SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What did you do with your s60 today?

1M views 7K replies 427 participants last post by  chefricky 
#1 · (Edited)

Decided to paint my amaltheas semi-gloss white

success!

See less See more
#5 ·
Spent the day going over bills and my money situation for mods. Need Eibachs, HD strut mounts, Bilstein sports, Downpipe, HD TCV, Boost Gauge and Stage 2 Tune.
Good thing EST has an exhaust sale till april 30th, and Ipd sale is in late may I think.

#20 ·
WOW i do about 300-350 miles Pre week commute its all Highway 65-80mph and have never seen over 22. Most of the time its at 21mpg. Thats great mileage wish i got that. LOL

#9 ·
ordered my limited slip diff, spec clutch, and solid flywheel today!

#15 ·
I replaced my front Fogs today with new ones from FCP. I have had then sitting in my back seat for a month.Weather here in Boston has been awful to say the least. But now nice new clean looking lights. Just need to get a few nice days that land on a weekend to do some other things that i have been putting Off. IPD CBV being one of them. Then need to replace the shock/struts and put on some Eibach springs. The pot holes here made my aging suspension just fall apart. Better weather is coming thank God.

#33 ·
Then need to replace the shock/struts and put on some Eibach springs. The pot holes here made my aging suspension just fall apart. Better weather is coming thank God.
I need to do this badly. Roads here in Minnesota are terrible. Bent two rims this winter as well on non-avoidable craters in the middle of the highway. My shocks/struts were on their way out when I bought the car a couple years ago at 117k. It's now at 138k and the roads this winter were the nail in the coffin to what I'm pretty sure is the original suspension. I'm hoping my springs are ok, though. With that said, having two bent rims and trashed suspension, the car isn't exactly a joy to drive at the moment.

Ordered the OEM (Sachs) struts/shocks through IPD. With new wheels coming in a month, I need to cut back spending on some things. Also ordered IPD's HD spring seats. Still need to get some rear strut mounts when they restock in a week. This winter is really taking it's toll on my car....

#21 ·
When I first got my car it was around 26-27mpg on average. Now I'm averaging 23-ish. Depends on how I drive. I do a good bit of stop and go mixed with highway. Once it warms up my MPG should pick back up. It always does. I dunno what the deal with my cars is. My truck was like that, same with my Camaro.

#35 ·
I've done several NH to NY round trips @~450 miles and say avging 70mph and on paper using my gas receipt...i had gotten 28 to 30mpg. I am glad the car is a decent road trip car. 3400Lbs, turbo I5, (quasi)AWD and still musters 450miles in one tank and 30mpg with some liberal 70ish mph Turnpike driving...I'm happy with it. Otherwise during the work week...15ish miles one way and 50mph and below normal driving i get 275-350 miles/tank.

Ready? drumroll please........ OEM/Sachs. Kills me that Bilstein has no rear shock for the AWD but I have made up my mind and sticking to shock/spring comb for the S60. Will be using all new HD mounts, HD Spring Seats, HD endlinks, IPD Sways, new control arms, ball joints, tie rods, etc...the whole kit and kaboodle for a fresh slate.
HAHAHA....sounds like me when I was going through finding supension pieces..."FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY ARE THERE ONLY FRONT SHOCKS BUT NO REARS!?!?' or "WHY ARE THE ALL FWD ONLY KITS?!?!"

I didnt want to mis match OEM and aftermarket shocks...so I bit that bullet and went all the way for the KWs

#22 ·
Did my trims today as well.

#24 ·
Does this answer your question?

#25 · (Edited)
Does this answer your question?
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa394/board486/9252f399.jpg?t=1299557605[][/QUOTE]

Did you swap clusters with an R? ¬_¬

What I did today.

Got parts from Tasca and CF Werks. Replaced Cubby with Cup holder (Wont use it much but looks better IMO) CFWerks HU Trim rings, S60 Aluminum Mesh door and glove box trim. (Looks better in person and in natural light. it's a dark gunmetal gray. accents the bright alum handles and lock pins well.) Alsonote to self make sure all plugs in for climate control areplugged in and ALL THE WAY in before hooking battery up again. I threw a SRS message which dealer is going to have to remove. =[

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p225/ego_trip_2007/P1010487.jpg

#31 ·
SRS can not be cleared by resetting via battery or common OBD 2 scanners. It must be cleared through VIDA or Volvo specific diagnostic tool like RICA iSoftloader, IPD Softloader, PPC Diagnostics, etc... Good excuse to buy a tune IMO.

To stay on topic, UPS just dropped off my Bilstein Sport front shocks today.

#37 ·
Just paid $3.81 for shell v power in cleveland ohio

#38 ·
Yeah $3.80 for premium today in NJ, plus it's all garbagey ethanol laced fuel these days.

I drove to a music festival in Tennessee a few times and you can get much better mileage in the flats, over 500 a tank easy at 80mph. I think the hills and traffic have a lot to do with mileage in NJ, Rt 80 is like a warzone.

Nice drive: