Attn: R-Design owners ... (& other XC60 owners) ... your thoughts please...
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Attn: R-Design owners ... (& other XC60 owners) ... your thoughts please...

i never cared for the bold blue volvo emblem on the front grill... therefore i created something a bit different and more muted...

your thoughts and opinions (still in the preliminary stages... an exact overlay fit with be assured).

cheers!
      Last edited by andrew sport; 07-22-2011 at 06:23 AM.
      2010 XC60 R-Design
      Electric Silver w/ off black interior
      Media Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Climate Pkg, Blis, PCC
      ~ front window tint 35%, full clear bra, dust-free ceramic brake pads, rear spacers 15mm h&r, silvervision bulbs, front fogs, debadged ~

Good job on the logo, but too much "R-Design" going on in the front grille for me, hehe!
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black leather, Platinum/Tech/Climate/BLIS/19" Ixion II, KN Filter, IPD Rear Swaybar {His}
      2013 S60 T5 AWD - Black Stone/Off Black, Climate, Premier Plus, Rear Spoiler, RD Strut Brace {Hers}
      SOLD:2004 S40 LSE/1994 940 Turbo/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda3 i-touring/2012 S60RD

Redundant, Andrew. Plus, as someone who works for Volvo, I do not like the "defacing" of the main logo..
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015.5 V60 T6 AWD R-design, Crystal White Pearl w/ Climate package/Booster Seats/Platinum trim level/BLIS/Front Blind View Camera/19" IXION wheels

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post
      Good job on the logo, but too much "R-Design" going on in the front grille for me, hehe!
      ~ kinda had the same thoughts... one or the other.

perhaps i will reverse the colors in the volvo logo to a more muted silver background with blue letters.
      2010 XC60 R-Design
      ~ front window tint 35%, full clear bra, dust-free ceramic brake pads, rear spacers 15mm h&r, silvervision bulbs, front fogs, debadged ~

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Redundant, Andrew. Plus, as someone who works for Volvo, I do not like the "defacing" of the main logo..
      I have to agree with Grecian. From reading these forums I generally like how you customize things, Andrew, but I've never understood the whole "de-badging/re-badging" thing that some enthusiasts like to do to their vehicles. (It was really pervasive over on the Acura enthusiasts forums where I've been active as an Acura owner the past few years.) OK, so it makes your car stand out from the crowd a little, but I say, wear your car's badges with pride and find other ways to customize.
      2012 XC60 T6 AWD, SeaShell Metallic / Anthracite, Platinum, BLIS, Xenons

It is good to see you working with elements of badging; I have never been unhappy with the front R-Design badge on my XC60, but do wish they had badged it in the back as well.
      2011.5 R-Design T6 Black/Black SOLD
      2014 R-Design T6 White/Black

As a trademark lawyer, I just can't help thinking, "Eek!" Lol! I've learned a lot about cars and love of cars on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by lfanc View Post
      As a trademark lawyer, I just can't help thinking, "Eek!" Lol! I've learned a lot about cars and love of cars on this site.
      ~ lol - as a trademark lawyer... one could have their hands full by just visiting ebay daily.
      2010 XC60 R-Design

the front end might be interesting without the angled sash and just the round centered logo (Volvo or R-Design) but go without the smaller R-Design badge if you go with RD front and center.

~ how about this option? the reverse of color of the oem emblem?

still working on an exact fit.
      2010 XC60 R-Design

Just wondering how are you printing these?
      2011.5 XC60 T6 R-Design AWD / Cosmic White Metallic / Off Black Smooth Leather w/ Beige Inlay / Polestar Performance Upgrade / Technology / Multimedia / Climate / Convenience / Park Assist Camera, Front Blind View/ BLIS / PCC
      My Actual Fuel Economy

I prefer the original Volvo logo, but this second change would be better than the large R design logo IMO.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6
      2009 VW GTI

I'd love to see that in Red...to match my Passion Red.
      2012 XC-60 R Design T6 AWD
      Passion Red / Off Black Interior
      Platinum Package (Premium / Multimedia / Convenience / PCC)
      Climate Package / Front Camera / Power Foldable Side Mirrors
      Polestar 325 HP / 354 lb-ft of torque

Quote Originally Posted by Jazx83 View Post
      Just wondering how are you printing these?
      ~ the decals are made by a process called thermal imagining and produced by a professional graphics company. the vinyl like material is made from oracal and is designed for outdoor signs. the product has a 5 year plus life span for wear. it's extremely durable yet pliable enough to wrap or contour edges and is adhesive backed. great stuff.
      2010 XC60 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by andrew sport View Post
      ~ the decals are made by a process called thermal imagining and produced by a professional graphics company. the vinyl like material is made from oracal and is designed for outdoor signs. the product has a 5 year plus life span for wear. it's extremely durable yet pliable enough to wrap or contour edges and is adhesive backed. great stuff.
      Solid! I'm highly thinking about de-badgeing my XC60 before winter arrives again. Not having a R-Design, I think maybe just a T6 on the front would be nice.
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6

Quote Originally Posted by MERKIN View Post
      +1

Originally Posted by MERKIN

+2

And I too would like to see a decent option for R Design badging on the rear.

2010 XC60 R-Design

would like to see just the 'R' logo centered on a blue background!

I like the first design if you could remove the other r design badge. The Volvo looks good too but the font size is too small. Needs 10-15% larger. It should fill more of the rectangular space.

EDIT: didn't realize how old op's original post was!
      '01 S60 T5 GT 150K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sports/TME springs, XC90 spring seats, ipd HD sway bar endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot Rotors w/ceramic pads, Snabb Intake, HD ignition coils, iMIV ipod adapter, blk mesh grill
      GF -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 140K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6