What did you do with your s60 today? - Page 136
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 132 133 134 135 136 137 LastLast
    Results 4,726 to 4,760 of 4785
      Quote Originally Posted by Shamak View Post
      Finally got the car to be emissions ready. Got pulled over on my way to get emissions done. Deputy was super cool and just ran my license. Also, glad he didn't make an issue of my tint.

Last ticket (reckless) I got was for going extremely fast (wont say how fast) in my E30 and that was in 2002. So, I'm sure a clean record helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You got lucky, that's good though!! When I had the smog issues with my Honda due to the whole fuse and ECU memory thing, I got pulled over AND issued a ticket by a brand new rookie CHP officer that had zero interest in my completed passed smog test paperwork while ON MY WAY to get my registration finally renewed (expired tags were my car's giveaway). Fortunately it was only a fix-it- ticket, but still cost me $25 no less.
      2004 S60 2.5T - Stock for now...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Phixion View Post
      Good call! Always good to take advantage and do what you can while things are apart. What axle are you replacing the blown one with?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
      Just an oe one, the carrier bearing popped off and the axle slid out of the transmission stripping the splines on the axle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce Anderson View Post
      Just an oe one, the carrier bearing popped off and the axle slid out of the transmission stripping the splines on the axle.

Damn. First I've heard of that happening.
      David - '01 S60 T5 GT 177K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sport + TME, ipd sway bar + endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot /Akebono pads, Snabb Intake, HD coils, iMIV Original engine, transmission replaced at 79k miles
      Wife -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 160K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6 Backup car -'13 S60 T5

Cool

Added some spacers, to remedy 2 minor issues. The tires were rubbing on the inner wheel well and to my opinion the wheels were too far inside.

So added 15mm spacers in the front (no more rubbing) and 20mm spacers in the back. This makes the wheels just about flush with the wheel well edge:

Before

After:

Time for a clean up and foto shoot soon (but first some maintenance)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce Anderson View Post

Holy crap, that can happen!?

Glad to hear that only the axle itself was damaged and nothing else!!

Holy crap, that can happen!?

Glad to hear that only the axle itself was damaged and nothing else!!
      Yeah I guess here's pictures of the heat transfer is saw on the axle, was pouring down rain and only having one axle meant I had no park and my e brake isn't adjusted and I stopped on a hill. So I had to hold the brake pedal until my buddy came to flat tow me home.

Did a few things this week. Finally installed the 11 Blade Billet compressor wheel I bought a year ago. While I was there I went ahead and also installed a SNABB intake. All went well. Also has Rob at https://hiltontuning.com/ give Shel Silverstein a retune. Punched the boost up to 20-21psi. Also added the 04-05 R Aluminum charge pipe. That was a little tricky getting the cut right and using a grinder to create a "lip" so the hose won't blow off. Because the 04-05 R turbo compressor housing is a little different than my 06, the stock mounting points to attach the pipe do not line up. I was able to mod one of the pipe mounts to attach to a coil cover bolt hole. Seems to be working, no blowoffs and pipe has very limited movement, which is what I wanted. Don't know why but I really dig the Aluminum pipe vs the plastic. 11 Blade definitely moved my torque curve to a higher rpm. I get much less wheel spin than I had before but over 3500rpm this thing rips like never before. Even before the retune with just the 11 blade and my older 2.5 tune it was a noticeable improvement in the upper rpm's. With the added boost of the retune it just makes me smile. Maybe a Hybrid Turbo is next with some larger injectors and MAF Upgrade, who knows.

2006 S60 T5 Mystic Silver/Off Black Sport, Factory Body Kit, 18" BBS's, Hilton Stage 2.5, 11 Blade, IPD Intercooler, Green Injectors, OBX 3" DP, Elevate 3" Exhaust, IPD Sways, H&R Springs, R Gauges, Burnouts @45mph
      2008 V8 Sport Passion/Off Black Thai Leather

How easy is the compressor wheel install? Does it require removing the entire turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by ed-oorklep View Post
      Added some spacers, to remedy 2 minor issues. The tires were rubbing on the inner wheel well and to my opinion the wheels were too far inside.

So added 15mm spacers in the front (no more rubbing) and 20mm spacers in the back. This makes the wheels just about flush with the wheel well edge:
      It's crazy how much of a difference these cars look with a bit of stance. Even non-car friends of mine comment on it. So, it looks good Ed.
      2007 S60 T5 M66 Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s (summer)/Orpheus 17s (winter), H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, R Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, SS brake lines, IPD HD front/rear end links, H&R spacers: 10F/15R, IPD HD TCV, extended wheel lug conversion, muffler delete, tint

I concur! I really need to get some for mine. Just a matter of how to go, 10/15 I'm thinking. What size do most here tend to go with?

