What did you do with your s60 today? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by stealthS60AWD View Post
      I've done several NH to NY round trips @~450 miles and say avging 70mph and on paper using my gas receipt...i had gotten 28 to 30mpg. I am glad the car is a decent road trip car. 3400Lbs, turbo I5, (quasi)AWD and still musters 450miles in one tank and 30mpg with some liberal 70ish mph Turnpike driving...I'm happy with it. Otherwise during the work week...15ish miles one way and 50mph and below normal driving i get 275-350 miles/tank.
      When I first got the car I was getting awesome mileage. Maybe 475-500 on a tank. When it started getting really cold it when the gas mileage went down. Although I filled it up tonight and the paper showed me 24-ish. Which isn't so bad. I may need to temporarily switch to my truck. The price of 93 octane is going to kill me here soon. It's at $3.70/gal here.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just paid $3.81 for shell v power in cleveland ohio
      05 AWD,16T Turbo,RICA Stage 2,IPD HD CBV,IPD Drop In R Intercooler,IPD HD TCV,IPD HD Coils,Snabb Intake,Eurosport DP/Catback ,Aux Tran Cooler,Sil. Vac Lines/Couplers,IPD R Boost Gauge,Scan Gauge II-Bilstein B8 Struts,Eibach Springs,IPD Sway Bars,UR Front/Rear Upper Braces,IPD HD Tran Mount,IPD Poly SubFrame Bushings,Strut Bar Conv.,DDM Tuning 5K, PIAA Plasma Ion Fogs,LED Interior,Front Sport Lip,18in Enkei RSF5,Cryo Drilled Rotors, and R Brembos.

Yeah $3.80 for premium today in NJ, plus it's all garbagey ethanol laced fuel these days.

I drove to a music festival in Tennessee a few times and you can get much better mileage in the flats, over 500 a tank easy at 80mph. I think the hills and traffic have a lot to do with mileage in NJ, Rt 80 is like a warzone.

Nice drive:
      Our Work Is Never Over.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

$3.43 in Salt Lake
      [2004 S60 2.5T] < SOLD
      2011 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T P+

My Sunday afternoon

BEFORE:

Mid way:

AFTER:

Also got bored and polised the circle on top of the engine and the Turbo heat shield.

[2004 S60 2.5T] < SOLD

Made a trip to a couple recyclers today pick up some parts, also some parts came in the mail

The Parts

Brake Booster ans Axles

I went second hand on the booster and axles because I wanted OEM parts without the sticker shock. I was told they only had 60k on them and are all from an 04. $200.

Driver Seat (including power seat module)

I got the seat because mine didnt feel right, bottom cushion was worn in and it had excess movement (compared to passenger side). Also I couldn't move it while driving (PSM was bad). Seat came from an 02 with 117k miles and the PSM was included all for $135, the PSM alone goes for $165 on ebay.

MOOG Front End-links

Got these because the Uro brand I got ~5 months ago have already disintegrated. Got these from RockAuto.com for $22 each I think. I like that they're all metal.

So today I got the Seat in and the Booster in.

First I did the seat, got it in and was happy to see I could move it around for a lot longer than I used to. I can move it while driving now too, this is great! Didn't take any pics.

Next I started on the booster, this was a heck of a job!

Beginning to take the Booster out

About 1/4 of the way through

I followed tech's guide over on volvoforums.com and lets say I broke more plastic clips than I would've liked. And getting the booster in is a tight squeeze, but I got it in.
      After it was installed HUGE difference, Hissing noise is gone and brakes are a lot more responsive. Very satisfied.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to tackle the axles, I'm going to check the driver side strut mount aswell, been hearing a banging and seen grease spurting out of the new mount, i've picked up another strut mount (monroe brand) but I'm not quite satified with it, think I might return it and get the MOOG strut mount and do both sides, they look pretty badass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl-VX3DglnI

I made a quick vid inspecting the driver side axle before I called it a night, you guys think this is within spec? I believe its original. The new (used) axle I got has almost no play.

More tomorrow...
      2002 S60 2.4T AWD Silver/Charcoal [145K-179K] Totalled
      2003 XC70 2.5T AWD Silver/Charcoal [180K] Ceramic Pads, XeMODeX DIM, Dipped Cladding - The Wagon
      2004 S80 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Light Sand [230K] Factory Bi-Xenon, Depo Fog Lamps, CrossDrilled+Slotted, Ceramic Pads, 50K on newer 14T

well it wasnt today but i removed my catalytic converter had a test pipe put in. i wana get picks of the work but for now...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpPw..._order&list=UL (drive away)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGv_D..._order&list=UL ( in the garage)
      enjoy!!

