Front axle seal leak
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Front axle seal leak

I've got a leaky angle gear axle seal (passenger side). Anyone replaced this seal?
      11 Audi S4 - stock
      12.83@108mph 1.86 60'

03 350Z TT
      10.96@127mph 1.58 60'

So tranny fluid coming out? This seal is behind the sleeve that connects tranny shaft to angle gear. Not too bad to do if u have a lift. Same job as replacing the sleeve. Read posts on bevel gear question.

Quote Originally Posted by ari lisner View Post
      So tranny fluid coming out? This seal is behind the sleeve that connects tranny shaft to angle gear. Not too bad to do if u have a lift. Same job as replacing the sleeve. Read posts on bevel gear question.

Negative. It's angle gear fluid, it's the axle seal on the other side of the angle gear. Opposite the tranny. Should be much easier than the other side, just wondering if anyone has done it and has tips.
      11 Audi S4 - stock
      12.83@108mph 1.86 60'

03 350Z TT
      10.96@127mph 1.58 60'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHgwqWEyyOc

I believe you have to remove the angle gear to do this. Watch videos, there are 3. I know you have to pull out right front axle to do this. It is not difficult, but you might as well replace the sleeve at the same time, you will be right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ari lisner View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHgwqWEyyOc

I believe you have to remove the angle gear to do this. Watch videos, there are 3. I know you have to pull out right front axle to do this. It is not difficult, but you might as well replace the sleeve at the same time, you will be right there.
      Thanks for the link to the videos. I know I have to pull the axle, I was just wondering how much other stuff I'll have to take off to pull it. I won't be removing the angle gear, I had a new sleeve installed (updated one) in late 2007, and I'm selling the car in 4 months anyway.
      11 Audi S4 - stock
      12.83@108mph 1.86 60'

03 350Z TT
      10.96@127mph 1.58 60'