SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Mine's built as well

35K views 99 replies 22 participants last post by  hikeskool 
#1 ·
F***ing yea!
My car is built and leaving the factory today.
It's going to be in Geneva by next week, but I'll only get to see it on the 10th (vacation)
Yay!!! I'll post pictures then!

#2 ·
It's at the dealership now :)
Waiting for my plates and customs formalities :D

Here are some previews:

It amazes me how different the Ember Black Perl looks under different lighting conditions...
I can't wait to take it home, though :)

#10 ·
Nice Color

It's at the dealership now :)
Waiting for my plates and customs formalities :D

Here are some previews:

It amazes me how different the Ember Black Perl looks under different lighting conditions...
I can't wait to take it home, though :)
Great Color : 4 different colors in the metallic flake , seems to be .
Just Drove the T6 AWD - Scooted really well ! Held the Corners very well - 215/18" seemed
A - OK - Like the Camera also : Plus the Heads Up - Nice Warning Light .

#4 ·
I know what you mean. It's so frustrating that it's 2 miles away and can't drive it...Plus I'm going on vacation for a week...Ironic ... given the fact that I've already waited for 7 months for it...
I'm imagining you can't wait for yours either :)

#7 ·
I finally got my car. It's amazing :)
I can't post any pictures since the weather is awful but as soon as i get some clear skies I'll take it out for a photo session.
I plan to go on some windy mountain roads this week-end, so expect a nice review as well.
Hehe :D

#11 · (Edited)
Yup, I love the color as well. It seems like it changes colors throughout the day :)

I managed to have some fun on *non* public roads (really) with the car.
The only straight that I had was unfortunately going uphill/downhill.
I've timed the 0-60 going uphill at around 6.5 seconds which was pretty satisfying. (T6 AWD)
Also, with the FOUR-C in advanced mode, gearbox in Sports mode and DSTC off you can have some serious fun with the car. Managed to get it sliding in a round-about without any problems.

I've also enjoyed having the FOUR-C in comfort, gearbox in D. It's a pleasure to drive on the highway like that.
The ACC worked flawlesly on the car. I didn't have to touch any pedal for almost all my drive to and from work.
BLIS works OKish. Sometimes if things go past you at high speed, they're not really registered. Also while in heavy queues it went crazy at one point. It started flashing the orange light on my side. Turning it off and on again showed me the message "Camera blocked" (or something) in the dashboard. I think the line of cars on my side made it think that something was blocking the camera. It returned to normal functionality after getting out of the queue.
I've also tested Pedestrian safety in the evening, with light rain with the dummy provided by the dealership. It stopped all three times before hitting the dummy. On the contrary I did not remember hearing any warning sound or seeing a light in the dashboard. It just stopped...
I've also didn't manage to get the Lane departure to trigger a warning (granted I've only tried like 2 times).
More to come :)

#12 ·
Testing - 1-2-3

I put up the 2 Step Reverse Camera , Now I have a 40 to 100 MPH - On Ramp - slight right handier tightening up as I got towards 105 Lifted right Off , If You crank up the
Volume You'll be able to hear the Off throttle Exhaust Note .

Also a little Testing of the Down shifting & Up Shifting - in Manual Mode - Pretty Good Actually .

#13 · (Edited)
I've just returned from the trip I was telling you guys about.
It was a really good to see the car through a whole range of scenarios, giving me a good insight into the car's capabilities.

The trip was almost 180 miles, half of which was on a highway - the rest on windy mountain roads. The average consumption was about 22 mpg. This was with ACC set @ 83 mph (135kph - for us Europeans :p) for the highway part, the rest was spirited driving.

The highway part was very enjoyable (FOUR-C set to comfort, gearbox in D). I managed to try the lane departure feature when no one was around me. This time it worked as advertised. I think the last time I tried it he couldn't get a good reading on the road markings because of the rain and wet pavement. Who knows? Today, it didn't miss a chance on warning me. It actually got pretty annoying on the mountain road (so I had to turn it off).

Which brings me to the second part : the spirited driving through the mountains. On this part I drove with the FOUR-C set to Advanced, gearbox in Sport and DSTC off. In this setup the car handles the corners really well. The steering was firm and quick - exactly what's needed for windy roads - with no noticeable body roll. I would say it's a very well composed ride when cornering at high speed. I didn't stop grinning one second.

The gearbox in Sports mode was OK - not perfect...just ok. It's perfect as long as you hold down your acceleration, but as soon as you lift off even for a little bit, it upshifts and leaves you hanging when you need to accelerate again. Good thing for the manual mode. Lets you keep the revs up for instant acceleration - which thanks to the T6 you've got plenty of. Shift speed was ok both in sports mode and in manual.

The seats give you lateral support, but I have the impression they were designed for someone a tad bigger than me. They were very comfortable though, with soft leather that I wish my couch was made of. ;)

Polarized sun glasses don't have issues with the displays in the car. Even the warning light in the dash is clearly visible in a sunny day with glasses on.

The HMI works a lot faster than what I have tried on the demo S60. That was a really nice suprise.
Navigation works well, but I cannot for the sake of it to command it with the voice control. Well, I can, but when I want to choose my destination the country is preselected (UK) and cannot change it :) Obviously that's an issue for me ...

