R Sightings Thread - No Racing or Kill Posts Please - Page 216
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 216 of 219 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 LastLast
    Results 7,526 to 7,560 of 7650
      Greenville SC. On the way home from work on Friday, I nearly snapped my neck checking out a nicely modded Titanium VR heading west on Millennium in front of Humble. I was in my wife's silver Xc70 with heavy tint. The Ti R was dropped a bit with dark silver/Ti TSW type rims. Very nicely done.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What is that, a set of driving lights in the lower grille? Looks like passenger side lower fog grille is a mod of some sort. Wrong side for an intake. Driver's side looks normal, sort of.
      I don't like the wind deflectors on top and side.
      Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
      Just now at the CVS at Creedmoor & Norwood in N Raleigh.
      Last edited by ZZZZZZZ; 03-06-2017 at 06:42 AM.
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

I spotted this guy again! In Quincy this time.
      Quote Originally Posted by Body Massage View Post
      Stopped at Dalzell Volvo in Dedham, MA. Saw an 05-06 tigrey S60R with the vanity plate "chiro"?

2005 S60R. Body kit! Not sure about interior. MA reg number "CHIRO." Spotted here https://www.google.com/maps/place/65...!4d-70.9880329

Last edited by JaredR; 03-06-2017 at 10:15 AM.

05+ VR yesterday in Fairfax, VA merging onto I66 West at exit 60. I was in the red Mustang Gt.
      License plate Thrshmr (thor's hammer). Debadged on the back except for the R. Older guy driving but he wasn't driving slow.

I parked next to a '06 Titanium/Gobi GT VR at Lowes in Rochester, NH on Saturday. The owner came out as I was admiring the car and it's guard rail damage on the driver's side. The dude said his dad fell asleep scraping the length of the car. A major shame since the car only has 48K on it.
      2007 V70R GT Electric Silver/Nordkap
      2005 XC70 It's got HIDs yo.

What are you getting at? Old guys typically drive slow?
      Quote Originally Posted by S60PoweR View Post
      05+ VR yesterday in Fairfax, VA merging onto I66 West at exit 60. I was in the red Mustang Gt.
      License plate Thrshmr (thor's hammer). Debadged on the back except for the R. Older guy driving but he wasn't driving slow.
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

That's a damn shame.
      Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post
      I parked next to a '06 Titanium/Gobi GT VR at Lowes in Rochester, NH on Saturday. The owner came out as I was admiring the car and it's guard rail damage on the driver's side. The dude said his dad fell asleep scraping the length of the car. A major shame since the car only has 48K on it.

Quote Originally Posted by youropeen View Post
      That was an expensive mistake.
      2004 Volvo V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2006 Volvo S60R GT TiGray/Gobi - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      I typically drive slow until I get to a fun road. Then anybody that has never been on a fun road with me before wonders wtf has gotten into me lol. That's one of my favorite parts about the R is that it's perfectly happy to cruise around at a relaxed pace while I turn on the Pro Logic, try to get some decent fuel economy, and dodge the potholes while I'm on the boring roads. That's the vast majority of the driving I do, so you guys are gonna have fun stereotyping me on here in 30 years as random old dude that somehow randomly landed a cool Volvo .
      Last edited by JaredR; 03-07-2017 at 07:26 PM.

I don't do that... I tried hypermiling Elsa. 15% increase in fuel economy. Not worth it. Totally not worth it. I get 21mpg normally... I

I commit myself to getting up in the rev range every Volvo once its nice and warmed up every time I drive it. Keeps 'em happy.
      Exponents kill
      Elsa my 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap 312,000 Miles
      Link to thread: wafflesv70r on Instagram Unofficial R part catalog and maintenance interval spreadsheet.

That's me. A way into my office opened up with a new road. No curb cuts or driveways. Parkway like. I loop around and take it every once in a while instead of crossing three lanes to make the left right off my exit. At 7am, I am sure the TH units all wonder why a red volvo wagon is booking along from 0-80 for a short, curvy, sloping, upward perfect pavement stint.
      Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      I typically drive slow until I get to a fun road. Then anybody that has never been on a fun road with me before wonders wtf has gotten into me lol. That's one of my favorite parts about the R is that it's perfectly happy to cruise around at a relaxed pace while I turn on the Pro Logic, try to get some decent fuel economy, and dodge the potholes while I'm on the boring roads. That's the vast majority of the driving I do, so you guys are gonna have fun stereotyping me on here in 30 years as random old dude that somehow randomly landed a cool Volvo .

