SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

You know your an R forum member when....

26K views 139 replies 77 participants last post by  timojq 
#1 ·
You wave/honk/yell at another R passing by only for them to give you crazy looks :p

or, you show all your new passengers what "advanced" is

Lets hear some more haha

#2 ·
Yeah, I used to do both. I'll add-

you get a lot of enjoyment out of your rear headrests (and you know what that means)

#5 ·
You wait for pirate to post KB picts in all of the depressing threads

#6 ·
You cant wait to update your signature to show you got some new parts!!

#10 ·
THIS.

#14 ·
+1 You try to convince your friends that they should get an R (for those of us without wives).

...you know the TNN number before the SA/SM does
+1

Oh, hell, +1 to everything you guys said. I do or have done it all.

#13 ·
You quickly identify another R from very far away to others in your car and they ask you why you think they give a ****.

You pull up to another R and ask "are you on the boards? yeah i am too, i'm [insert name here]"

#15 ·
you look at all the threads with pics first

#16 ·
...you feel extremely disapointed when that wagon you spotted far away has only one exhaust tip, which means it's not an R

...seeing those blue unread thread icons gives you a lot to look forward to.

...you dont accelerate hard when turning left (or you accelerate hard when turning left, but wait for the angle gear BANG!)

...you proudly tell people you meet that an R is like Mercedes' AMG division....

...you feel unique driving your R

#26 ·
When people decide not to contribute to a cool thread, and instead decide to correct silly grammar mistakes. :)

#28 ·
You have watched the owner democraphic change from 30+ Y.O. to 16+ Y. O. and you still hear people bitch about elitists.

#30 ·
You know you are an R forum member when you

constantly check to see if you have been spotted

check the forum more than facebook

always look for things to contribute too

see new members come and make sure they have pictures!

#34 ·
When you know more about your R than your dealer and he bets you an oilchange, checks in VIDA, and comes over disappointed saying that he misunderstood what I was saying..

When you make sure your car is clean at all times incase someone "spots" you..

When you linger around other R's in the parking lot hoping to:
a) meet the owner and ask for his SS username
b) see what mods he has and if he's removed the EBD
c) check out what kind of R it is
d) all of the above

When you search/post on SS as soon as you have a feeling that your car is messed up

and the BIG one
When you come across an e46 m3 at a red-light/highway/intersection/where-ever in rain/snow and take off like a mofo, stop at the next light/whatever and the guy in the beemer is like WTF! asks about your volvo and then proceeds on his way wishing his m3 could do the same..

oh and when you do donuts and post pics of your rims filled with snow and talk about how much fun it was

#35 ·
When you do not even hesitate to ask for group buys...

When you can spout out to your friends exactly how your 4C works and they give you funny looks

When you tell people that get in your car for the first time about how cool your front seat pockets are and they wish they had front seat pockets

When you tell people that your car has a grocery bag holder in the trunk, explain all the airbags, explain WHIPS, and tell them it is the safest grocery getter ever while slamming through gears and boosting to 21 psi :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.