SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Attn: R-Design owners ... (& other XC60 owners) ... your thoughts please...

19K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  CrossingCountries 
#1 · (Edited)
i never cared for the bold blue volvo emblem on the front grill... therefore i created something a bit different and more muted...

your thoughts and opinions (still in the preliminary stages... an exact overlay fit with be assured).

cheers! :D

See less See more
#2 ·
Good job on the logo, but too much "R-Design" going on in the front grille for me, hehe!

#4 ·
~ kinda had the same thoughts... one or the other.

perhaps i will reverse the colors in the volvo logo to a more muted silver background with blue letters.

#5 ·
I have to agree with Grecian. From reading these forums I generally like how you customize things, Andrew, but I've never understood the whole "de-badging/re-badging" thing that some enthusiasts like to do to their vehicles. (It was really pervasive over on the Acura enthusiasts forums where I've been active as an Acura owner the past few years.) OK, so it makes your car stand out from the crowd a little, but I say, wear your car's badges with pride and find other ways to customize.

#8 ·
~ lol - as a trademark lawyer... one could have their hands full by just visiting ebay daily. ;)

#9 ·
the front end might be interesting without the angled sash and just the round centered logo (Volvo or R-Design) but go without the smaller R-Design badge if you go with RD front and center.

#10 ·
~ how about this option? the reverse of color of the oem emblem?

still working on an exact fit.

#11 ·
Just wondering how are you printing these?

#14 ·
~ the decals are made by a process called thermal imagining and produced by a professional graphics company. the vinyl like material is made from oracal and is designed for outdoor signs. the product has a 5 year plus life span for wear. it's extremely durable yet pliable enough to wrap or contour edges and is adhesive backed. great stuff.

#13 ·
I'd love to see that in Red...to match my Passion Red.

#20 ·
I like the first design if you could remove the other r design badge. The Volvo looks good too but the font size is too small. Needs 10-15% larger. It should fill more of the rectangular space.

EDIT: didn't realize how old op's original post was! ;)

#23 ·
#22 ·
I'm generally not a fan of badges, stickers, and so on anyway so for me this seems a little excessive. I recently just put on the black Volvo badge on the front emblem instead of the factory blue one to make it stand out a little less since I have a black XC60. Yes, I plan on debadging the car in the back as well, because the stick-on letters make it a pain in the ass to clean and they trap dirt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.