1989 volvo 780 *bertone* for sale
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

1989 volvo 780 *bertone* for sale

I KNOW I DONT HAVE TO START LISTING A BUNCH OF RANDOM SPECS ON THIS POSTING ABOUT THE 780 BERTONE. I AM SURE MOST ALL MEMBERS OF THIS FUROM ARE WELL AWARE OF THE RARITY AND SIGNIFACANCE OF THIS VEHICLE, SO JUST A LITTLE INFO ON MY SPECIFIC CAR.

1989 VOLVO 780 BERTONE
      B230FT MOTOR TURBO PLUS( ORIGINAL MOTOR WAS BLOWN SWAPPED WITH REBUILT MOTOR 10K MILE AGO)
      AUTOMATIC (THEY ALL ARE UNFORTUNALLY)
      ALL PARTS ORIGINAL
      ELECTRIC ALL IN WORKING ORDER

I USE THIS CAR AS A DAILY DRIVER AND IT IS A BUEATIFUL CAR TO DRIVE. SO I AM HAVING TWO ISSUE WITH SELLING THIS CAR. NUMBER ONE I LOVE IT AND DON'T WANT TO SELL, THE SECOND IS THE CURRENT MARKET VALUE FOR THIS CAR. i KNOW WHAT I PAID AND I KNOW WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO GET, BUT WITH THE RARITY, LACK OF COMPERABLE SELLS, AND THIS BEING ONE THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER YEARS OF THE BERTONE I AM NOT SURE OF WHERE TO PRICE THE CAR. I WILL LET YOU DECIDE SHOOT ME AN OFFER!!!!! I ALSO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A TRADE ( LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE,LOOKING FOR TURBO OF COURSE WAGON OR SEDAN) THE CAR IS LOCATED IN MARIETTA GA AND BELOW IS A LINK TO SOME PICTURES. IF YOU WOULD LIKE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...llnec/bertone/

Has it been smoked within?
      Miles?
      Documentation?
      Rust?

We should talk.
      Any interest in trading up on a TVR?

answer
      no it has not been smoked in
      mileage just under 300k on chassis less than 10k on motor ( all busings and chassis mount have been replaced not exactly sure when, chassis is tight and drive flawlessly)
      i could probalbly dig up some documentaion as the volvo mechanic that has been servicing is a freind of the family
      NO rust period undercoating is thick and in excellent shape

please send specs and pic of TVR

Black is the the color for a Bertone, but too many miles on yours for me.
      Best of luck with the sale of that uncommon beauty.

i don't suppose you have the original radio? and I'd like better pictures of the driver's seat.

so anyways I know of an 88 that sold recently with only 27k miles on it and another one up in CT with 76k miles the guy was wanting $6700 (dunno if he got that). I can't offer you much for your 300k rig, rare or not.
      Last edited by inteller; 06-24-2011 at 07:52 PM.
      2008 Titanium Grey Metallic C30 R-Design
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod

I do not have the original radio. But do have access to on and original trim mount. I would be willing to include for the right price as it is not cheap. Please do not let the mileage scare you as the chassis is tight no rust thick undercoating. Novamat shock on rear tight and working. I will send pics on morning seat has some cracks as leather had some what dried out o have recondotioned with saddle soap and lexol and is soft as babies ass. I also see you are on tulsa I will be in lake ozark mo in a couple weeks of you would like to buy the car o can drove it up. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jnorrellnec View Post
      I do not have the original radio. But do have access to on and original trim mount. I would be willing to include for the right price as it is not cheap. Please do not let the mileage scare you as the chassis is tight no rust thick undercoating. Novamat shock on rear tight and working. I will send pics on morning seat has some cracks as leather had some what dried out o have recondotioned with saddle soap and lexol and is soft as babies ass. I also see you are on tulsa I will be in lake ozark mo in a couple weeks of you would like to buy the car o can drove it up. Thanks
      sorry, I can't offer you more than 2k for that car based on miles age and not all original. If I were you I'd just drive it till the wheels fall off then drive it some more.
      2008 Titanium Grey Metallic C30 R-Design
      2006 Passion Red S60R
      Packages: Premium, Climate Options: Sport Appearance Package, 18" Pegs, 6Spd Geartronic, Navigation
      Accessories: Sunglasses holder, Sirius Radio, Volvo Digital Jukebox Mods:SS DEM Mod