IAT Sensor ?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Thread: IAT Sensor ?

IAT Sensor ?

The check engine light is on. A quick scan says "IAT sensor malfunction" Any Ideas/ advice ?

IAT sensors go bad pretty frequently, it attaches to the intercooler piping pre-intake manifold. You can pick one up from Tasca for $80 I think and it's not too hard to replace.
      2004 Volvo S60R M66 - Sapphire/Nordkap - PhMIC, OBX DP, AEM Methanol, RICA Stage II, Powerflex front end, XC90 Spring Seats, ViVA CBV, HD TCV, SRP Pedals, K&N, JRL Mod, IPD R Boost gauge w/ CFWerks Door Pod, UR upper chassis braces, IPD Track Spec sways, IPD urethane subframe/engine/trans bushings, 10mm/15mm Front/Rear spacers, Black 18" Pegs, 245/40R18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's, 3000k HID Euro fogs, USA Spec, Parrot Bluetooth

$25.38 from iPd (though they are out of stock, so you'll have to wait 7 days for it to ship)
      http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S60-P2/E...p-74-395-6208/
      2004 Sapphire/Nordkap S60R traded in for a 2006 British Racing Green - Mini Cooper S - John Cooper Works

THRRRRRRRRREEEEAAAAAD RESSSSSSURRRRRRRRECTIIIOOOONN

Hi all, so I need a new IAT instead of a heated oxygen sensor for my R. It does not appear that IPD sells it for the R anymore (at least when I searched on their site they didn't have an R compatible one). Does anyone know the part number? Tasca's website is down for me right now, but when it comes up I'll need to order one.

Thanks in advance(d mode)
      My YouTube Channel & My Twitter @TheCastro
      12 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
      06 XC90 V8 - for sale
      04 S60R - sold!

Before replacing, I'd reseat the connector. Unplug it and plug it back together. Maybe the connection is just dirty.
      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!"

Both Range Rover & Ford use the same sensor, do some searching & you will find a thread with the appropriate part numbers, it will cost you less that 1/2 of what the official Volvo part will

EDIT: I was mistakenly thinking about the FPS, please disregard
      Last edited by jstro; 12-29-2011 at 04:07 PM.
      totally stock.. honest

Quote Originally Posted by jstro View Post
      Both Range Rover & Ford use the same sensor, do some searching & you will find a thread with the appropriate part numbers, it will cost you less that 1/2 of what the official Volvo part will
      I did some searching using google, the other threads were less helpful than this one, and it's only 3 posts long.
      12 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
      06 XC90 V8 - for sale
      04 S60R - sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Our R View Post
      Before replacing, I'd reseat the connector. Unplug it and plug it back together. Maybe the connection is just dirty.
      I prefer to just replace things, I mean heck, I already replaced the angle gear, what's another $50?
      12 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
      06 XC90 V8 - for sale
      04 S60R - sold!

Senior Member 850arrrsaylikepirate's Avatar
      Check it ---> Linky

and for those that are lazy here's the gist of it:
      Quote Originally Posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate View Post
      31303975 is the correct part number for the R

And to be clear, the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor is also called the MAP sensor which is also called the Boost Pressure sensor. Its all wrapped into one for the R.
      Last edited by 850arrrsaylikepirate; 12-29-2011 at 04:13 PM.
      2006 S60R - Black Sapphire~Nordkap~GT~iPd Track Spec Sways~TME Springs~TME DP-Exhaust~Bell FMIC~iMIV~E-Codes
      2009 XC90 3.2 AWD - aka the kiddo hauler
      1997 4x4 Nissan - Fook mi this thing is slow

Quote Originally Posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate View Post
      Check it ---> Linky

and for those that are lazy here's the gist of it:

And to be clear, the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor is also called the MAP sensor which is also called the Boost Pressure sensor. Its all wrapped into one for the R.
      Thanks 850. The only other one I found was with the same pic, but number 4 circled, no part number (would have been wrong anyway). I knew it was the MAP, but didn't know people called it the boost pressure sensor, I just knew it had to do with the boost pressure.

So do I want to look for the 8677288 that you highlighted or the 31303975 you wrote at the top?
      12 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
      06 XC90 V8 - for sale
      04 S60R - sold!

Senior Member 850arrrsaylikepirate's Avatar
      31303975 is the correct part number for the R.

Ya, the highlighted number in the pic was from a different thread, and shows the wrong part number hence me bolding the correct number at the top. If one looks closely you'll see that 8677288 excludes the B5254T4 (the R motor).
      Last edited by 850arrrsaylikepirate; 12-29-2011 at 05:04 PM.
      2006 S60R - Black Sapphire~Nordkap~GT~iPd Track Spec Sways~TME Springs~TME DP-Exhaust~Bell FMIC~iMIV~E-Codes
      2009 XC90 3.2 AWD - aka the kiddo hauler
      1997 4x4 Nissan - Fook mi this thing is slow

Cool. I figured that's what you meant and on tascas site it said w r model so I ordered that one. Thanks.

Sent from the seat of my pants
      12 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
      06 XC90 V8 - for sale
      04 S60R - sold!