RWD vs. FWD Offset
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

RWD vs. FWD Offset

I'm getting tired of the stupid looking steelies, so I think it's about time I pay up for spacers and put my Naida's off the S70 on the 740. From what I remember, I need 20mm spacers, but after seeing the ones on iPd, it seems I need 25mm's? If it's 20mm, I'll get the 25's since I want some extra space, esp. with 205/65/15 tires and soon-to-be iPd sport springs. If it's 25mm, I can get 30mm's from H&R.
      '98 S70 T5 Auto - The Track Car --> My Build Thread
      '92 745 NA+TT Auto - The Daily Driver --> My Mods Thread
      '95 855 NA Auto - Gone and missed....
      '01 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 AWD - Gone and NOT missed!

AFAIK stock offset on 740s are 25mm, 850s and X70s are 43mm, so 25mm spacers would be closest to correct.
      '99 V70 AWD - 428 Coral Red Metallic, 2.5T, M58, XC, Dipped Volans, Nivos, 70mm lowered up front, IPD sways, Volvo strut brace, poly engine mounts, custom twinpipe, R-bumper, Tomcatciller, stock engine for now

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by McShake View Post
      AFAIK stock offset on 740s are 25mm, 850s and X70s are 43mm, so 25mm spacers would be closest to correct.
      mmk. I talked with George @ ViVA yesterday, and he said 25's are the correct way to go with 30's being good for running wide-ass tires. I'm thinking of picking up a set of 245/40/18's since I can get a really good deal on them.

How's regulations on wheel size in the US?

In Norway, we get paragraphraped whenever tyre or wheel is outside the fenders. We're allowed to change the offset with +/- 7mm each side, and wheel circumference +/- 5%, but it HAS to be written into the registration papers. You dont, they take your plates. Pisses me off, dont much care for wide tyres, but I would like rims with a sick edge on my 850. Which would entail wider tyres
      '99 V70 AWD - 428 Coral Red Metallic, 2.5T, M58, XC, Dipped Volans, Nivos, 70mm lowered up front, IPD sways, Volvo strut brace, poly engine mounts, custom twinpipe, R-bumper, Tomcatciller, stock engine for now

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by McShake View Post
      How's regulations on wheel size in the US?

In Norway, we get paragraphraped whenever tyre or wheel is outside the fenders. We're allowed to change the offset with +/- 7mm each side, and wheel circumference +/- 5%, but it HAS to be written into the registration papers. You dont, they take your plates. Pisses me off, dont much care for wide tyres, but I would like rims with a sick edge on my 850. Which would entail wider tyres
      In the US, there is no regulation on tire size. You can put whatever you want on. The only thing is if your state does safety inspections and your tires are bald (having less than 1.6mm of thread left), you can fail inspections and be required to buy new tires; but as far as sizing and offset goes, it doesn't matter. I just helped a friend put 15mm spacers on his Audi A3 with stock wheels, so they stick out like nuts. Outside of being retarded looking, from a wheels/tires only standpoint, even this is legal here in the US.