And btw ... Pedestrian safety gave me a really big scare today. As I was getting back, it started warning me of an impeding collision (sound and light). Yes there was a guy on the side of the road, yes he was technically in front of the car, but no he wasn't on the road. He was on a sidewalk next to the turn that I was about to take.I think the car thought if I would continue straight I would ram him down (I was doing 45-50 mph) so decided to give me a heads up. Either way, when I saw the light in the windscreen I instinctively hit the brakes (good job Volvo on those subliminal messages), scaring the guy behind me in the process. Pfff...

Here are some pictures of said trip (sorry for the scenery images, but they were so nice, I couldn't help it) :

#15 ·
I echo Elrepho's feelings; stunning scenery (to be expected, of course! :) ) and I love the color combination of your T6. Great job and best of luck!

#20 ·
Curious...are your wheels 17"? The tire sidewall (from the angle of your shots) seems a bit higher than what I have seen here, in the U.S.

#17 ·
One thing I am learning to appreciate (looks-wise) are the headlights, at night. In your pics, they look really good. The other day, my wife was driving the S60 and I was driving our V70 T5 but she was following me. Looking in my rearview mirror, I really liked the look; the slanted LEDs, the head lights and the orange accents...all were flowing really well, like eyebrows.

#18 ·
Can somone please explain to me why people black out the lincense plate? Do you think I can't see you driving down the road? Do you think you are protecting something that I can't find through the DMV? Do you think that I really care about your plate number? Do you black out your eyes when you post a picture on facebook?

#19 · (Edited)
Probably for the same reason you are hiding behind an ID/not posting your home address or your phone number.

Actually the comparison between posting pictures on facebook and posting my licence plate here on the forum is flawed for various reasons.
First, pictures on FB can only be seen by friends if you chose to.
Second, even if you see my face in a picture I doubt you can get my home address and such information, things you can from my licence plate.

#25 ·
One week and almost 600miles after I got my car and I'm starting to hate the sports mode more and more.
I seem to be always driving in either drive or manual.
The sports mode is great just when you want to have some rapid acceleration, but as I said earlier, as soon as you lift off, it upshifts which drives me crazy.
And sometimes when you're in sports mode, you press the acceleration, nothing impressive happens, you press it more and BAM it brutally downshifts accelerates. I which it was more linear.
Dont get me wrong, it's a great car, which I LOVE driving and manual mode solves almost all the problems. But hey...if I'm in sports mode why the hell do you upshift? I'm in sports mode for a reason. I DONT want to save fuel.
Speaking of which...my average until now is 21.9 mpg. (my commute is 1/2 city traffic and 1/2 highway)

#29 ·
I've went on another trip now and this is the second time BLIS has gone beserk.
This time there was no queue involved. The right hand side indicator started flashing and got a warning in the instrument cluster ("BLIS offline" or smth). Turning it off and back on again didn't solve the issue. Only after I turned the car off and back on again, the issue went away... Weird...
Anyone else having BLIS got the same issue?

#31 ·
Thanks for the info Yannis.
Anyway, here's my first 3D picture of my S60. You either need a 3D television or nVidia's stereoscopic kit to view it : http://rapidshare.com/files/432533977/DSC00291.MPO
More will come. I'm planning to take more close-ups in 3D and some HD movies while driving.
Stay posted.

#33 · (Edited)
What program can I use to open it? Looks like it's a fujifilm proprietary format? Did you just take two pics of it from slightly different angles to achieve the 3D effect? Or something more complex such as polarizing it?

My 2009 V70 fitted with BLIS has done it countless times. It shows "Blind Spot syst. Camera Blocked" or something like that.

It happens when I drive up or down narrow ramps in parking lots or sometimes in the rain where the road is wet. And yes, if it doesn't clear up by itself, the only way is to restart the car.
Same with me, had an '08 XC70 with BLIS for a week and the exact same thing happened. Turned it back off then on and it functioned properly again.

#32 ·
My 2009 V70 fitted with BLIS has done it countless times. It shows "Blind Spot syst. Camera Blocked" or something like that.

It happens when I drive up or down narrow ramps in parking lots or sometimes in the rain where the road is wet. And yes, if it doesn't clear up by itself, the only way is to restart the car.

#38 ·
Congratulations! It looks beautiful. Is the interior really that orange in person or is it just the camera? I've never seen it in person and every picture I see makes it look very, very intense.

#40 ·
The camera does accentuate the orangeness of the seats (the white balance in the camera might have to be rechecked). Anyway, I had the same issues as you before I got the car, but I love the way it turned out. I think you have to see it in person to decide weather you like it or not...

Thank you for the pictures! Trying to decide on your color combo vs. Flamenco Red and Black; the car is scheduled to arrive at the dealer 12/10/10; I am under no obligation to take it and will see it in person soon enough!!!
You're welcome.
I love the way the Ember black changes color in relation to the sunshine...I would get the same paint for my next car :p

#39 ·
Thank you for the pictures! Trying to decide on your color combo vs. Flamenco Red and Black; the car is scheduled to arrive at the dealer 12/10/10; I am under no obligation to take it and will see it in person soon enough!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.