The Exhaust sounds really good! In the spring plant a tree though!
      05 AWD,16T Turbo,RICA Stage 2,IPD HD CBV,IPD Drop In R Intercooler,IPD HD TCV,IPD HD Coils,Snabb Intake,Eurosport DP/Catback ,Aux Tran Cooler,Sil. Vac Lines/Couplers,IPD R Boost Gauge,Scan Gauge II-Bilstein B8 Struts,Eibach Springs,IPD Sway Bars,UR Front/Rear Upper Braces,IPD HD Tran Mount,IPD Poly SubFrame Bushings,Strut Bar Conv.,DDM Tuning 5K, PIAA Plasma Ion Fogs,LED Interior,Front Sport Lip,18in Enkei RSF5,Cryo Drilled Rotors, and R Brembos.

a little update

I could not get my driver side axle free from the transmission, I started mangling up the side of the transmission case so my new plan is to just remove the boot and swap the shafts then use a ziptie to finish the job

after I get back from my 400 mile trip of course...
      2003 XC70 2.5T AWD Silver/Charcoal [180K] Ceramic Pads, XeMODeX DIM, Dipped Cladding - The Wagon
      2004 S80 2.5T AWD Crystal Green Pearl/Light Sand [230K] Factory Bi-Xenon, Depo Fog Lamps, CrossDrilled+Slotted, Ceramic Pads, 50K on newer 14T

Quote Originally Posted by Racer_S View Post
      a little update

I could not get my driver side axle free from the transmission, I started mangling up the side of the transmission case so my new plan is to just remove the boot and swap the shafts then use a ziptie to finish the job

after I get back from my 400 mile trip of course...
      i used a crowbar wedged between the axle and tranny at the 5 O'clock possition when looking at the axle from the wheel. Took a few times to get it but it worked.
      2004 S60R: Rica Stage II Tune, Phuzzy Motorsports 3" Downpipe & FMIC Kit, SVR TRUE 3" exhaust with EVOLVE tip, Snabb intake, R-Kelly Mod, 18x8.5" EVOLVE H5 wheels... Wish we could have images as Sigs!!!!!!

I went out and cleaned up the car and took some pics so here goes.....

Hope to get some springs next week to lower it a little.
      Last edited by Mystic S60; 03-17-2011 at 07:34 PM.

@mystic looks nice and clean!

@Empyrials
      it was really jammed in there tried again today with another set of hands and more chisels, no luck, ended up removing the clamp and left that bit of the axle in the transmission, removed that bit from the new one and gently tapped the new bearings in the old joint being careful not to spill any on the fluidy grease out of the boot and then reclamped it with the same clamp.. job done!

I'm still getting a noise when hitting large bumps, I'm thinking to get a ball joint next just to rule that out as its the only part I havent replaced, might also be antirattle springs for the calipers. Going to order some new tires next week too, thinking to get some Continental ExtremeContact DWS's. They have some really good reviews and come with road hazard. My current GY Eagle RS-A's are crap and out of round.

also started taking apart my old seat to see if theres any adjustments and removed the cushion.. my new seat is STILL really uncomfortable unless I sit on a pillow, at least I can move it around now. I'm thinking to replace the cushion in the new seat (erie vovo said they have one from the passenger side for $95) , OR try to find a seat from a 2005+, seems theyve redesigned the seats in '05... I found a few in the $150 range on car-part.com, but thats pick-up price, not shipped.
      New generation of Volvo seats
      A new generation of Volvo seats is now being introduced, offering improved seating comfort and more convenient adjustment. The seats have:
      • added vertical adjustment (+12 mm) – with a new "pump control"
      • simpler adjustment of seat angle – with yet another "pump control"
      • improved controls for lumbar support (require less force to turn)
      • slimmer head restraints, providing better visibility from the rear seat

New upholsteries
      A series of new upholsteries enhance the feeling of quality in the model year 2005 Volvos.

SOVEREIGN HIDE – A NEW SOFT LEATHER UPHOLSTERY Sovereign Hide has leather on all the seat surfaces and is made of the finest hide. 5% extra leather and seams with longer stitches create an exclusive effect. Sovereign Hide gives a high-class ambience of Scandinavian craftsmanship at its very best. An extra layer of 10 mm thick foam padding also makes the seat softer and more comfortable. Sovereign Hide is available in three colours:
      • Linen White – with darker seams – is Volvo’s most exclusive upholstery ever. It is available in two combinations, with the interior in classic Oak or for attractive contrast in Off-Black.
      • Off-Black – with light-grey seams – for a sportier touch
      • Oak/Arena – gives a more classically elegant impression

NORDBORG – A DYNAMIC COMBINATION OF LEATHER AND RUBBER-LIKE TEXTILE Nordborg is a sporty new upholstery made of rubbery fabric with leather trim. Some surfaces are upholstered in vinyl of high quality, with a printed, leather-like pattern. Nordborg is available in three colours:
      • Grey
      • Arena
      • Light Sand

If I want a black one its a 400 mile drive..Even then I'm not 100% sure the newer 05 seat will work with my seat module.

I guess I can sit on a pillow for now

I'm having a few other minor problems I'd like to fix:

Lights arent blinking with lock/unlock on key fob, but they do with panic. (ive slammed the hood several times to no avail) I think this feature may need to be enabled on the ECU at a dealer?

My auto dimming mirror still isn't working (damn SUV blinded me).

Both my foglights melted its socket and now there's moisture in the lens. Definitely not OEM quality, since this happened with the bulbs it came with. Maybe I'm suppose to have a power reducer in there somewhere?!
      Last edited by Racer_S; 03-19-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tobythesandwich View Post
      When I first got the car I was getting awesome mileage. Maybe 475-500 on a tank. When it started getting really cold it when the gas mileage went down. Although I filled it up tonight and the paper showed me 24-ish. Which isn't so bad. I may need to temporarily switch to my truck. The price of 93 octane is going to kill me here soon. It's at $3.70/gal here.
      I get 450 a tank average with the cheapest gas possible .

Installed the bluetooth for the JVC radio today.
      Bunch of stuff on the S70
      2016 Ford Fusion Titanium 1998 C70 GT
      Unquestionable faith is the Epitome of Ignorance - me
      R Bumper, HID, RICA Dropin Intercooler, ABM Headlights, EST Intake, Samco Hoses, IPD Wires, Porsche Calipers, KSport Coilovers, LED Lighting, 35% Tint, Moda Wheels, Speedtunning, Custom Water Printed Items, OBX Exhaust, IPD Engine Mounts, SNABB Pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by kadamson View Post
      well it wasnt today but i removed my catalytic converter had a test pipe put in. i wana get picks of the work but for now...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PpPw..._order&list=UL (drive away)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGv_D..._order&list=UL ( in the garage)
      enjoy!!
      It doesnt look like your running a stock muffler, what kind of muffler are you using, or did u just delete the muffler too? Im thinking of mabe doing a set up very similar to this. It sounds really good!

Have finished BSR Stage 1 tune. Oh yes, and new set of Pegs as well.
      Last edited by chubais; 03-24-2011 at 12:06 PM.
      XC90 2.5T

Installing them tommorow but new goodies: XC90 spring seats (which i am returning considering i did not know they were going to be scan tech....), but meyle hd sway bar end links, im hoping this will eliminate the creaking front suspension once i get oem xc90 spring seats ordered....
      Last edited by volvo_s60turbo; 03-28-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ego_Trip View Post
      My Sunday afternoon

I got those iPd stickers. Hate them. I mean they are GREAT quality. But the fact they are a sticker "block" or whatever ruins them for me. Especially because after one snow they are filled with salt and just look bad now. I've been meaning to cut that plastic sticker stuff on top away. Just haven't found the time yet.

I got those iPd stickers. Hate them. I mean they are GREAT quality. But the fact they are a sticker "block" or whatever ruins them for me. Especially because after one snow they are filled with salt and just look bad now. I've been meaning to cut that plastic sticker stuff on top away. Just haven't found the time yet.
      DOH! You're doing it wrong! LOL!!

You are supposed to peel off the plastic once it's in place.
      Our Work Is Never Over.

I guess they have never used vinyl stickers??!?! :P
      [2004 S60 2.5T] < SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by NJGreenBudd View Post
      DOH! You're doing it wrong! LOL!!

You are supposed to peel off the plastic once it's in place.
      No I did it right lol. That plastic itself is adhesive. Pulling that off pulls the letters off. I already tried, trust me lol

haha, it should pull off and leave the vinyl decal by itself. What are you trying to stick it to? Did you clean the surface with alcohol first?

I have tones of decals from stuff but rather stick shem on my tool boxes and junk.

One set on the Volvo, stealth sticker.

More:
      Our Work Is Never Over.

