SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

R Sightings Thread - No Racing or Kill Posts Please

2M views 9K replies 997 participants last post by  titan joe 
#1 ·
2 Gray VR's in New London CT. One driving by BMW of New London,and one pulling out of BMW.We stared each other down.
It's kinda funny rubber neckin the same car as yours :D

#7,525 · (Edited)
What is that, a set of driving lights in the lower grille? Looks like passenger side lower fog grille is a mod of some sort. Wrong side for an intake. Driver's side looks normal, sort of.
I don't like the wind deflectors on top and side.
Just now at the CVS at Creedmoor & Norwood in N Raleigh.

#7,523 ·
Saw a black V70r on the route 322 bypass yesterday, you didn't wave back :'( I was the passion red 04 vR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7,524 ·
Greenville SC. On the way home from work on Friday, I nearly snapped my neck checking out a nicely modded Titanium VR heading west on Millennium in front of Humble. I was in my wife's silver Xc70 with heavy tint. The Ti R was dropped a bit with dark silver/Ti TSW type rims. Very nicely done.

#7,528 ·
I parked next to a '06 Titanium/Gobi GT VR at Lowes in Rochester, NH on Saturday. The owner came out as I was admiring the car and it's guard rail damage on the driver's side. The dude said his dad fell asleep scraping the length of the car. A major shame since the car only has 48K on it.

#7,533 ·
I don't do that... I tried hypermiling Elsa. 15% increase in fuel economy. Not worth it. Totally not worth it. I get 21mpg normally... I

I commit myself to getting up in the rev range every Volvo once its nice and warmed up every time I drive it. Keeps 'em happy.

#7,535 · (Edited)
oohhhh I got ya beat! I took the R out to the library today and took the twisties and did a few 0-50 WOT runs and averaged 16.2 mpg! (I haven't had it out if the neighborhood in about a month so I felt like giving it a good workout) I bet the guy in the Honda Accord I parked next to (but far enough from that he couldn't ding me :thumbup:) didn't do that LOL.

Normally around town I get 22 in the R and about 24 in the T-5R......and around 32-33 in the '99 :eek:.

I do try to get the P80s up to at least 5k at least once every time I take them out, but I save it for the fun spots. I just don't get anything out of dragging between the lights with some dude in a Corolla S.

That's me. A way into my office opened up with a new road. No curb cuts or driveways. Parkway like. I loop around and take it every once in a while instead of crossing three lanes to make the left right off my exit. At 7am, I am sure the TH units all wonder why a red volvo wagon is booking along from 0-80 for a short, curvy, sloping, upward perfect pavement stint.
Lol, sounds fantastic!

#7,540 ·
Today, 4:50 PM. Spotted NB on West Howard St. @ Quincy Ave in Quincy, MA.
2004 V70R. Ti Grey. Pegs. MA reg 8888 RY. Some kind of LED fog lights or something. Tint, maybe 40% or 50% (it wasn't too dark). Looks like you might have had some stickers on the back but I couldn't catch what any of them were.....or maybe it was just the salt making it look like stickers.

#7,563 ·
Saw this guy again this morning at about 9:30 AM NB on 93. Caught a glimpse as I was getting on at Neponset Circle and caught him by the end of the HOV lane. Paced him for a bit and gave a thumbs up but I don't think he was paying any attention to me being that I was in the '99. Ducked in behind for a bit before bailing off at exit 18 to see if I could read the stickers and they were way too small to read without getting way too close, although they all had the shape of those pie shaped state police stickers you can buy on ebay for like $3 and there was one of those blue line stickers too so I'm thinking that they were all some sort of police themed stickers.

I need to get a pocket camera so I can get pics of stuff I see when I'm driving.......fumbling around with my phone is just not acceptable 99.999% of the time.

#7,541 ·
8:05am on 131st Ave in woodinville ti grey S60R didn't get a long look but looked 05+ from my view. I was going the opposite direction in my VR.. also dare I say that was another female R owner?! [emoji1360]

#7,542 · (Edited)
Let's get the sightings back on track. DC makes millions of those cameras.

I may have posted this one long ago but I will give it another sighting. I see this almost daily. First and Channing D.C.

#7,550 ·
That was posted on the p2r FAcebook page a while back. I commented that IPD Peg reps look like isht on Jags also.

#7,545 ·
Hmmm...never would have thought going that direction. Have seen/heard of Volvo peeps installing Jag wheels, but not the other way around.

Those look like ipd replicas with winter tires on them, no?

#7,546 ·
+1

Maybe it's his winter ride so he doesn't have to take his real R out in the salt?

#7,551 ·
Grey V70R in Stafford, Va pulling out of Wawa. I slowed down to turn in...

Also, saw the first Giulia on the road today

#7,552 ·
I forget where but there is a giulia I've been seeeing lately. I think it's in Bethesda. Kinda cool to see one but it didn't jump out at me. Bland.

#7,553 ·
Silver SR pulling out of Kundert Volvo today in Hasbrouck Heights. Was on my way home from work when I saw it. Had gobi interior, sport kit, no winglets and a HUGEE droopy lip. Older gentleman driving it. Anyone here?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

#7,556 ·
Heyyy! Yep, thats my baby! I've heard nothing but good things about Moppert, so I chose them after my car was involved in a hit and run. They were even nice enough to give me a high end rental car, a Nissan Armada!

#7,558 ·
'04 M66 Downtown Dover around 6:00 this evening.

#7,561 ·
So great seeing you! Your R looks gooood! Mine is in sad ****ty winter mode :|

#7,560 ·
Saw a Titanium Grey V70R tonight at 6:34 PM NB on I95 at MP 14 in Maine

#7,562 ·
Saw my twin, and followed her through town for ten minutes till it stopped at the grocery store. Asked the blonde if I could take a picture of it and she said yes. The mystery one I've been seeing for years and more recently now that I've had mine.
Clean gt, 06. Droopy nose with slight tear at bottom.

#7,566 ·
This has been sitting outside my Indy's shop in Ranson WV for the past couple days. Must be in for repairs. I may slip buy tomorrow and check to see it it's a customers or his. He does buy cars in need of repairs often. Most are Volvo and VW's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#7,567 ·
This has been sitting outside my Indy's shop in Ranson WV for the past couple days. Must be in for repairs. I may slip buy tomorrow and check to see it it's a customers or his. He does buy cars in need of repairs often. Most are Volvo and VW's.
Are you trying to find an R that needs repairs?

#7,570 ·
Finally saw another R while driving my R. Saturday morning black 04 or 05 with body kit on Cactus at 32nd street with temp plates. Gave each other a thumbs up. You on here?