Well I didn't actually do anything with mine today, yet. But yesterday I ordered a new VDO mechanical 20psi body gauge. I needed a new tubing kit since the tube I ran on the cheap SunPro (same exact gauge as the Bosch one) was toast as it had kinked in various places when I installed the line initially. Today I went to a local chain shop a few blocks from me called Hose-Man who sells almost every type of hose or tubing and connector you'd ever want. You can even bring them your brake lines and they will make you exact copy custom S/S lines for you for a bit cheaper than a set of Goodridge or Earl's lines. Anyways, I went a half hour before they close at noon time and wasn't helped until a few minutes after due to sunrise that came in with a huge order. So they cut me the 10 feet of 1/8" tubing I came in for and didn't even charge me since it shoulder grabbed only been a few $$ anyways. It's perfect since its black and not clear, and it's much more pliable so will bend easier without kinking fortunately. Score!!

Ended up being one of those days...
      Not sure how I'm going to pass smog right now.

The car recently had engine swap 05 S60 2.4 non turbo. Mechanic forgot to plug in coolant sensor from firewall to reservoir so I had a Low Coolant message in car for last few weeks. This week I tried figuring it out which is when Oceans60R pointed out to me what this cable was for and when I plugged it in my problems were solved.
      Now to the next, maybe 3 days ago all the sudden I had a Service Reminder on dash. I tried clearing it manually but couldn't do it, decided to run the obd2 and saw a code for P0420 which is Cat related -.-" after the car is on for maybe 3 minutes of driving the light goes away? But the damn light comes on EVERY time now I start the car. No CEL just the notification in message that's all. Sense I did read the code I decided to try to clear it, drive car roughly 20 miles and decided to try the smog because it is due in a few days. It got rejected, all 3 things were emission related. He said it didn't fail, but rejected; suggested I continued to drive more and let it sit during night. I used my OBD2 dongle snd DashCommand app and it again does verify that the modules to read the information in the car haven't been properly been reset (? I believe ?) so I dunno... tomorrow I'll put some miles on her maybe another 60? And then go to smog... I honestly don't think I have a problem to actually fall smog I think it's just this stupid light getting me stuck in a trap? Any ideas?

A Swede living in Las Vegas Nv

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      -Below are Volvos in the family-
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

How easy is the compressor wheel install? Does it require removing the entire turbo?
      I left the turbo on the engine. Removed the intake pipe, wastegate actuator and compressor housing (5 bolts). Unbolted downpipe. Held exhaust side of turbine with a 13mm socket, removed compressor wheel nut 10mm (REVERSE THREADS don't forget). The wheel does not just slide off easy. I had to put some effort in it to just get it to spin a little and then basically would rotate while pulling at the same time until to came off. New one also had to be rotated while applying pressure to get it all the way on the shaft. Be sure to mark your compressor housing to line back up with the center cartridge. I had marked mine in a few places but when I shot the housing with brake clean, my marks disappeared. Next time I would just scribe it with a pocket screwdriver so it won't disappear. Care must be taken putting the compressor housing back on as there is a large o-ring on the outside of compressor side (I use a light coating of silicone paste such as Sil-Glyde on the o-ring)of the cartridge and you don't want the housing to bend any of the blades or you will need to start over with a new wheel. It took me about 3 hours and I had never done this before but I also have a full lift and it was up and down a few times. I was prepared not to drive the car home that night but everything went well and I was able to drive it.
      2006 S60 T5 Mystic Silver/Off Black Sport, Factory Body Kit, 18" BBS's, Hilton Stage 2.5, 11 Blade, IPD Intercooler, Green Injectors, OBX 3" DP, Elevate 3" Exhaust, IPD Sways, H&R Springs, R Gauges, Burnouts @45mph
      2008 V8 Sport Passion/Off Black Thai Leather

That doesn't sound so bad, especially for a first time. Did you follow a write-up up for it? Your instructions are pretty straight forward. My understanding is that you can check cartridge play by just removing the intake hose from the compressor? Anything particular make you replace your wheel, or is it an upgrade from the stock one?

Quote Originally Posted by AcidAlchamy View Post

Ended up being one of those days...
      Not sure how I'm going to pass smog right now.

