How To Reset SRS (Airbag) Light?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

How To Reset SRS (Airbag) Light?

I had to drive my car for a while with one of my seats removed. This has tripped the SRS light. Now that everything is buttoned back up how can I reset the light?
      2007 V70 5 Speed
      2005 S40 2.4i 5 Speed

1995 855 5 Speed SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by pczeilon View Post
      I had to drive my car for a while with one of my seats removed. This has tripped the SRS light. Now that everything is buttoned back up how can I reset the light?
      You can't. It's a dealer visit to reset, no other options.
      iPD tune / Bilstein HD / iPD 25mm sways / Heico dual exhaust / sport body kit / Heico Volutions / HID Projectors / VST strut brace / CFE / Anodized gauges / etc.

it'll go away after driving for a while.
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Metallic Silver 426 - ELEVATE Stage I Tune - ELEVATE AWD Lowering Springs - ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar - ELEVATE Rear Camber Arms - ELEVATE Turbo Pipe - VIVA Performance Front Strut Bar - EuroSportTuning Drop-in Filter - Volvo 18' Medusa Wheels - Volvo R-Design Steering Wheel - Full LED Conversion
      Former: 2002 S40 1.9T

Sorry to resurrect, but the light is still on. Dealer wants $130, Indie $125. Any good scan tool I can buy that will reset the SRS? I'd rather spend $130 on a tool I can reuse than give it to the dealer. I have a VAG-COM system for my Audis which does OBD2 just fine on the Volvo. Of course it can't access the SRS module.
      2007 V70 5 Speed
      2005 S40 2.4i 5 Speed

1995 855 5 Speed SOLD

Wow, the dealer seriously wants to charge you an hours labor to spend 4 minutes tops to clear the SRS light?

I would find another dealer and ask for a favor, worst case scenario give a tech 10 bucks on the side and have em do it on lunch.
      TheRetrofitSource | 2020 Motorsports | RTernie | H&R Springs | Import Meet | Girodisc

Current: E46M (daily) | S40 T5 (grocery getter)
      Past: NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4

Yes, hard to believe. The comment was "It's a flat $130 to hook up the computer." The Volvo only independent was similar saying "We use the same VIDA tool as Volvo so our charge has to be the same." Does anyone have experience with the Autel MaxiDiag EU702 tool? LINK Reading all the descriptions of this tool & an old (2008) post on VolvoForums indicates it should do the job. However, there are also random posts by Mini, BMW, & Mercedes guys saying it won't communicate with their modules. Everyone knows half these internet guys are idiots though.
      Last edited by pczeilon; 07-08-2011 at 07:00 AM.
      2007 V70 5 Speed
      2005 S40 2.4i 5 Speed

1995 855 5 Speed SOLD

Dang, wish I could help you out somehow but I am not sure which scan tools are actually able to communicate with all modules in our system. It literally takes 5 minutes to do, thats really lame they wont do a simple favor. Does SRS lights fall under the complimentary diagnosis Volvo has going on right now? If thats the case make em do it for free.
      TheRetrofitSource | 2020 Motorsports | RTernie | H&R Springs | Import Meet | Girodisc

Yes, hard to believe. The comment was "It's a flat $130 to hook up the computer." The Volvo only independent was similar saying "We use the same VIDA tool as Volvo so our charge has to be the same." Does anyone have experience with the Autel MaxiDiag EU702 tool? LINK Reading all the descriptions of this tool & an old (2008) post on VolvoForums indicates it should do the job. However, there are also random posts by Mini, BMW, & Mercedes guys saying it won't communicate with their modules. Everyone knows half these internet guys are idiots though.
      Don't waste your money on that EU702 - you can't reset SRS with it.

Go to your Indie or the dealer and have it reset. (continuing this thread for two more weeks with even more "internet guys" won't change the solution)
      iPD tune / Bilstein HD / iPD 25mm sways / Heico dual exhaust / sport body kit / Heico Volutions / HID Projectors / VST strut brace / CFE / Anodized gauges / etc.

this happened to me in my s60....

i just waited until i need to take the car in to the dealer (recall), they reset everything when it was at the dealer.....for free....

this (reseting SRS airbag warnig) should be free :S .....

Just confirmed with my service manager that SRS lights are covered under Volvo's 1 hour complimentary diagnostic program. So merely go in there saying you have a SRS light that you need pursued, once they see that its no longer present wont be any repairs necessary and they should clear the light for you free of charge.