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddogger View Post
      I don't do that... I tried hypermiling Elsa. 15% increase in fuel economy. Not worth it. Totally not worth it. I get 21mpg normally... I

I commit myself to getting up in the rev range every Volvo once its nice and warmed up every time I drive it. Keeps 'em happy.
      oohhhh I got ya beat! I took the R out to the library today and took the twisties and did a few 0-50 WOT runs and averaged 16.2 mpg! (I haven't had it out if the neighborhood in about a month so I felt like giving it a good workout) I bet the guy in the Honda Accord I parked next to (but far enough from that he couldn't ding me ) didn't do that LOL.

Normally around town I get 22 in the R and about 24 in the T-5R......and around 32-33 in the '99 .

I do try to get the P80s up to at least 5k at least once every time I take them out, but I save it for the fun spots. I just don't get anything out of dragging between the lights with some dude in a Corolla S.

That's me. A way into my office opened up with a new road. No curb cuts or driveways. Parkway like. I loop around and take it every once in a while instead of crossing three lanes to make the left right off my exit. At 7am, I am sure the TH units all wonder why a red volvo wagon is booking along from 0-80 for a short, curvy, sloping, upward perfect pavement stint.
      Lol, sounds fantastic!
      Last edited by JaredR; 03-07-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Risky business in DC! One of those speed cameras caught be last week - what a racket.
      2007 Volvo S60R - Electric Silver/Nordkap/M66
      2006 Volvo XC70 Ocean Race 394/500
      2001 Volvo S60 Challenge Factory Race Car
      1998 Volvo C70 Euro-Import - Saffron/GT/5 Speed/Ohlins
      1998 Volvo S90 Factory Limo

Quote Originally Posted by JoshV70_ View Post
      Risky business in DC! One of those speed cameras caught be last week - what a racket.
      I hate those damn things. Snapped me last fall once, down near D.C. Line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well sadly the most Rs I've seen around have weird owners. Some very young kids packed full with their friends. Some in awful shape (door dents and scrapes everywhere). When I see a clean one, I smile. They probably think I'm weird looking at their car and giving them a thumbs up in a Mustang but I still love Rs to this day.

Today, must have been around 6pm, silver 04 SR merged into I405 N from Bothell/Mill Creek. Had red license inserts from a used car lot. You went North on I-5, I went South.

Today, 4:50 PM. Spotted NB on West Howard St. @ Quincy Ave in Quincy, MA.
      2004 V70R. Ti Grey. Pegs. MA reg 8888 RY. Some kind of LED fog lights or something. Tint, maybe 40% or 50% (it wasn't too dark). Looks like you might have had some stickers on the back but I couldn't catch what any of them were.....or maybe it was just the salt making it look like stickers.

8:05am on 131st Ave in woodinville ti grey S60R didn't get a long look but looked 05+ from my view. I was going the opposite direction in my VR.. also dare I say that was another female R owner?!

2004 SRGT Ti/Grey Nordkap - sold
      2004 VR M66 Ti/Grey Nordkap | 18" TSW's | IPD Stage 2 | IPD boost gauge | IPD Exhaust | EST Downpipe | PHMIC
      2005 SR M66 BlackSaph Nordkap | 18" Pegs | under construction

R Sightings Thread - No Racing or Kill Posts Please

Let's get the sightings back on track. DC makes millions of those cameras.

I may have posted this one long ago but I will give it another sighting. I see this almost daily. First and Channing D.C.

Last edited by maronha; 03-15-2017 at 04:32 PM.
      2006 Sonic V70R GT 132k, 2013 XC90 R Design Electric Silver 30K (The Wife's), 2015 Silverado High Country 1500 4WD Ruby Metallic 35k

Weird looking S60 R at Porsche Oakville last night...

Humza (im_humza on IG) - 04 S60R MT Sapph/kap - SOLD

That looks so alien!

Hmmm...never would have thought going that direction. Have seen/heard of Volvo peeps installing Jag wheels, but not the other way around.

Those look like ipd replicas with winter tires on them, no?
      '06 Long Roof R Magic Blue | Eroticama | 3-Pedal Arrangement | 177k miles | My story: Addicted to a new drug: torque, baby!!!
      '06 S2000 Berlina Black | Black | Hardtop | 24k miles - garage queen
      '07 Passat 2.0T Wagon | Deep Black | Wifemobile | 120k miles

Quote Originally Posted by qwkbrk View Post
      Hmmm...never would have thought going that direction. Have seen/heard of Volvo peeps installing Jag wheels, but not the other way around.

+1

Maybe it's his winter ride so he doesn't have to take his real R out in the salt?

+1, definitely iPD reps.

completely unable to go through drive thrus

2004 M66 Passion Red V70r, 2004 XC70

'05+ Ti/Gobi w/ Sport Kit heading South on HWY 17 in Fleming Island Florida.....pulled up next to me and waved...very clean
      Last edited by crush; 03-17-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Yes, IPD reps.

I wonder how the F-type R's diamond cut wheels and ceramic brakes would look, if they could fit and someone was willing to spend the $$$

Humza (im_humza on IG) - 04 S60R MT Sapph/kap - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by volvosRus View Post
      Weird looking S60 R at Porsche Oakville last night...

That was posted on the p2r FAcebook page a while back. I commented that IPD Peg reps look like isht on Jags also.

R Sightings Thread - No Racing or Kill Posts Please

Grey V70R in Stafford, Va pulling out of Wawa. I slowed down to turn in...

Also, saw the first Giulia on the road today

2007 S60 T5 M66 Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s (summer)/Orpheus 17s (winter), H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, R Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, SS brake lines, IPD HD front/rear end links, H&R spacers: 10F/15R, IPD HD TCV, extended wheel lug conversion, muffler delete, tint

I forget where but there is a giulia I've been seeeing lately. I think it's in Bethesda. Kinda cool to see one but it didn't jump out at me. Bland.
      Quote Originally Posted by Shamak View Post
      Grey V70R in Stafford, Va pulling out of Wawa. I slowed down to turn in...

Also, saw the first Giulia on the road today

Silver SR pulling out of Kundert Volvo today in Hasbrouck Heights. Was on my way home from work when I saw it. Had gobi interior, sport kit, no winglets and a HUGEE droopy lip. Older gentleman driving it. Anyone here?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
      2005 SR GT Steveo tune | IPD catback | EST dp | K an N drop in | IPD CAI | CX Racing FMIC | Snabb Intake | Forge CBV

Instagram r_mayor

Quote Originally Posted by KBVolvo View Post
      Nice Rack.
      I see they are using a low profile rail to get some distance between the bars.

Ha. I did the same thing on mine and I got so much flame for it.
      2007 V70R SoniKap GT 126000km | GROM Audio iPod/Bluetooth interface | Thule Aeroblade Edge
      1994 850 GOLD M56 371000km
      1991 BMW 535i Blue 5MT | Bilstein Sport Shocks | Eibach Lowering Springs
      (Comfort|Sport|Roadhead)

Spotted a passion red v70r at Moppert paint and body today on 322 in Swedesboro. Stomish? Who's ever it is, let me know how the paint body work goes. I plan on getting my bumper and hood painted soon and that place is right in my back yard!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare R View Post
      Spotted a passion red v70r at Moppert paint and body today on 322 in Swedesboro. Stomish? Who's ever it is, let me know how the paint body work goes. I plan on getting my bumper and hood painted soon and that place is right in my back yard!
      Heyyy! Yep, thats my baby! I've heard nothing but good things about Moppert, so I chose them after my car was involved in a hit and run. They were even nice enough to give me a high end rental car, a Nissan Armada!

completely unable to go through drive thrus

2004 M66 Passion Red V70r, 2004 XC70

Saw a silver S60R on Riverdrive in Moline, IL last week. Is that anyone on here?

'04 M66 Downtown Dover around 6:00 this evening.

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 216 of 219 FirstFirst ... 116 166 206 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 LastLast