The car recently had engine swap 05 S60 2.4 non turbo. Mechanic forgot to plug in coolant sensor from firewall to reservoir so I had a Low Coolant message in car for last few weeks. This week I tried figuring it out which is when Oceans60R pointed out to me what this cable was for and when I plugged it in my problems were solved.
      Now to the next, maybe 3 days ago all the sudden I had a Service Reminder on dash. I tried clearing it manually but couldn't do it, decided to run the obd2 and saw a code for P0420 which is Cat related -.-" after the car is on for maybe 3 minutes of driving the light goes away? But the damn light comes on EVERY time now I start the car. No CEL just the notification in message that's all. Sense I did read the code I decided to try to clear it, drive car roughly 20 miles and decided to try the smog because it is due in a few days. It got rejected, all 3 things were emission related. He said it didn't fail, but rejected; suggested I continued to drive more and let it sit during night. I used my OBD2 dongle snd DashCommand app and it again does verify that the modules to read the information in the car haven't been properly been reset (? I believe ?) so I dunno... tomorrow I'll put some miles on her maybe another 60? And then go to smog... I honestly don't think I have a problem to actually fall smog I think it's just this stupid light getting me stuck in a trap? Any ideas?

A Swede living in Las Vegas Nv

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R
      Just went through something similar. If it didn't fail it means it is "incomplete" and you have not gone through a proper driving cycle. Volvo recommends that in order to make your car emissions "ready" you need to complete a driving cycle with certain types of driving. Here is what they recommend to do so: increase speed to 40 mph; drive 50 mph for 20 min; idle for 5 min. (with AC off); increase speed to 40 mph; drive 50 mph for 20 min; idle for 5 min. (with AC off). You may have to do this twice.

Worked for me.
      2007 S60 T5 M66 Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s (summer)/Orpheus 17s (winter), H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks/struts, R Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, SS brake lines, IPD HD front/rear end links, H&R spacers: 10F/15R, IPD HD TCV, extended wheel lug conversion, muffler delete, tint

It's crazy how much of a difference these cars look with a bit of stance. Even non-car friends of mine comment on it. So, it looks good Ed.
      I concur! I really need to get some for mine. Just a matter of how to go, 10/15 I'm thinking. What size do most here tend to go with?

Well I didn't actually do anything with mine today, yet. But yesterday I ordered a new VDO mechanical 20psi body gauge. I needed a new tubing kit since the tube I ran on the cheap SunPro (same exact gauge as the Bosch one) was toast as it had kinked in various places when I installed the line initially. Today I went to a local chain shop a few blocks from me called Hose-Man who sells almost every type of hose or tubing and connector you'd ever want. You can even bring them your brake lines and they will make you exact copy custom S/S lines for you for a bit cheaper than a set of Goodridge or Earl's lines. Anyways, I went a half hour before they close at noon time and wasn't helped until a few minutes after due to sunrise that came in with a huge order. So they cut me the 10 feet of 1/8" tubing I came in for and didn't even charge me since it shoulder grabbed only been a few $$ anyways. It's perfect since its black and not clear, and it's much more pliable so will bend easier without kinking fortunately. Score!!

Yeh it looks great. mine is 15mm in the front and 20mm in the back, but that is also dependent on the ET value of your wheels. What I did to get it right was get a level and set it against the arch edge and then measure how much mm I needed to get the wheels flush with it. Then I ordered the spacers which were closest to that value (I believe I measured 14mm up front and 19 at the back).

Ed, that's kinda how I did it, too. Used a level when figuring out my spacers.

Just went through something similar. If it didn't fail it means it is "incomplete" and you have not gone through a proper driving cycle. Volvo recommends that in order to make your car emissions "ready" you need to complete a driving cycle with certain types of driving. Here is what they recommend to do so: increase speed to 40 mph; drive 50 mph for 20 min; idle for 5 min. (with AC off); increase speed to 40 mph; drive 50 mph for 20 min; idle for 5 min. (with AC off). You may have to do this twice.

Worked for me.
      This totally worked for me as well. After driving another 30+ miles on it at the speeds you mentioned one fault fell off and then I was down to two, managed to clear my service light and now I'm down to one incomplete readiness which is allowed. So hopefully if all goes well I'll be passing smog tomorrow; thanks for all the advice and help. Driving for a hour was way better then trying to dump money at the problem

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

Glad to hear that Shamak's advice worked for you, and that he could provide it. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

I forget which thread it is in here, but I had a similar problem back when I owned a Honda, that plagued me for 2 months! Turned out to be a blown fuse to the ECU memory which ties into the radio circuit as well. Known issue were that fuse blows once an aftermarket H/U is installed, which I did that many years previous. Made sense why it was never "ready" when I'd go into the smog facility since you generally turn off the car to go inside. Everytime the car was turned off, the ECU was effectively reset. What a PITA that was for such a simple issue that the local Honda dealership refused to tell me about until I personally flagged down their in house smog tech which told me about that much known issue.

Glad to hear that Shamak's advice worked for you, and that he could provide it. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

I forget which thread it is in here, but I had a similar problem back when I owned a Honda, that plagued me for 2 months! Turned out to be a blown fuse to the ECU memory which ties into the radio circuit as well. Known issue were that fuse blows once an aftermarket H/U is installed, which I did that many years previous. Made sense why it was never "ready" when I'd go into the smog facility since you generally turn off the car to go inside. Everytime the car was turned off, the ECU was effectively reset. What a PITA that was for such a simple issue that the local Honda dealership refused to tell me about until I personally flagged down their in house smog tech which told me about that much known issue.

Good info, maybe I'll pop some fuses out and make sure everything is as it should be. But for sure in the morning I'll let you guys know how it all went. Thanks again guys

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

I don't think our cars are the same way, but possibly so. As long as it stays ready tomorrow, then a fuse isn't the issue, the ECU was just simply reset which resets the readiness as well.

I don't think our cars are the same way, but possibly so. As long as it stays ready tomorrow, then a fuse isn't the issue, the ECU was just simply reset which resets the readiness as well.

Yeah but I should've been checking these fuses anyway. For some reason my windows like to auto roll down if toggled to full auto roll up, almost like theirs a fault and for emergency reasons it rolls them down. If I toggle to roll it up all the way it'll roll all the way up every time; just doesn't work right with full auto roll up. So I should be checking these fuses anyway to make sure I'm good. I'm really hoping car stays good till the morning haha

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

Let us know!
      I'm willing to bet that VIDA could pinpoint the windows issue and what's causing it. It'll tell you just about any fault going on, even things that you had no idea. For example I replaced all of my interior and trunk lighting with LED bulbs. That caused the CEM to generate a serious fault thinking that there's a general interior lighting malfunction due to the reduced power draw of the LEDs, lol. But only VIDA will tell you things like that.

Let us know!
      I'm willing to bet that VIDA could pinpoint the windows issue and what's causing it. It'll tell you just about any fault going on, even things that you had no idea. For example I replaced all of my interior and trunk lighting with LED bulbs. That caused the CEM to generate a serious fault thinking that there's a general interior lighting malfunction due to the reduced power draw of the LEDs, lol. But only VIDA will tell you things like that.

Without me using google, educate me please in what VIDA is, where I can buy this, and how much it costs (sounds like something worth owning?)

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

Without me using google, educate me please in what VIDA is, where I can buy this, and how much it costs (sounds like something worth owning?)

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R
      It absolutely is worth owning. VIDA is the special diagnostic software that Volvo (and the dealerships) use on the cars by way of a device called DiCE which is the interface between the car and VIDA. VIDA contains everything from parts sheets to the actual service shop manual and can also change parameters of the car like turn off the DRLs or activate fog lights on models that didn't originally have them. It can also download and update the software to each of the car's modules and can reset things like the SRS module should a fault develop. It can also perform tasks like reset the transmission fluid counter, or put the transmission into adaptive mode or recalibrate the ventilation motors and settings. DiCE clone units can be found on eBay and Amazon as well as Aliexpress. I got mine on Amazon for only $89 shipped! And it works perfectly! Almost any you find should include a DVD with VIDA on it that you install onto a Windows 7 Pro running PC. System requirements are extremely specific. I bought a used laptop just to run VIDA and my DiCE unit on. Best investment I've made for the car though. The current VIDA version shipped with the DiCE clone units is 2014D which works on ALL models through model year 2014.

It absolutely is worth owning. VIDA is the special diagnostic software that Volvo (and the dealerships) use on the cars by way of a device called DiCE which is the interface between the car and VIDA. VIDA contains everything from parts sheets to the actual service shop manual and can also change parameters of the car like turn off the DRLs or activate fog lights on models that didn't originally have them. It can also download and update the software to each of the car's modules and can reset things like the SRS module should a fault develop. It can also perform tasks like reset the transmission fluid counter, or put the transmission into adaptive mode or recalibrate the ventilation motors and settings. DiCE clone units can be found on eBay and Amazon as well as Aliexpress. I got mine on Amazon for only $89 shipped! And it works perfectly! Almost any you find should include a DVD with VIDA on it that you install onto a Windows 7 Pro running PC. System requirements are extremely specific. I bought a used laptop just to run VIDA and my DiCE unit on. Best investment I've made for the car though. The current VIDA version shipped with the DiCE clone units is 2014D which works on ALL models through model year 2014.

Very interesting! I have a 2015 Volvo, any knowledge if any device also covers these years as well? If you wouldn't mind link me to the one you specifically got. Maybe I'll compare yours to a newer one; if the one you got suffices I wouldn't mind getting the identical one just so I know someone else can help me out if I need directions with the device and software. A lot of good information being tossed around today.

Guess I'll be shopping for some new car toys now

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

What did you do with your s60 today?

Let's see what happens !

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R
      Last edited by AcidAlchamy; 05-06-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Very interesting! I have a 2015 Volvo, any knowledge if any device also covers these years as well? If you wouldn't mind link me to the one you specifically got. Maybe I'll compare yours to a newer one; if the one you got suffices I wouldn't mind getting the identical one just so I know someone else can help me out if I need directions with the device and software. A lot of good information being tossed around today.

Guess I'll be shopping for some new car toys now
      Here's the one that I got. Make sure it's from seller "STORM STORE"

Before ordering it, I'd highly recommend checking out this forum here on Swedespeed which is where any VIDA/DiCE related info and questions would be found. Great plethora of info there.

Just as a basic... VIDA system requirements are Windows 7 Pro (not home, or enterprise or premium) preferably in 64-bit format, 4gb of RAM minimum, Internet Explorer 8 or higher, and at least 40gb of free hard drive space.

Im happy it worked

got rid of the resonator and replaced it with a straight pipe and kept the stock muffler, sounds a bit louder on a cold start up but sounds the same as before under 3.5k rpm (which is what I wanted) but above that it sounds perfect, i'll post a video later since its raining right now

Here's the one that I got. Make sure it's from seller "STORM STORE"

Before ordering it, I'd highly recommend checking out this forum here on Swedespeed which is where any VIDA/DiCE related info and questions would be found. Great plethora of info there.

Just as a basic... VIDA system requirements are Windows 7 Pro (not home, or enterprise or premium) preferably in 64-bit format, 4gb of RAM minimum, Internet Explorer 8 or higher, and at least 40gb of free hard drive space.
      Thanks again for all the info. I'll definitely throw this on my million dollar shopping list lol. If my sales go well this month I'll see if I can squeeze this item in as it seems essential (our family has a long line of volvos...)

Sitting at work debating what I want to do next to my car. Got the led license plate lights coming in, error free tail lights, new drivers side headlight coming in(for the new S60). This week I'll be buffing my new car but I might unbolt some stuff and paint some stuff or at least continue cleaning everything up.

Considering painting black parts on my car a nice dark blue (I'm Swedish so yellow and blue means a lot to me; car is a "moon gold" which is a silver goldish color; maybe a nice dark blue would look good? Open to blue color suggestions; might make a thread for this

{} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

This morning... Going to paintball

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6141...0897127945315/
      VW Golf II - 1995-2000
      Audi 80 B4 - 2000-2003
      Suzuki Swift GTi - 2003-2008
      Audi A6 C4 - 2008-2014
      Volvo S60 D5 - 2014 and continue

Cool drive Mario. Every time we go paint-balling something fails. Either no air or the guns are malfunctioning. Hope it was fun.

c3

Willow Beach trip 2.0 w/ Inflatable Raft!
      Bought a 5 person inflatable raft, drove down to Willow Beach in Arizona and enjoyed ourselves out on the water for a bit.

It was fun. 4 hours of real war!!! ;-)
      my car was "accidentaly" shot few times.
      VW Golf II - 1995-2000
      Audi 80 B4 - 2000-2003
      Suzuki Swift GTi - 2003-2008
      Audi A6 C4 - 2008-2014
      Volvo S60 D5 - 2014 and continue

Quote Originally Posted by Mario2hr View Post
      It was fun. 4 hours of real war!!! ;-)
      my car was "accidentaly" shot few times.
      sounds like fun. I havent gone paintballing in probably 10 years lol.
      something i might look into doing again (renting gear this time instead of buying my own lol)
      Last edited by AcidAlchamy; 05-06-2017 at 01:55 PM.

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 132 133 134 135 136 137 LastLast