What did you do with your s60 today? - Page 133
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 133 of 135 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast
    Results 4,621 to 4,655 of 4724
      That looks good, oceans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 S60 T5 M66 Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s (summer)/Orpheus 17s (winter), H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, R Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, SS brake lines, IPD HD front/rear end links, H&R spacers: 10F/15R, IPD HD TCV, extended wheel lug conversion, muffler delete, tint

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Oceans60R View Post
      Finally got the correct front lip painted and installed today.
      Definitely looks better now.

That's a lot like mine!

Added a used R Design Steering wheel from a XC90 and a Matching new shift knob with perforated leather.
      Both feel really good with the nod to the new leather on the knob.
      In case anyone wants to know the part number for the knob is 31256390

2006 S60 T5 Mystic Silver/Off Black Sport, Factory Body Kit, 18" BBS's, Hilton Stage 2.5, 11 Blade, IPD Intercooler, Green Injectors, OBX 3" DP, Elevate 3" Exhaust, IPD Sways, H&R Springs, R Gauges, Burnouts @45mph
      2008 V8 Sport Passion/Off Black Thai Leather

REALLY like the steering wheel. I'll have to keep that in mind for an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mylesph1 View Post
      REALLY like the steering wheel. I'll have to keep that in mind for an upgrade
      Thanks. After I test drove a XC90 V8 Sport, I really wanted that style steering wheel. Found a R-Design example and went with that. Its thicker than the S60 wheel which is more comfortable for my XL hands.
      2006 S60 T5 Mystic Silver/Off Black Sport, Factory Body Kit, 18" BBS's, Hilton Stage 2.5, 11 Blade, IPD Intercooler, Green Injectors, OBX 3" DP, Elevate 3" Exhaust, IPD Sways, H&R Springs, R Gauges, Burnouts @45mph
      2008 V8 Sport Passion/Off Black Thai Leather

My plan for today

Eibach pro kit springs and Sachs gas shock absorbers

VW Golf II - 1995-2000
      Audi 80 B4 - 2000-2003
      Suzuki Swift GTi - 2003-2008
      Audi A6 C4 - 2008-2014
      Volvo S60 D5 - 2014 and continue

What did you do with your s60 today?

There is an R steering wheel at a junkyard here if anyone wants it.

I put in my Stoptech Street Performance pads in the R calipers. Way better stopping power. Also, bleed the brakes of the old fluid and put in all new Pentosin Super Dot 4 brake fluid.

Tested my summer wheels. These extended bolts wont work due to the size of the head being too small. Will do a lug conversion soon.

Last edited by Shamak; 03-05-2017 at 09:07 AM.
      2007 S60 T5 M66 Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s (summer)/Orpheus 17s (winter), H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, R Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, SS brake lines, IPD HD front/rear end links, H&R spacers: 10F/15R, IPD HD TCV, extended wheel lug conversion, muffler delete, tint

Looks sharp Shamak! 👍

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
      2004 S60 2.5T - Stock for now...

New Rear brakes (pads and rotors) installed yesterday finally! It was from my MaxBrakes kit that I had installed the fronts a couple months ago. Finally able to get around the rears after the pad on one had finally gotten down to the metal. The old rotors were a real PITA to remove though as they were hung up by a lip that formed inside of the "drum" area where the parking brakes are. Fortunately I didn't have to pry out anything, and was able to get both rotors loose by going at the real hard with a rubber mallet until they broke free from their death grip. All parking brake components were in good shape, shoes were in tact, solid and plentiful so I didn't replace any components there even though I had the hardware kit and new shoes on hand. All new components installed without a hitch, and I made sure to apply some anti-seize to the hub where the rotor hat touches, and then of course cleaned and re-lubricated the slide pins and lubricated all brake pad backing contact points. Took it out for a drive and to bed them in and gave the fronts quite a workout in the process, lol! Maybe when I bleed the brakes and change out the lines for new ones that I have, then I'll consider changing out the parking brake components.

But Matt! you were right there with the drum/rotors off and had the parts in hand!! Were you in a hurry or something?I made that same mistake on my V70 because the shoes looked almost new and a year later the brake linings on the shoes just fell apart.In fact,it was a hard to diagnose slight rumble when the car was coming to a stop and the trans downshifted 2/1.I thought I had a Torque converter clutch that was not dis-engaging.It was those damn brake shoes.Yikes!!!

I was in a little hurry. And the main spring is quite tight. Any suggestions for removing it?
      Oh, and drums aren't nearly as scary or complicated as I had previously thought!

Today I'm selling it to a new owner. That was the last thing I could do for her.. 😕😪🙁

LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Sorry to hear. What is your next ride?

Probably it will be 2017 Renault Megane Sedan.

LG-D855 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Those look real nice. Why not another 2-3 year old Volvo?

Taxes are really high by engines. I really would love to buy another Volvo but honestly I couldn't find another one in good condition. So I bought that one.

