Wheels spacers
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Thread: Wheels spacers

Wheels spacers

Never really felt like shelling out $120 for H&R wheel spacers. I came across these at some local douchebag speed shop for $14, so I thought I'd pick 'em up for my rear Pegs. They're 3mm and work pretty damn well...still able to use the stock studs too. My friend used two of them on each of his rear wheels on his S4 (see background) for a total of 6mm. Looks pretty good.

2005 S40 T5 AWD M66 Sold
      1990 244 DL Sold

I'd be really careful with those. I had a similar type spacer I was using a few months back and they made it so the wheels weren't quite centered properly and it ended up causing a couple of my studs to snap in half. I ended up having to have both of my front hubs replaced, to the tune of around $700 (cost $450 for one new one installed at my indie shop with 5 new lugs, and $150 for a used one from a pick and pull place).

I've got a couple H&R ones I bought to help my Fikses clear my coilovers, they worked super well. 5mm I believe and they were like $50+ shipping used from another SS member.

There are reasons why that type of spacer are so cheap and most of them say on their packaging that they are not street legal, for off-road use only.

Hopefully you don't have the same issues as I did.
      SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

Damn, really? Good thing I haven't installed them yet on my car then, haha. Don't need them with my TDs. Never saw these before so I thought I'd post 'em up.

Thanks for the heads up AJ.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD M66 Sold
      1990 244 DL Sold

The ones I had were bought from Pep Boys, White Knight brand or something like that. But most Auto Zone, O-Reilly's, or whatever the Canadian equivalent of those stores are probably carry the same things... They looked pretty much to be the same idea as the ones you posted. Hubcentric spacers really are important.

It was an expensive mistake. Luckily the studs broke while I was swapping out my wheels, I went to loosen them and they just sheared right in half, no extra force needed. I think the H&R are worth the extra money, especially if you buy them used from another SSer or on ebay I saw them for $90ish at one point. I'd offer to sell you mine for what I paid, but I've been holding onto them in case someone needs them along with my Fikse wheels, figured I'd throw them in for free just in case they rubbed on their suspension like I did slightly before the spacers.
      SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

The biggest thing that makes the TRAK spacers from H&R and other reputable companies is that they are still hub centric, instead of spacing the wheel further away displacing the load further out all just on the studs.

Definitely worth the investment if you need spacers to avoid possible costly failures.
      TheRetrofitSource | 2020 Motorsports | RTernie | H&R Springs | Import Meet | Girodisc

Current: E46M (daily) | S40 T5 (grocery getter)
      Past: NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4