Help with the Identification of classic Volvo. A PV445 or 210 Duett?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Help with the Identification of classic Volvo. A PV445 or 210 Duett?

My son has asked me to sell his old Volvo for him. I know nothing about any auto much less a classic and I could use a little help. Is this car a PV445 or is it a 210 Duett? I thought I knew and so did my son, but it turns out neither of us agree on what it is. The year is also not clear. He said it's a 1959, I say 1958. Not that much difference and I base my opinion strictly on research I have done, he knows cars. Can anyone help me with the details and also if anyone knows where I could sell it and what it should be priced at, that would help greatly. I don't want to give it away and I don't want to price myself out of the market. The overall condition of the car is something I am not comfortable deciding. To me it is another rusty old car behind the shop. I do know that there are not very many of these around. He's had it since he was 15 and drove it quite a few years although not very far. It was running when it was parked about 11 years ago and all the parts and trim are there with the exception of the radio and possibly a turn signal. I have not figured out how to post the pictures but here is a link.

Volvo Duett

It is pretty definitely a 445, identified by the 444-style interior and split windshield.
      Your son SHOULD be supplying you with the info you need if not assisting in the sale, IMO.
      The VIN number will help with further ID.

Global Moderator
      Dash has a "445" emblem.

Let it sit.

George Dill

https://picasaweb.google.com/1083570...90399372956946

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus3 View Post
      It is pretty definitely a 445, identified by the 444-style interior and split windshield.
      Your son SHOULD be supplying you with the info you need if not assisting in the sale, IMO.
      The VIN number will help with further ID.
      He is working 7/12's out of town and has given me all the info that he can remember. If you can point me in a general direction, I can find the answers I need. I appreciate your time, I really do. Are there any other numbers on the car that I will need besides the VIN?

Quote Originally Posted by gdill2 View Post
      Dash has a "445" emblem.

Let it sit.

George Dill

https://picasaweb.google.com/1083570...90399372956946
      What does that mean please?

I am going to regret asking, but where is this car located?

Also, last one I saw for sale, that wasnt a full restore, was free of serious rust, but had body damage similair, and was on sale for 1200.

Oh, its in Missouri. Well thank god I can't get to it. I dont need another project.
      Last edited by Whiskey; 10-25-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Where are you that you can't get to Missouri? It's almost in the middle!

Dallas, but I don't have a trailer. Would cost me probably 300 bucks in gas, rental of trailer, and wiring harness for lights.

Maybe a towing dolly?

Tried that for my second 122s, and they failed to tell me I legally need towing lights on it wired up, so they took the dolly back at uhaul.