It doesn't have seat heaters. But others all installed. Head up display, Bliss, ACC, Long-Short beam assist, Line Assist, Parking Assist, Front-Back parking sensor, 360° bird view camera, back camera, easy open trunk, keyless entry push start system, seat memory with massage function, all security accessories, pure vision led headlights, 5 colours ambient lighting, 5 different driving options, auto folding mirrors, 8.7" multimedia system with navigation and Bluetooth, isofix, sunroof, dark windows, led daylight etc. I think everything installed to have fun with except high performance engine.
      But diesel engine has up to 1.000 km range.
      Anyway I'm still looking for another 2.4 T5. If I find I'll buy again. I'll keep in touch guys.
      Last edited by livevalue; 03-08-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by livevalue View Post
      Taxes are really high by engines. I really would love to buy another Volvo but honestly I couldn't find another one in good condition. So I bought that one.

It doesn't have seat heaters. But others all installed. Head up display, Bliss, ACC, Long-Short beam assist, Line Assist, Parking Assist, Front-Back parking sensor, 360° bird view camera, back camera, easy open trunk, keyless entry push start system, seat memory with massage function, all security accessories, pure vision led headlights, 5 colours ambient lighting, 5 different driving options, auto folding mirrors, 8.7" multimedia system with navigation and Bluetooth, isofix, sunroof, dark windows, led daylight etc. I think everything installed to have fun with except high performance engine.
      But diesel engine has up to 1.000 km range.
      Anyway I'm still looking for another 2.4 T5. If I find I'll buy again. I'll keep in touch guys.
      http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c03c90...images-11.jpg?
      http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c03c8a...images-12.jpg?
      http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c03c6f...images-11.jpg?
      http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c03c44...images-20.jpg?
      http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c03c77...images-13.jpg?

That is a SWEET ride right there, your new Megane!!

Last night I got play around a bit more with my DiCE unit and VIDA and got the DRLs turned off and the transmission fluid counter reset among a couple other things. I really like VIDA A LOT!! Initially when I plugged it in last night it wasn't working. The DiCE unit was powering on, functioning and being recognized by my laptop as seen in the device manager. Even the DiCE Diagnostic app was seeing it just fine and was able to communicate, but VIDA was not seeing my DiCE unit and thus the diagnostic tab would not work or was even clickable.. I had a hunch, so I checked all of my Windows updates and saw that I had installed NETframe Work 4.6.1 last week. Knowing that VIDA is quire NETframe Work dependent but is quite finicky as well, I UNinstalled that update and rebooted and after firing up VIDA again, my DiCE unit was once again seen by VIDA and everything from there was well. I can definitely see how it can be power and battery intensive as while you're moving about the various electronic modules, the ECM/TCM fan will run without the car even being on. It's neat to navigate through VIDA though and see all the parameters that are set and what ones you can alter and all of the different tests and calibrations that can be performed. It also gives a great description of each before you begin them and explanation of what they do and how they work.

Maybe just coincidence, but the car felt more peppy on my commute this morning. I can't imagine that resetting the trans fluid counter would do anything like that though.
      Last edited by Phixion; 03-08-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Way to go, Phixion! You have figured out that Vida unit

Quote Originally Posted by Shamak View Post
      Way to go, Phixion! You have figured out that Vida unit

Thanks!! For the most part I'd say that I have, yeah! Just having that sort of control over the car at your fingertips is a little disconcerting at first, but it was fun to poke and surf around inside VIDA. Next up, getting a subscription and downloading module updates to it!

If the SoCal folks ever wind up doing a canyon run, I'll buy you in n out to disable the DRL's

Of course, I'm not doing a canyon run until I get the brakes right, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by mylesph1 View Post
      If the SoCal folks ever wind up doing a canyon run, I'll buy you in n out to disable the DRL's

Of course, I'm not doing a canyon run until I get the brakes right, lol...
      LOL, I LOVE me some In N Out, but I won't require any payback to do that. It's nice though having them disabled since I have HIDs. No worry about them double firing when starting the car.

In past two weeks I changed many parts on my S60.

So... first i changed blower fan because old is gone.Then put new subframe bushings with IPD poly inserts

Then i changed central console (pictures in earlier posts)

Then timing belt, water pump and tensioner.

Finaly i changed complete front brakes, shock absorbers and springs, steering rack and engine oil and all filters.

Small collaterale damage...

Then I make wheels aligning
      https://s3.postimg.org/6g081fg4j/P_20170311_070746.jpg

same time with BMW M3 :-)

So this was before...

And after...

Summary: better handling, much better feeling on steering wheel, much better grip on road etc etc.. I hope i`m done with big things for at least 2 years.
      VW Golf II - 1995-2000
      Audi 80 B4 - 2000-2003
      Suzuki Swift GTi - 2003-2008
      Audi A6 C4 - 2008-2014
      Volvo S60 D5 - 2014 and continue

I'd say! Quite the effort there. Great job!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mario2hr View Post
      In past two weeks...Summary: better handling, much better feeling on steering wheel, much better grip on road etc etc.. I hope i`m done with big things for at least 2 years.
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Silver S60 with Tethys wheels. Need to replace a center cap that a tire place forgot to put back on before I got home and realized it a day later. I want ones with the iron mark logo anyways. Should I go with a black background one or metallic gray like the newer ones? Not sure if gray would look bad?

Came in on my day off and got some fresh pads and rotors on the Swede today as well as some TechnaFit SS lines all round. Nothing fancy for the rotors/pads just some advance auto crap. No idea if the larger rotor variants would have this problem but on the 286mm front rotors, the inside of the hat rubs on the dust shields. Or at least on mine they did. Not sure if this is a widespread problem or if I just got a set with some extra meat on them lol. A little massaging with a flat head and a hammer fixed her all up. Did a brake flush as well while I was at it.

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk
      02 S60 N/A - 244k | Rear-Ended - Deceased...
      04 S60 2.5T - 187K | Stage 0, 16T, Blues, Hilton Stage 3, Cat-less Downpipe, Wideband + Boost Gauge, Heavy Right Foot.

Amazon shipped me my stuff. Volvo genuine filters and the canister tool. Did an oil change with super spcheap synthetic. Can't believe how cheap Walmart is. Seems like my plastic undershield is torn so I'll need to replace. The Indy didn't replace the one on the XC. Ugh. Now I need two...maybe it's time for the metal IPD ones?
      My initials - IPD - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      Now: 2007 vRgt, red & gobi - 2005 s60 2.5t AWD, silver & tan - 2002 xc70, silver & black
      Past: 1999 v70, tropic blue/green & oak and Mom started this in 1975 with a 1974 164e, maroon & maroon

Those Ipd splash pans are really nice considering you don't have to remove them to change the oil. We have one on the S70, I need to get one for my car too.
      David - '01 S60 T5 GT 177K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sport + TME, ipd sway bar + endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot /Akebono pads, Snabb Intake, HD coils, iMIV Original engine, transmission replaced at 79k miles
      Wife -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 160K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6 Backup car -'13 S60 T5

Started on my timing belt but of course things didn't go as planned. One of the crank pulley bolts wouldn't come out. I ended up rounding off the bolt. So upset. I thought I could get this done tonight. PB blasted the thing but no dice. I may have to get one of those ratchet sets that pulls stripped bolts. It's always something.

Man, that sucks! Too late now but the best thing for those or any tough bolts for that matter, is an impact wrench. I've never rounded a bolt head with the impact gun but I've rounded my share with hand tools.

Never tried them myself but I hear easy outs work well for bolt extraction.

Why were you removing the crank pulley to do the t-belt? Are you changing the crank seal too?

Never mind the last two questions. Last time I did mine was a few years ago and I did replace all the seals but I forgot that it's so tight in there you have to remove it anyway.
      Last edited by T501; 03-21-2017 at 12:19 AM.
      David - '01 S60 T5 GT 177K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sport + TME, ipd sway bar + endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot /Akebono pads, Snabb Intake, HD coils, iMIV Original engine, transmission replaced at 79k miles
      Wife -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 160K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6 Backup car -'13 S60 T5

The Summer tyre set is prepared for the good weather: new tyres, excellent condition used alloy wheels.

2001 VOLVO S60 2.0t A/T L5 230K miles
      1998 SAAB 9-5 2.0t M/T L4 ​281K miles retired
      1971 VW 1302 L 1.3 BOXER4 retired

T501: No, removing that seems to be what a bunch of videos show. They remove it to make sure its lined up at the bottom. If I dont have to remove it I would be stoked. I was using an impact wrench but somehow stripped it. So, how do I do it without removing the crank pulley? Do you just check the lower marks from the top?

Last edited by Shamak; 03-21-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Sorry to hear about that, Shamak! That's my fear as well when I do mine real soon here!

I concur that most videos I've watched also show the crank pulley being removed, though I've heard from a couple people that it can be done WITHOUT removing the crank pulley, though removing it does make the job easier, at least in terms of the belt. Man, I probably really need an air impact wrench when I do mine... I have one of those 24v 170lbs. rated cordless impact wrench, but not sure if that's capable of something like the crank pulley bolts.

So, I was able to install the belt without removing the crank pulley. So, I slept well last night. But it wasnt easy installing the TB due to the tension being so tight. It was hard to install w/o moving the VVTs. I finally got the belt on but had to run to work. Hoping after checking and running I don't have any codes. Now onto the serpentine belt.

Edit: Update- So, I put everything back together and it runs like a Swiss timepiece. Went from frustrated at trying to get the crank pulley off to just leaving it and maneuvering the belt on. Was a bugger to get it lined up right but after turning it a few times it looked fine. Now it has a Gates racing kevlar belt and a Conti serpentine belt.

Thanks for the help guys!

Next: Lug conversion... Already ordered.
      Last edited by Shamak; 03-21-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Great work! Glad it's up and running again!

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 133 of 135 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast