KillerB's Mod List (Lots of Pics/Broadband users)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KillerB's Mod List (Lots of Pics/Broadband users)

I'll throw up my mod list and as we start rebuilding the car, I'll post pics. I've also got some of my other mods up over the years... not all, but some.

The List... and I'm sure I'm missing a few things on the list:
      Engine Mods
      Compression 9.0:1

Short Block:
      JE Forged Pistons
      Piston heads ceramic treated
      I-Beam Forged Rods (Weight shaved down)
      Forged Crankshaft (Slight Knife Edged)
      Mahle Rings
      High Performance Rod Bearings
      High Performance Main Bearing
      Cryogenic treatment

Cylinder Head:
      Bored, Port and Polish Runners (Exhaust)
      Gasket Matching Runners (Both Sides)
      Ceramic coated the exhaust bowl and runner
      BMW Performance Valve Springs
      Dry Lubricated Ceramic Coated Springs
      Manley Extreme Duty Inconel Valves
      Ceramic coated Valve heads
      modified cams
      Cryogenic treatment on all head parts

Turbo:
      VIVA Performance Hybrid-K24
      VIVA CBV (high performance)

Exhaust system
      Port and Polish Manifold
      Ceramic Coated & Flow filled Manifold with high temp 2600 degree protection
      Ceramic Coated Turbo
      PTP Thermo Blanket
      Svenske Down Pipe 3"
      Ceramic coated DP with high temp 2600 degree protection
      Cermaic Magnaflow 3" Catalytic Converter
      Evolve Sport Exhaust 3"
      Exhaust wrap at the rear Dif. Haldex box

Intake System
      BMC (Blue) Foam intake
      Kelly CAI
      Custom OTE Pipe (black chrome)
      Custom 06 OTE brackets
      Bell FMIC
      Port and Polish intake Manifold

Misc Engine parts
      Innovative Motorsports LC-1 Wideband controller (Programmable 02 sensor)
      EGT Probe Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor - 3/16" Diameter (Inconel)
      Auber EGT/Boost/02 Gauge (Blue) (2 gauges)
      Denso Iridium Power Spark Plug (2 step cooler heat range)
      650cc Injectors (Reds)
      Silcone Blue Vacuum hose
      Evolve upper radiator hose
      Evolve lower radiator hose
      Auqamist water Injection System
      Upper engine mounts
      Engine bar / strut bar conversion kit
      IPD HD TCV
      briggs and Stat fuel filter #394358S
      Walbor Fuel pump
      Greddy Relief Vavle (Boost Protection @ 24lbs)
      Upgraded Slave Cylinder
      Rebuilt Clutch (2 times)
      Boost Gauge
      PCV (Replaced)
      Water Pump (Replaced)
      Timing Belt parts (Replaced)
      Volvo 2006 Software fix on Turbo

Suspension Mods
      Evolve Springs (modified)
      Medical tubing (wrapped springs)
      IPD endlinks
      Evolve Sway bar (front) (shaved)
      Evovle Sway bar (rear)
      IPD 25mm sway bar polly bushings
      Rolled Rear finders
      Modified rear liners
      Modified stoppers
      VIVA 10mm spacers (rear)
      Evolve V7 19" Wheels
      "R" Pegs 18" Wheels (factory)

Braking System
      Evolve Stainless Steel brake lines
      Motul MBF 660 fluid
      Allstar Brembo Spindel cooling kit
      Allstar Brembo Brake Duct
      Porterfield R-4 Race bads (track days)

Exterior Mods
      Evolve Rear Bumper
      Evolve Side Skirts
      Evolve Front Bumper (removed)
      Evolve Hood Grill
      Evolve Rear Spoiler
      New OEM Bumer with winglets (installed when Evolve came off)
      3M clear bra
      3M wrapped side mirrors
      3M wrapped rear side skirts
      Osram Sylvania Fog lights
      Euro High Beam Software (HB with fogs)
      Custom Painted Engine (Electric Silver)
      Custom Painted Engine "R" (candy blue)
      Custom Painted OTE pipe (Candy Black Chrome)
      3M Tint Rear Sides and Rear (70%)
      3M Tint Front (35%)
      Blinder M-45 Xtreme

Interior Mods
      Evolve Carpet Mats
      IMIV iPOD adapter
      Volvo NAV system with IMIV video
      Fahreheit TV-5 tuner (w'remote eye in mirror)
      Belltronics X-65

Factory options
      Rain Sensor Glass
      Laminated Side Impact glass
      Rain resistant side windows
      GPS Navigation System
      13 Speaker Premium System
      Climate Package
      Lo-Jack Tracking System
      Secondary GPS tracking system

Magazine or Web Site Appearances
      European Car (Sept 2006)
      Evolve Web Site (2006)
      Bell FMIC Install Manual
      Rolling Magazine (December 2008)
      Elevate Web Site (2009-present)

Picked up in Sept 2005 at Volvo's Factory, Sweden:

Nurburgring

Week 1 of being in the U.S.

Week 5 of being in the U.S. ... All the stage 1 and 2 mods go in and the body work is finished

Week 8 of being in the U.S.

Spring of 2006, investigate suspension and move from Evolve Sway bar bushings to iPD bushings

Sway bar shaved down due to contact of the A-Arm.

Evolve springs modified and rewrapped

Rear finder wells rolled

Meeting at Brembo's North American Headquaters

Camera Mount project

Off-Air TV in the Nav system installed

Custom made OTE pipe clamps (Water Jet Cutter)

Replaced the CAT and recoated the Svenske DP with Ceramic

New VIVA turbo with PTP blanket

Port, Polished, Ceramic Coated and flow filled Exhaust Manifold

Car Stripped and repainted

Last edited by KillerB; 08-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.
      2006 S60R, Electric Silver, 19' V7's, full factory options, fully modded, rebuilt Stage 3 engine w/ uprgaded turbo and Black Flagged from Volvo. Thank goodness for the onboard LIDAR jammer. BLack Flag info: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ighlight=black Mod List: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...roadband-users)

Engine pulled

2006 S60R, Electric Silver, 19' V7's, full factory options, fully modded, rebuilt Stage 3 engine w/ uprgaded turbo and Black Flagged from Volvo. Thank goodness for the onboard LIDAR jammer. BLack Flag info: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ighlight=black Mod List: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...roadband-users)

I got the exact same car... except the mods
      04 s60r
      07 fit
      00 s2000
      05 Z1000

Beautiful!
      04 SR MT Sil Met\ Gobi iMIV / 18" Pegs / 15% Tint [IPD] R Boost Gauge / All Poly Bushings / HD TCV / CAI [CFW] CF Gauge Pod [Viva] CBV / Vac Line's [Snabb] Intake pipe [DRT] Drilled\ Slotted Rotors [Hawk] HPS [Phuz] PhMIC [AEM] Dry Flow[Custom] Grill / Euro style headlights / B Pillars Wrapped / Debaged (-) R
      2 4 6 R

Incredible. Your car is awesome and easily one the of the best ive seen.
      2004 V70R - GT. Titanium on Nordkap. Mostly stock with a little extra oomph

May I ask roughly how much you have spent? She looks nice, really really nice. Also what is the purpose of wrapping the springs in medical tubing....sound reduction? (shot in the dark)
      2006 S60R. I love this caR.

Here's some pictures...http://jnkpics.blogspot.com/

Thats a really nice build ! beautiful car.

Why did you repaint it?
      2005 XC70
      -Pioneer Avic F700 - 12 inch Alpine Type R Sub - IPD Blue Silcone Hoses - OBX Catback - Custom Window Tint - Custom Mesh Grille

Quote Originally Posted by JesseHays View Post
      Also what is the purpose of wrapping the springs in medical tubing....sound reduction? (shot in the dark)
      The Evolve springs at the time had a nasty scrapping, high pitch noise. After spending well over a 1000 in shop time to find what the heck was making the noise, the local indy shop modified the spring and wrapped it. You can see below that the spring had an issue of sitting in the seat and the common wrap didn't hold up. The fix is now asked for at Zen Volvo in North Hollywood.

It's too hard to find the cost. Well over 50k in modding. A lot of extra costs were involved with R&D and transportation. For example, I was one of the first to get the Bell FMIC... when it was becoming a problem for the s60R guys... I didn't hesitate, I loaded the car on a flat bed and shipped it to San Antonio Texas to let Bell figure it out. You can't relate to those costs.

Here's my BIG question of the day....

You ready...? Cuz it's really big!

Where in the hell do you get an upgraded slave cylinder???

B, how could you forget this video? It uses one of my favorite songs.

Last edited by phuz; 04-06-2011 at 07:55 AM.
      Matt
      http://www.phuzzymotorsports.com - www.facebook.com/phuzzymotorsports
      2006 Volvo S60R - 6MT: FMIC, DP, Autotech Tune
      2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design (Wife)
      1993 S13 - 2JZGTE, PT6262 @ 26psi, HKS 272s, Haltech PS2000, 1000cc, Meth, 4" FMIC

Killer,

You are doing an engine rebuild? I am looking to start mine in June. Who is doing all of the engine work? Where are you getting your rods, pistons, cam, valve springs, etc?
      SOLD TO BOOSTED; 2004 S60R GT; 350whp 380wtq on 93 octane; 12.7 best quarter mile at Atlanta Dragway(on race gas),13.1-13.3 avg quarter mile on race gas; IPD stage 2.5 limiter removed tune; Viva Performance upgraded turbo; 2.5 wastegate turns, Bell intercooler; Aquamist; VST REV kit; lightweight underdrive pulley; IPD TCV; Eurosport CAI; custom 3" exhaust hi flo cat; 18x9 Privat Sekt wheels (19lbs apiece)

HOW did you get the tv in the nav!!? and +1 on the upgraded slave. Also do you have more pics of the PTP blanket? and what is its primary function?
      Last edited by owensR; 04-06-2011 at 08:26 AM.
      2004 S60R/MT/Ti/Gobi-Elevate DP, Snabb, ViVA Single mass flywheel, Short Ram CAI, ViVA CBV, iPD HDTCV,Tki Endlinks, iPD stabilizer bushing, poly engine mount, poly trans mount, powerflex bushings, 7 psi wastegate, iPD boost guage,Fitzy style pod,hardwired V1,35w HID 6000k foglights, 6000k headlights

Sell me the wheels that you have on in pict's 8 & 9
      totally stock.. honest

Quote Originally Posted by jstro View Post
      Maybe Justin could sell you the set that he got in trade from Giraff3: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...717&viewfull=1

You'd have to do something about the powdercoat (IMO).
      04 VR Ti/Atacama MT

Nice. Any issues with the Electric Silver paint on the engine covers? I've been wanting to do the same but been worried about the effect of the engine heat on the finish.
      2004 S60R MT - Sapphicama, Pictures, 285HP/307FT-LBS@wheels, IPD Track Spec Sways, Autotech Stage 1 Tune, R Kelly CAI, Autometer Cobalt Boost Gauge, GROM USB/iPod Audio Interface, Hawk HPS pads on slotted Brakeperformance.com rotors, HID fogs, IPD Strut Bar Conversion, UR Front and Rear Lower Braces, Power Folding Mirror Kit, IPD HD Coils, 18x8 Axis XMX wheels, Volvotech CFE extender, CNT Downpipe, EST Touring Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers1981 View Post
      Killer,

You are doing an engine rebuild? I am looking to start mine in June. Who is doing all of the engine work? Where are you getting your rods, pistons, cam, valve springs, etc?
      I think the engine shop just talked me out of the Dartons. The cylinders were almost in new condition. Hard to believe with 100k on the car. The low pressure was due to a cracked cylinder head. There are cracks between the Exhaust valve and spark plug hole. The shop said that was a caused by a back up in pressure and heat. We told them about the clogged CAT i just replaced and they immediately said that was the cause.

Overall, it's a weird feeling rebuilding, because you do all this research and get the parts and then the engine rebuilders go into another direct with the knowledge they have. Like, I wanted the to bore out the intake and exhaust runners, but the engine shop recommended only the exhaust side, but still polish the intake. They will still do the gasket matching on both sides, but just doing boring on the exhaust side takes all the pressure off the cylinders and internal parts. Doing the intake hurts the performance numbers... who knew? I'm also rebuilding the clutch and some other things at the same time. It was suppose to be a coordinated effort of 2 weeks, but it's been 3 weeks so far.

You can see the cracks here:

I'm sending the valves over to Ferrea to have them cut out a custom set of valves.

Most of all, just taking my time. I'll PM you on some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by owensR View Post
      HOW did you get the tv in the nav!!? and +1 on the upgraded slave. Also do you have more pics of the PTP blanket? and what is its primary function?
      The TV is a combination of the iMIV and a TV tuner. You turn the dial on the factory stereo to Television-2 and the Nav comes up and the TV plays. Television-1 on the stereo plays the movies off the iPod.

The blanket is here: http://www.ptpturboblankets.com/subarublk.shtml

It's almost a direct fit.

Quote Originally Posted by djkronik57 View Post
      Nice. Any issues with the Electric Silver paint on the engine covers? I've been wanting to do the same but been worried about the effect of the engine heat on the finish.
      No issues. I've had it for over 5 years now and I only have mild flaking under the OTE pipe where it sometimes rubs and a few corners. Really not bad for 5 years. The only plastic part that sees a lot of heat is the OTE pipe and that was painted candy chrome black with a lot of clear coats. Not a single flack or wear on that part. The Plastic cover is probably caused from the removal during spark plug change outs or any other service on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by jstro View Post
      Fortunately, I'm still using them. They went to the wheel repair shop some months ago and I didn't want to put them back on until I replaced all 4 struts/shocks... and they were replaced 2 weeks before the engine blew, so I kept them off while the is shifted around from body shop to engine shop.
      Last edited by KillerB; 04-06-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo2828 View Post
      Here's my BIG question of the day....

You ready...? Cuz it's really big!

Where in the hell do you get an upgraded slave cylinder???
      Let's hear about this one.
      2006 Ti SR 6MT - In CMOD_R's driveway.

1984 242 Ti 4sp - Has moar power than Vio's Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by phuz View Post
      B, how could you forget this video? It uses one of my favorite songs.
      That's a flash back alright. Wish I could replay that day. Five S60R owners on the Nurburgring and I had to loose traction in a turn during the first 1/8 of the track. After that, I never saw Kelly and those guys taillights ever again. Probably lucky that I didn't because Kelly ran someone off the track in the last half of season. lol Definitely good times

Guys, Volvo sells the upgraded slave. There are 2 different types of slaves that went into this car. The pre generations caused the tubing to kink under engine shifting. The new upgraded slave went into the production cars in mid 2006. My car was made in the last week of August of 2005 after factory retooling, so I was given the 04-05 slave system. Clutch exploded in 2006 and Volvo was hit with replacing the entire clutch system and upgrading the slave.

If you put the 2 slaves next each other, you could see the difference.

Good to know. I'll have to check the build date on mine.

Anything to note specifically on your fender rolling experience? I was planning on this summer to do it.

Mine was built March 2006, so I assume I have the earlier version. Bummerz.
      Matt
      http://www.phuzzymotorsports.com - www.facebook.com/phuzzymotorsports
      2006 Volvo S60R - 6MT: FMIC, DP, Autotech Tune
      2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design (Wife)
      1993 S13 - 2JZGTE, PT6262 @ 26psi, HKS 272s, Haltech PS2000, 1000cc, Meth, 4" FMIC

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
      Good to know. I'll have to check the build date on mine.

Anything to note specifically on your fender rolling experience? I was planning on this summer to do it.
      These are cool. I've used one, works great. I hear you can rent them at different places. Some good aftermarket shops may have one.

2004 S60R MT | Black Sapphire/ Gobi | factory aero body kit | painted grill | painted headlight bezels | custom R badge front grill | 18" two tone metallic grey/black pegs | smoked tail light lenses | 20% tint | USA spec ipod interface | integrated subwoofer system | EBD delete | DEM heatsheild |http://picasaweb.google.com/10580646...NevjZSB6N72mgE

Quote Originally Posted by ari lisner View Post
      These are cool. I've used one, works great. I hear you can rent them at different places. Some good aftermarket shops may have one.

Yeah that tis ze plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
      Don at Evolve did mine at their office. I had talked to him about doing the rolled fenders and they gave me a hand one day. The Famous Blue car had it done too, so I looked at that before he did it. It had more cuts in it... like 3 or 4 per side... been a while. Done had learned a better way to do it and tried it on my car. Both cars look great from the outside. I can get you the measurements on the cuts when I see the car next. The other thing you want to do is cut the liner back an inch and with the wheel off, you want to heat the liner with a heat gun, then reshape the inside portion.

Most of all, you need the tool that bolts to the wheel hub to do this.
      Last edited by KillerB; 04-06-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Brilliant build Killer. Wish I had the funds to do even a 1/4 of the things you've done. What kind of numbers are you expecting from this build? Also, how much did the clutch/cylinder repair cost you? I've got the older one and I'm approaching 100k slowly, but steadily and was wondering. Best of luck to you and I hope your results exceed your expectations. Cheers!
      Sold : 2005 SR MT Black Sapphire Metallic/Nordkap
      Mods: bone stock

may i ask what that camera setup is??
      2006 S60R GT- Black/Gobi @90k miles / K&N intake / IPD HD TCV / Iridium plugs (.028) / 55w HID main and fog @6000k / GSX 3" DP / IPD Stage 2 / Strut Tower Brace / IPD F&R Track-Sways / Solid Subframe Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by ajbell11 View Post
      may i ask what that camera setup is??
      My 2006 write up on the Camera mount : http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?63766

Quote Originally Posted by iLLEST-R View Post
      Brilliant build Killer. Wish I had the funds to do even a 1/4 of the things you've done. What kind of numbers are you expecting from this build? Also, how much did the clutch/cylinder repair cost you? I've got the older one and I'm approaching 100k slowly, but steadily and was wondering. Best of luck to you and I hope your results exceed your expectations. Cheers!
      We'll see on the performance numbers. I'm happy with protection and longevity rather than peak performance. As far as the slave cylinder and clutch was around 400 + labor. The transmission and everything else came off the engine when we stripped it, so I'm sure it's being over looked, or part of the cost of stripping the engine and putting it back together.

Woah!! Those are some pretty awesome mods you got there.. any AWD mods or are you running stock Volvo/Haldex components
      04 S60-R Titancama/6spd/Custom Hybrid k24/Autotech Tuned/OBX-DP with magnaflow cat/iPD HD-TCV/ViVA CBV/Silicone lines/SS brake lines/19"Evolve V7's

Senior Member 850arrrsaylikepirate's Avatar
      Dang, nice ride there Brian. Any plans on heading up to the north bay ?
      2006 S60R - Black Sapphire~Nordkap~GT~iPd Track Spec Sways~TME Springs~TME DP-Exhaust~Bell FMIC~iMIV~E-Codes
      2009 XC90 3.2 AWD - aka the kiddo hauler
      1997 4x4 Nissan - Fook mi this thing is slow

The parts are almost done being shaved down to save weight and the camshaft is being knife edged.

Most of the parts were dropped off today to get them in line for the Cryogenics treatment. This included the AWD sleeve and a few other parts.

Ceramic coating goes on the entire inside of the head after the Cyro. The head with be 50% from the Cyro and never see any heat about 120 degrees after the Ceramic coating.

Just read through this thread. Truly an awesome thread! Gave me a lot to think about. My fiance is going to hate you.

Any updates?
      2007 S60R GT Black SapphireMetallic/Gobi | 18" Machined Pegs | Ceramic Thermal Tint
      KW:V2 Michelin:265/35R18 17mm Spacers Rear+235/40R18 12mm Spacers Front IPD:Ceramic Coated Downpipe/Track Sways Phuz:PhMIC UR:Strut Braces Setrab:Oil & Trans Coolers Custom Ceramic Coat:Dual Exhaust & Exhaust Manifold TKi:Endlinks/Toebar AEM:Meth Inj ARD/RZ: MultiMap UltraViolet/R32 Turbo Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by ojs View Post
      Just read through this thread. Truly an awesome thread! Gave me a lot to think about. My fiance is going to hate you.

Any updates?
      Continues on here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...y-build-update

I'll through some more pictures into that thread later tonight.

How is the Build coming Bryan? BUMP
      2006 V70R Black GT 377 awhp TME Exhaust, Girodisc 2 piece rotors IPD Sway bars, HD end links, Strut Brace, Poly engine mounts EST CAI, Silicone hose kits, SNABB intake, IPD HO coils,Enem Y21, CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ElectronicsSPA digital Boost/EGT, ScanGauge II, Bel STiR ,Laser Interceptor HD front jammer, Mobileye collision avoidance system , LED interior lighting, ImiV, 2 USB, AARP member,

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
      I'll throw up my mod list and as we start rebuilding the car, I'll post pics. I've also got some of my other mods up over the years... not all, but some.......
      So how much WHP and Torque do you get out of that beast?
      Have you dyno'ed it?
      2006 S60R GT - Electric Silver, Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Elevate body kit w/ CFW winglets, Ipod adapter, Bluetooth, Elevate/AutoTech Tune, EST DP, EST Catback Exhaust, IPD CAI, K&N filter, GlowShift Boost Gauge, IPD HD TCV, IPD Upper Poly Bushing Kit, IPD Performance Intercooler, IPD HD Throttle Inlet Tube
      Future upgrades: TME springs, IPD Anti Sway bars, IPD HD end links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast