Headliner
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Thread: Headliner

Headliner

My headliner is in desperate need of replacement and its sagging in all sorts of different areas. I have heard that it isn't even worth trying to re-glue the existing headliner because it won't last. I just moved to MA from PA about a month ago and have yet to find a good Volvo shop in the Worcester area and surrounding areas. I really do not want to bring it to Gallo or Farrell Volvo to have it replaced because of the cost. Does anyone know of a reputable Volvo shop in central MA?? Thanks!

Do it yourself. That is what I did. Different model car, but same process. Joanne's fabric (do they have those on the east coast?) has a great headliner spray and they sell headliner material as well.
      If you like modding you can go all out and do leather, alcantara, suede, whatever. Here is a link to my thread in case you would consider a DIY job:
      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...pillar-removal

Another S40 guy got his done for pretty cheap, using regular headliner material. So if you don't want to do it yourself just call around to local upholstery shops and they should be able to help or point you to someone that can. Good luck!
      SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

Sedan or wagon? Wagons are much easier than sedans...

I am going to be pulling mine out and redoing it soon. It sags a little bit in the middle and I want to catch it before it can get worse.
      14 Subaru Forester: White/Tan
      13 Subaru Crosstrek: Orange/Black.
      Past: (3) S60Rs, 06 XC90, 05 XC70 (the Battle Wagon!), a couple of 854s, a manual swapped/slammed/19T'd 855 T-5R...

Thanks for the feedback! Alright I'll look at Johann Fabrics to see what they have. Great DIY thread! Unfortunately its a sedan.