Suspension in '97 460
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Suspension in '97 460

Hello guys!

I'm new here and I want to say Hello to everyone! I'm driving a '97 460 with 1.9 TD engine.

My question is - How to improve suspension in my volvo 460. I want to make it wider and lower. Are there some good modification do make it easly and cheap?

Thanks for replies!

Hello

A good solution will be to check for something like this street kit
      I only changed the rear springs with genuine yellow marked springs, which is the hardest suspension available from Volvo... and placed harder gas shock absorbers. The result was pretty good.

Talking

You must check if your car was fitted with rear sway bar. It makes a big difference!
      I would suggest getting costume front & rear sways, poly rear bushings and you can modify Peugeot 206's front bigger bushings to fit your front control arm.

If you do not waant to go poly at the back, you can go with ford fiesta front control arm, front bushings for rear sway arm positions, but then you would need to drill out the holes for bigger bolts on your car. The links can handle bushings from Dacia Logan and these are really good. I can get you part numbers in couple of weeks when I get home.

Pm me in a week or two, cause I have tendency to forget about forum when I get back to real world...
      Last edited by Zeljko_M; 08-20-2011 at 04:38 PM.
      SR, MT, TiGray Gobi; slow project...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeljko_M View Post
      You must check if your car was fitted with rear sway bar. It makes a big difference!
      I would suggest getting costume front & rear sways, poly rear bushings and you can modify Peugeot 206's front bigger bushings to fit your front control arm.
      Hello

Can you please give me some details about poly for rear arms bushes? From what model will fit?
      I already fitted poly on the front (made by me) but now i must put new bushes on the back and it will be perfect if i'll find some poly.

Also, do you know a solution for rear torque rods? Those made for Volvo are too expensive and are coming only with the iron bar included.

Thanks!