Tribute to the R
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Tribute to the R

Put this together over the weekend. Nothing amazing from a production standpoint, but the content is nonetheless ogle worthy! I have some track video from Portland International Raceway I was going to tack on at the end but it would have drawn it out...unless there is interest?

And if she's priced too high to sell? Well fucrying out loud that's just too bad, guess we find a way to keep her! I knew kids would require sacrifices but this is almost more than I can bare....

Does the caR bring you a lot of joy? Then unless you HAVE to have the money I say keep her.

Track footage is always welcome in my book . Pretty R sir (or madame)
      2006 S60R. I love this caR.

Here's some pictures...http://jnkpics.blogspot.com/

Keep the caR and don't worry about the kids...they will forgive you.

Nice vid BTW. And the exhaust note is sweeeet!
      Cheers!
      2007 V70R GT, Black Sapphire, Nordkap, Nav, Sub Woofer & Bluetooth, Track Spec Sways, EBD & Resonator Delete, Four-C-Mod, Machined Pegs

Why Sell One Of The Safest Cars On The Road If You Have Kids...Unless your extremely pressed for money... I think it would make more sense to keep the car!
      Dave, Ridgecrest,CA
      -2004 S60R-
      6spd Manual, EST Intake, 3" OBX Turbo Back Exhaust, IPD TCV

Nicely done. Thanks for posting.
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Saville Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

your caR is simply beautiful. I could not imagine selling mine. Its my pride and joy Goodluck

I want that exhaust note!

Keep the caR!
      2006 S60R MT //Sapphicap//Sport_Premium_Climate_Convenience//18" OZ Ultraleggeras//TME Springs//phMIC//Viva SM Flywheel//OBX DP//Ipd: Boost Gauge & Poly Upper Engine + Trans Mount//Bob Vila//EST Exhaust//Fitzy Gauge Pod//

1999 Chevy Suburban. Beastly.

It's got a rear seat along with anchors for the baby seat, I don't see why selling it is a must. If it's got to be the family truckster, maybe a VR is in order.
      '05 Ti-Kap GT SR; MTE tune; Bell FMIC; TME DP, exhaust, & springs; IPD CAI; IPD HD coils; IPD TCV; AEM H20/MeOH kit w/ flow gauge; Viva CBV & strut bar conversion; SNABB inlet pipe; TD Pro Race 1.2 35ET 18x8's; 235/40 GY Eagle F1 Asym 2; Adam's Rotors w/Hawk HPS pads; IPD camber kit; IPD Track-spec sways; Elevate hood grilles; CF Werks spoiler; Prosport boost gauge w/ vent pod; LED DRL's; PIAA fogs; EST LED bulbs. CaR photo

Buy a V70r and transfer the mods over.....
      2004 V70R - GT. Titanium on Nordkap. Mostly stock with a little extra oomph

Nice video. Hope you get it sold.
      2004 V70R - GT. Titanium on Nordkap. Mostly stock with a little extra oomph

Keep it and post the PIR vids.

KEEPING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't do it. and Esurance is unbelievably inexpensive coverage!

I'll try to put a PIR vid together!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Capital R View Post
      KEEPING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't do it. and Esurance is unbelievably inexpensive coverage!

Smart move! I love the work and love you've put into your R and unless it was going to be purchased by another enthusiast I would hate to see that effort wasted.
      2006 S60R MT //Sapphicap//Sport_Premium_Climate_Convenience//18" OZ Ultraleggeras//TME Springs//phMIC//Viva SM Flywheel//OBX DP//Ipd: Boost Gauge & Poly Upper Engine + Trans Mount//Bob Vila//EST Exhaust//Fitzy Gauge Pod//

1999 Chevy Suburban. Beastly.

Love to see some track videos!!
      06 S60R 6MT Sonicama, Elevate Exhaust, Phmic, iPD Stg II,Custom DP w/race cat, EST Ultra Flow Intake, Elevate Sways, SNABB Intake Pipe, SS DEM mod, BT, NAV, Miv w/X1

Great R man!! so the 3" inch exhaust is a custom creation? what resonator(s) and muffler did you use? Love the sound!

But think about this... this about the pleasure and the pain of the R vs. the kids!!

I mean, i know the R is high maintenance, but at least most of it is scheduled! Sell the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      2006 S60R GT- Black/Gobi @90k miles / K&N intake / IPD HD TCV / Iridium plugs (.028) / 55w HID main and fog @6000k / GSX 3" DP / IPD Stage 2 / Strut Tower Brace / IPD F&R Track-Sways / Solid Subframe Bushings

I thought I was going to have to give up my R for kid room as well. I devised a secret evil plan with my insurance agent (state farm) where we stopped by to see him "unannounced" to discuss the rates on the proposed children haulers she (wife) had in mind. He immediately went into this dissertation on how safe my volvo is, and started listing all the discounts we get for the different safety features. I could have kissed him. Sold her on keeping it.

I'm happy you get to keep your car friend! I suggest putting the car seat on the passenger side rear, with a non-skid mat under it to protect the upholstery. Trust me. It will get dirty back there!

nicely done...good luck with the sale.

Shoulda done some J-turns
      My YouTube Channel & My Twitter @TheCastro
      12 Mini Cooper S Hardtop
      06 XC90 V8 - for sale
      04 S60R - sold!

Senior Member 850arrrsaylikepirate's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Capital R View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      nicely done...good luck with the sale.
      Ummm, ya, oops.

OP, awesome that you're keeping her!
      Last edited by 850arrrsaylikepirate; 07-21-2011 at 02:58 AM.
      2006 S60R - Black Sapphire~Nordkap~GT~iPd Track Spec Sways~TME Springs~TME DP-Exhaust~Bell FMIC~iMIV~E-Codes
      2009 XC90 3.2 AWD - aka the kiddo hauler
      1997 4x4 Nissan - Fook mi this thing is slow

what exhaust is on the car?
      04 vR GT Titicama- Gsx Todd DP - Phuzzy HDTCV - IPD Stage 2 - JRL Mod - IPD boost gauge

Head in clouds

Thanks guys! The wife told me to keep the car actually! After she read all the comments on SS after I first posted the video she basically said "you cannot sell your car!"

I have one of the most unique and beautiful amazing cars available, and my wife far exceeds that description

I'm happy you get to keep your car friend! I suggest putting the car seat on the passenger side rear, with a non-skid mat under it to protect the upholstery. Trust me. It will get dirty back there
      I've had the car for as long as the kids(4 years) and believe me a car doesn't stay as nice as mine without perfecting the art of vehicle cleanliness. Both munchkins are delightfully conscientious passengers because the absolutely understand dad's car is different than mommy's . Doesn't happen on its own for sure.

what exhaust is on the car?
      Exhaust is Phuzzy DP, 3" single pipe with magnaflow resonator and muffler, and I think the tips are magnaflow as well, though I'm putting the stock tips back on because they are without question the best style for an aggressively styled R. very hard to find staggered duel tips with angled cuts like the stock tips...if you replace your exhaust KEEP YOUR TIPS, you might want them back when you realize like me this is one mod you can't improve.

I mean, i know the R is high maintenance, but at least most of it is scheduled! Sell the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      And the R is NOT high maintenance, anyone saying so has their perspective misaligned! Or they're coming from the mind-numbingly lifeless camry. My dad's '05.5 Audi S4 is a maintenance money pit of cataclysmic proportions! Glove box broke, window switches malfunction, A/C blows up...oh, driver side heated seat kaput, and the freaking dealer washes their cars with steel wool sponges.

Sell the kids = sell the R depending on your perspective...anyone with kids will understand. I'm thrilled I don't have to do either.