SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Volvos @ IKEA 2011 Massachusetts Pics!

15K views 57 replies 31 participants last post by  BMac_R 
#1 · (Edited)
Couple pics from the MA G2G. It was great to see some new faces around, hopefully it will occur more often!

Two things on the photos, yes the shots are semi-repetative and yes I did miss taking the camera out early enough to get the other Rs before they left :(

See less See more
#5 ·
Contact George at Viva.

Also... love the Sport steering wheel in the same photo. I know I love the feel of mine!!!

#3 ·
Bummed I missed this. Totally forgot about it. Looks like it was fun!

#13 ·
I cannot believe to my eyes but I'm in the same boat. But I was under impression that it's going to happen on Sunday.... missed a clinic an BVV last weekend too :((

Sound like it was a great meet. Who has longest drive to get there? GIRaff??

#4 ·
So sick! Thanks for posting these pics.

I need wiglets on my R so bad...

#8 ·
Nice collection of well cared-for Rs.

Hard to pick a favorite car but I loved the tortoise with the turbo on its back sticker!

#9 ·
Thanks again to everyone for coming. I am saving everyones pictures and putting them into one collective album on Facebook.
I was very happy with the attendance for the first ever Ikea meet in MA. I was happy to keep this tradition alive. It took a lot of work and planning. Thanks again to all attendees and especially thank you to Ikea, Sweet GFX, Volvo Village of Norwell, and IPD for the raffle items!

#10 ·
I have a few pics on the way...some good, some bad :( More to come...

#11 ·
My father and I had a great time! It was nice to meet a lot of new people and to see friends again! Again, we apologize for the lack of vinyl, the timing was off and we were not prepared as much as we usually are. In the future, we promise to bring a lot more!

I do not have many pics, but as usual, I can't go anywhere without bad luck following. It started with my father right after we left the meet and finished about 40 miles from home on route 84 West in PA.

My father's car:

Mine:

Sigh... :(

#22 ·
My father and I had a great time! It was nice to meet a lot of new people and to see friends again! Again, we apologize for the lack of vinyl, the timing was off and we were not prepared as much as we usually are. In the future, we promise to bring a lot more!

I do not have many pics, but as usual, I can't go anywhere without bad luck following. It started with my father right after we left the meet and finished about 40 miles from home on route 84 West in PA.
Sigh... :(
Bob,

Good to meet you and your father! Holy moly, what happened to that Ronal wheel? Did you only bend one like that, or both?

#17 ·
I have much respect for everyone who drove the long distances to get to the meet. All of us here in MA area had driven 6+ hours each way (9.5 hours to get back last year) to get to the PA Ikea meets before, and thought it was time for a change of pace to see who the real enthusiasts are. :p

#19 ·
It's fun. I like long distance driving way more then my regular around town commute. Two weeks ago I attended a surf swap meet in NJ, about 9 hours of driving. It was so cool to see people rolling out eyes when I was telling them I drove from Boston. Def going to attend next meet..

Were any Sonics presented besides Paul? (SonicR) - I assume he and baxter were there.

#18 ·
Yep, I had a great time! Thanks to everyone involved, especially the NY State Trooper who let me off with just a "tint" warning, the nice check out clerk at Lowes where we bought tools to fix my grenaded e-brake, and everyone who moved to the passing lane on I-84 while we swapped out Giraff3's bent wheel with a fresh one. Oh yeah...the reserved parking spots at Ikea were an especially nice touch. I just wish we'd have seen them before we set up...sorry :eek:

#26 ·
He got his vinyl from my father and I.

Bob,

Good to meet you and your father! Holy moly, what happened to that Ronal wheel? Did you only bend one like that, or both?
Only one wheel was bent and the tire was blown out. I told you guys I would blow one out soon, right? ;)

Bob, wtf...what did you hit, that is some bend. Sorry to read about the ill matters that you and your pops had to deal with on a nice drive.
As soon as we crossed the NY state border into PA, I-84W turned into crap. We slowed down and were dodging pot holes like crazy. I was in the passing lane, as it was early and the roads were relatively empty, and it was smooth sailing for a few miles. I saw a bunch of pot holes in the distance, both lanes on the left AND right side, so I took evasive maneuvers and the path I chose was not the right one :( Overall, the drive back was smooth, we even had a pull from 60mph, which was short and sweet! At least for me.

Bob, what the hell did you run over, a railroad tie?!?!?! Holy sh*t!
I pulled over maybe 1 or 2/10ths of a mile after the pothole I hit and right next to us the road was littered with several pot holes, some about a foot deep. I have the best luck...

#23 ·
damn, I forgot this was coming up. Need to track these things in my calendar. Hopefully we will see you folks at Travis' bbq in CT this summer.

Bob, wtf...what did you hit, that is some bend. Sorry to read about the ill matters that you and your pops had to deal with on a nice drive.

I am liking the interior on George's ride, looks real good.

#24 · (Edited)
Good to finally meet you as well George.
Your red interior is quite a crowd pleaser.
Thanks for the pix (you too Fitzy) and the "exhibition" ride also George. That things handles like it's on a rail......very nice!

#28 ·
Had an awesome time!!
Here's my pics

#35 ·
I ordered another tire, another Ronal from friggin England, and I may make a trip down to Bath tomorrow to see if they can fix that lip...it looks pretty bad!

#42 ·
Well now, thats me :cool:

Eibach Springs
245 40 18 General Exclaim UHPs (makes a big difference as the sidewalls stick out A LOT)
10mm spacers, front
0mm spacers, rear (can't fit anything until I roll the fenders, will be 15mm spacers after that)
18" OEM Pegs 46mm offset

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.