What did you do with your s60 today?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 137 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

What did you do with your s60 today?

Decided to paint my amaltheas semi-gloss white

success!
      Last edited by The Red Baron; 03-03-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: link didnt work

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

anyone else?
      Last edited by The Red Baron; 03-03-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: link didnt work

Nothing, unfortunately it's still in the 30's here and it's not pleasant to do any car work. Hopefully over my spring break I will be getting some things done.
      2011 BMW 328i Xdrive

Vent pods- http://bprayventpods.webs.com/

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

lucky for me i had a decent weekend of 65-70 degree weather for the first time in months and got this done in a couple of hours

Spent the day going over bills and my money situation for mods. Need Eibachs, HD strut mounts, Bilstein sports, Downpipe, HD TCV, Boost Gauge and Stage 2 Tune.
      Good thing EST has an exhaust sale till april 30th, and Ipd sale is in late may I think.
      05 AWD,16T Turbo,RICA Stage 2,IPD HD CBV,IPD Drop In R Intercooler,IPD HD TCV,IPD HD Coils,Snabb Intake,Eurosport DP/Catback ,Aux Tran Cooler,Sil. Vac Lines/Couplers,IPD R Boost Gauge,Scan Gauge II-Bilstein B8 Struts,Eibach Springs,IPD Sway Bars,UR Front/Rear Upper Braces,IPD HD Tran Mount,IPD Poly SubFrame Bushings,Strut Bar Conv.,DDM Tuning 5K, PIAA Plasma Ion Fogs,LED Interior,Front Sport Lip,18in Enkei RSF5,Cryo Drilled Rotors, and R Brembos.

all my stuff had been done inside the doors (speakers) and trunk (amp)

Saw my MPG hit 26 for the first time in a few years, looks like the Shell V-Power fuel treatment works.
      Our Work Is Never Over.

Got the car inspected. New blower motor and mirror motor going in this weekend.
      Underhill, VT
      2005 S60 T5M

ordered my limited slip diff, spec clutch, and solid flywheel today!

Quote Originally Posted by 1maitai View Post
      ordered my limited slip diff, spec clutch, and solid flywheel today!
      Sweet, keep us updated on the progress!
      2011 BMW 328i Xdrive

Quote Originally Posted by Blumpkinz01 View Post

success!
      Forgot to say that looks great by the way. I have white orbits for my winter setup right now.
      Our Work Is Never Over.

Quote Originally Posted by Blumpkinz01 View Post

success!
      man I love the drop of your car! Can you perhaps post side-profile photos?
      How did you lower it like that?
      2004 S60R 6MT HILTON 2.5 Tuned
      CLICK HERE for Build Thread

My wife's car: 2015.5 XC60 CLICK HERE

Yesterday? I drove it. Today? I'll probably drive it again lol

Ordered my Mooses yesterday.

2002 S60 T5- low mileage sleeper

I replaced my front Fogs today with new ones from FCP. I have had then sitting in my back seat for a month.Weather here in Boston has been awful to say the least. But now nice new clean looking lights. Just need to get a few nice days that land on a weekend to do some other things that i have been putting Off. IPD CBV being one of them. Then need to replace the shock/struts and put on some Eibach springs. The pot holes here made my aging suspension just fall apart. Better weather is coming thank God.
      03 S60 AWD 2.5T GT W/Elevate(AutoTech) stage 2, OBX 3"DP,OBX R Exhaust,EST Intake,Snabb FA Pipe,IPD (TCV,Coilpacks,CBV)

I wish I did something, but I am clueless when it comes to upgrades... so I drove it...

liking the wheels alot blumpkinz, as for me i dyed the trim, painted the overhead light piece black, put in my new fogs and put in new yellow bulbs. yeah it was a busy day kinda haha

Quote Originally Posted by volvo_s60turbo View Post
      liking the wheels alot blumpkinz, as for me i dyed the trim, painted the overhead light piece black, put in my new fogs and put in new yellow bulbs. yeah it was a busy day kinda haha
      What's an "overhead light piece"?
      2011 BMW 328i Xdrive

Quote Originally Posted by bpray9223 View Post
      What's an "overhead light piece"?
      where the sunroof control is and the lights, i know theres another name for it i just cant think of it. its on the headliner i think based off the description you know what im talking about haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NJGreenBudd View Post
      Saw my MPG hit 26 for the first time in a few years, looks like the Shell V-Power fuel treatment works.
      WOW i do about 300-350 miles Pre week commute its all Highway 65-80mph and have never seen over 22. Most of the time its at 21mpg. Thats great mileage wish i got that. LOL
      03 S60 AWD 2.5T GT W/Elevate(AutoTech) stage 2, OBX 3"DP,OBX R Exhaust,EST Intake,Snabb FA Pipe,IPD (TCV,Coilpacks,CBV)

When I first got my car it was around 26-27mpg on average. Now I'm averaging 23-ish. Depends on how I drive. I do a good bit of stop and go mixed with highway. Once it warms up my MPG should pick back up. It always does. I dunno what the deal with my cars is. My truck was like that, same with my Camaro.

Did my trims today as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BmCR View Post
      Did my trims today as well.
      looks good, please tell me its a real R though and not just a slapped on R badge...or atleast say u have the power to match the R

Does this answer your question?

Quote Originally Posted by BmCR View Post
      Does this answer your question?
      [IMG]http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/board486/9252f399.jpg?t=1299557605[]
      Did you swap clusters with an R? ¬_¬

What I did today.