Yes I cleaned it with alcohol first lol. I've put decals on before.

finally got a yakima roof rack and installed the new sway bar endlink and no more rattle so not even worrying bout spring seats until i do new shocks in a couple months

Yes I cleaned it with alcohol first lol. I've put decals on before.
      Lol obvoiusly never correctly lol
      2016 Ford Fusion Titanium 1998 C70 GT
      Unquestionable faith is the Epitome of Ignorance - me
      R Bumper, HID, RICA Dropin Intercooler, ABM Headlights, EST Intake, Samco Hoses, IPD Wires, Porsche Calipers, KSport Coilovers, LED Lighting, 35% Tint, Moda Wheels, Speedtunning, Custom Water Printed Items, OBX Exhaust, IPD Engine Mounts, SNABB Pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled Man View Post
      Lol obvoiusly never correctly lol
      Nah correctly. If my old photobucket wasn't deleted I'd have pics of the ones I had on my Camaro and Datsun. Maybe it's just this one. But I went out and tried this morning before I went to work and it's still sticky. Tempted to just remove them entirely lol

fresh meats

new bushings

new lungs

some of the old parts, i should get a better pic of the pile of all the old S60 parts I have, i've replaced quite a bit of stuff already

anywho, she rides beautiful with the new tires and the OEM bushings killed all the vibrations and made shifting seamless

Installed Viva wheel spacers, 10mm front, 15mm rear. No more wheel rub

adjusted handbrake
      2004 S60R Ticama, MT
      2013 Toyota Tacoma

forgot to mention I solved my foglight condensation issue by wrapping teflon tape (plumbing stuff) around the socket o-ring, 3-4 wounds made a good seal also played with the adjusters and notice the adjuster ball wasnt seated int he socket correctly so I snapped it back in, not sure if that mattered
      Last edited by Racer_S; 04-06-2011 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer_S View Post
      fresh meats

new bushings
      [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/23k92ye.jpg[

new lungs
      [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/11brol5.jpg[

some of the old parts, i should get a better pic of the pile of all the old S60 parts I have, i've replaced quite a bit of stuff already
      [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/eqas5.jpg

anywho, she rides beautiful with the new tires and the OEM bushings killed all the vibrations and made shifting seamless

Did you have poly and went back to stock? I'm curious as I want to add a poly upper engine mount and transmission mount. However I don't want to feel like I'm in an earthquake everytime I'm at a light.
      [2004 S60 2.5T] < SOLD

yea I had the poly upper mount. not the lower one though, maybe if I had the IPD HD lower torque mount it would have been a little better, but yea it vibrated a lot at lights also when cranking it over in the morning it was pretty rough, I wouldnt say earthquake. When the engine hits high RPM, it used to shake the insides, but now I dont feel anything. In hindsight I should have got the square type mount because its an updated design, I got the circle one because it was listed for my year. Both part brands are Hutchinson (upper/lower) I got em from partsgeek.com for $40 each.

When I first got the car the upper mount was destroyed and I got the poly mount insert for $25 to be able to drive it.

If you're interested I'd consider selling my poly mount its lightly used and in perfect condition.

Future:
      I want to paint my brake calipers silver to match the body.
      Then maybe paint the wheels black to match the mouldings...
      Last edited by Racer_S; 04-06-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Installed a second hand R exhaust that I got recently, haven't cleaned it up yet but dirt adds character

'03 S60 2.5T

'01 S60 2.4T

finally took my HIDs out. I would blame it on glare, but the bulbs never really fit right in the first place.

Also ordered some of those moog front sway links and installed them the other day too. (box said made in USA = thumbsup)
      2003 S60 T5M - bilstein sport/eibach, sways, exhaust, mini h1 projectors, and other minor touches

A bit of de-modding, removed the vinyl headlight brow and the yellow lamin-x from the fogs, give it a cleaner sort of look.

Also got these goodies to install over the weekend, Tack Spec R Sway Bar Kit and HD Endlinks.
      Our Work Is Never Over.

looks good, you just need the headlight wiper plugs http://www.vivaperformance.com/produ...2d2004%29.html

nice sway bar kit! does it matter its for the R? I know they have the AWD kit too.

Thanks, yeah I got a plan for those plugs, can't justify spending that much on em so I'm making a set here once the weather warms a bit. As for the sways, the idea of the R Tack spec is that it comes with a 25mm rear bar instead of the 22mm regular AWD kit. The larger rear sway shift the "roll couple distribution to a rear bias" per IPD, it makes the car a bit less neutral, more tendency to over steer a bit. Either kit fits, this is just my preference.
      Our Work Is Never Over.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast