Spark Plugs - NGK V-Power Good?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Spark Plugs - NGK V-Power Good?

Howdy,

Its time for a tune-up! Are the NGK V-power any good? Getting them from Oreily in an attempt to get stuff done quickly while I have the time...

Former Advertiser
      I think they are good but the Volvo 5-cylinder engine does not seem to like anything but OEM Volvo plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by fcpgroton View Post
      I think they are good but the Volvo 5-cylinder engine does not seem to like anything but OEM Volvo plugs.
      what are the OEM volvo plugs? Bosch? I'm using the NGK V-power ones for now (the ones Viva recommended for a tuned car).
      2005 V50 T5 AWD - Metallic Silver 426 - ELEVATE Stage I Tune - ELEVATE AWD Lowering Springs - ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar - ELEVATE Rear Camber Arms - ELEVATE Turbo Pipe - VIVA Performance Front Strut Bar - EuroSportTuning Drop-in Filter - Volvo 18' Medusa Wheels - Volvo R-Design Steering Wheel - Full LED Conversion
      Former: 2002 S40 1.9T

Quote Originally Posted by fcpgroton View Post
      I can definitely vouch for this. I was running NGK Iridiums previously, but the OEM Bosch plugs just seem to be the best choice.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD M66 Sold
      1990 244 DL Sold

Banner Advertiser George @ ViVA's Avatar
      MM, what were your Iridium plugs gapped to?