Got parts from Tasca and CF Werks. Replaced Cubby with Cup holder (Wont use it much but looks better IMO) CFWerks HU Trim rings, S60 Aluminum Mesh door and glove box trim. (Looks better in person and in natural light. it's a dark gunmetal gray. accents the bright alum handles and lock pins well.) Alsonote to self make sure all plugs in for climate control areplugged in and ALL THE WAY in before hooking battery up again. I threw a SRS message which dealer is going to have to remove. =[

Last edited by Ego_Trip; 03-07-2011 at 11:12 PM.
      [2004 S60 2.5T] < SOLD
      2011 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T P+

I like the little cubby. I sit my cell phone in it usually.

nothing with the R, but my wife's 2'5T got a set of spark plugs along with these

Bolted the summer wheels back on tonight. Getting ready for complete suspension and steering upgrades in the next two weeks.
      Our Work Is Never Over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ego_Trip View Post
      Did you swap clusters with an R? ¬_¬

What I did today.

Got parts from Tasca and CF Werks. Replaced Cubby with Cup holder (Wont use it much but looks better IMO) CFWerks HU Trim rings, S60 Aluminum Mesh door and glove box trim. (Looks better in person and in natural light. it's a dark gunmetal gray. accents the bright alum handles and lock pins well.) Alsonote to self make sure all plugs in for climate control areplugged in and ALL THE WAY in before hooking battery up again. I threw a SRS message which dealer is going to have to remove. =[
      i had the same problem when i took out my climate control and the dealer said 45 bucks to clear the code, and i was like haha no, and so then i started to walk away and the guy was like well if you wana do it by urself then hold the two battery cable together for about 10-15min and that may clear the code, i havent tried it but hey worth a shot if your about to go to the dealer and spend all that money...

$65 later the code has been cleared. I held the two wires together for 30 minutes to do the hard reset and it would not turn off.

With saftey and emission coming up I had to get it off; so to the dealer I went. =/
      Last edited by Ego_Trip; 03-09-2011 at 09:56 AM.
      [2004 S60 2.5T] < SOLD
      2011 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T P+

SRS can not be cleared by resetting via battery or common OBD 2 scanners. It must be cleared through VIDA or Volvo specific diagnostic tool like RICA iSoftloader, IPD Softloader, PPC Diagnostics, etc... Good excuse to buy a tune IMO.

To stay on topic, UPS just dropped off my Bilstein Sport front shocks today.
      Our Work Is Never Over.

To stay on topic, UPS just dropped off my Bilstein Sport front shocks today.
      Sweet, what do you plan to run in the rear?
      2011 BMW 328i Xdrive

Quote Originally Posted by MYS6T View Post
      Then need to replace the shock/struts and put on some Eibach springs. The pot holes here made my aging suspension just fall apart. Better weather is coming thank God.
      I need to do this badly. Roads here in Minnesota are terrible. Bent two rims this winter as well on non-avoidable craters in the middle of the highway. My shocks/struts were on their way out when I bought the car a couple years ago at 117k. It's now at 138k and the roads this winter were the nail in the coffin to what I'm pretty sure is the original suspension. I'm hoping my springs are ok, though. With that said, having two bent rims and trashed suspension, the car isn't exactly a joy to drive at the moment.

Ordered the OEM (Sachs) struts/shocks through IPD. With new wheels coming in a month, I need to cut back spending on some things. Also ordered IPD's HD spring seats. Still need to get some rear strut mounts when they restock in a week. This winter is really taking it's toll on my car....

Quote Originally Posted by bpray9223 View Post
      Sweet, what do you plan to run in the rear?
      Ready? drumroll please........ OEM/Sachs. Kills me that Bilstein has no rear shock for the AWD but I have made up my mind and sticking to shock/spring comb for the S60. Will be using all new HD mounts, HD Spring Seats, HD endlinks, IPD Sways, new control arms, ball joints, tie rods, etc...the whole kit and kaboodle for a fresh slate.
      Our Work Is Never Over.

Quote Originally Posted by tobythesandwich View Post
      When I first got my car it was around 26-27mpg on average. Now I'm averaging 23-ish. Depends on how I drive. I do a good bit of stop and go mixed with highway. Once it warms up my MPG should pick back up. It always does. I dunno what the deal with my cars is. My truck was like that, same with my Camaro.
      I've done several NH to NY round trips @~450 miles and say avging 70mph and on paper using my gas receipt...i had gotten 28 to 30mpg. I am glad the car is a decent road trip car. 3400Lbs, turbo I5, (quasi)AWD and still musters 450miles in one tank and 30mpg with some liberal 70ish mph Turnpike driving...I'm happy with it. Otherwise during the work week...15ish miles one way and 50mph and below normal driving i get 275-350 miles/tank.

Ready? drumroll please........ OEM/Sachs. Kills me that Bilstein has no rear shock for the AWD but I have made up my mind and sticking to shock/spring comb for the S60. Will be using all new HD mounts, HD Spring Seats, HD endlinks, IPD Sways, new control arms, ball joints, tie rods, etc...the whole kit and kaboodle for a fresh slate.
      HAHAHA....sounds like me when I was going through finding supension pieces..."FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY ARE THERE ONLY FRONT SHOCKS BUT NO REARS!?!?' or "WHY ARE THE ALL FWD ONLY KITS?!?!"

I didnt want to mis match OEM and aftermarket shocks...so I bit that bullet and went all the way for the KWs
      2007 S60 2.5T AWD GT Black Sapphire (Sport, Premium, and Cold weather Packages)
      Eurosport Tuning | Brembo | Hawk HPS | Takspeed | KW | IPD | QBM | Dunlop | Team Dynamics Motorsports | UltraRacing | Prosport | Carbonfiberwerks | Unorthodox Racing | PIAA | ProClip | German Castrol | Mobil 1 | Rain-X

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 137 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast