Memory Seat Confusion
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Memory Seat Confusion

Scenario:

Two PCC keys, one is my mom, and one is mine. Each key has our respective memory seats stored to the key. My mom drives the car yesterday, so the seat is in her position. Park the car into the garage, doors unlocked. Today, I drive the car (with my PCC) so I open the door and the seats may move to my position. If it does, great! If not, then I have to hold 3 to move it to my position. I get out of the car after I park and lock the door. I come back to the car afterwards, open the door, and the seats move to my mom's position! Wtf?! If I hold 3, it continues to move to my mom's position! Wtf?! The memory seats got mixed up?!

This has happened to us numerous times. Probably once a week since I took delivery of the car back in July. Does this happen to anyone else? The only workaround is to either disable PCC memory seats, or to lock the car when it is inside the garage.
      2000 Volvo S70 SE; First Owner; 305k km

2012A Volvo S60 T5 Level II; GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
      Scenario:

Two PCC keys, one is my mom, and one is mine. Each key has our respective memory seats stored to the key. My mom drives the car yesterday, so the seat is in her position. Park the car into the garage, doors unlocked. Today, I drive the car (with my PCC) so I open the door and the seats may move to my position. If it does, great! If not, then I have to hold 3 to move it to my position. I get out of the car after I park and lock the door. I come back to the car afterwards, open the door, and the seats move to my mom's position! Wtf?! If I hold 3, it continues to move to my mom's position! Wtf?! The memory seats got mixed up?!

This has happened to us numerous times. Probably once a week since I took delivery of the car back in July. Does this happen to anyone else? The only workaround is to either disable PCC memory seats, or to lock the car when it is inside the garage.
      It has not happened to me in the last 3 cars with PCC (S60 T6, XC60 T6 R-design and XC70 T6). Have you gone to the MY CAR menu and found, under the car settings, the memory options where the box needs to be checked for the driver's power seat?
      Last edited by GrecianVolvo; 11-07-2011 at 10:02 PM.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015 V60 T5 Drive-E, BrightSilver w/ Beechwood/Black Sport leather Climate/ Platinum/Technology/BLIS/Park Pilot/Sport w/ 19" BOR,Connected Touch,FR CAMERA

Agreed with Grecian. 9 times out of 10, any "issue" that I thought was a defect was actually a setting buried in Sensus.

Remember, *both* keys need to be set up with Sensus. Save the settings, check the box for your mom's PCC. Then, get your mom's PCC far away and then repeat with yours. I'm willing to be that when you navigate Senus while using your PCC you'll find that box unchecked.
      2012 S60 T6▐ Electric Silver with Sport Appearance Package▐ Off Black/Anthracite with Urbane Wood Inlays▐ Premium/Climate/Technology/Multimedia▐ BLIS ▐ Front Blind View ▐ Front and Rear Park Assist▐ PCC▐ Trunk Spoiler▐ 4C▐ Port installed spare and trunk mat.

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      It has not happened to me in the last 3 cars with PCC (S60 T6, XC60 T6 R-design and XC70 T6). Have you gone to the MY CAR menu and found, under the car settings, the memory options where the box needs to be checked for the driver's power seat?
      It is checked, which is why it's so weird. It was checked as a factory default setting when we picked up the car. I'm guessing your next suggestion would be to recalibrate it? I'll try un-checking it then checking it, while hoping it doesn't lose my mom's memory seats.

memory seats

Neither one of our current Volvo's have sensus, but both have PCC. What we have learned over the years with first keyless entry/key and now PCC's is locking the car is the key. For instance when driver one exits and locks the car driver two can walk up unlock the car and as the door opens the seats and mirrors move to driver two's memory setting. However, when driver one exits and DOES NOT lock the car driver two walks up opens the door the seats stay where they are with driver one's memory position.

Not sure if sensus has solved this and allows the car (unlocked or locked) to recognize either PCC and move seat and mirros accordingly.

Hey Volvo, can you install a memory steering wheel and rear view mirror option next year?
      The old - 2001 S60 totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX (yuck), 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 totaled.
      The current - 2012 C30 T5 Ice White/Black/Blonde OSD
      2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      Neither one of our current Volvo's have sensus, but both have PCC. What we have learned over the years with first keyless entry/key and now PCC's is locking the car is the key. For instance when driver one exits and locks the car driver two can walk up unlock the car and as the door opens the seats and mirrors move to driver two's memory setting. However, when driver one exits and DOES NOT lock the car driver two walks up opens the door the seats stay where they are with driver one's memory position.

Not sure if sensus has solved this and allows the car (unlocked or locked) to recognize either PCC and move seat and mirros accordingly.

Hey Volvo, can you install a memory steering wheel and rear view mirror option next year?
      Pretty much what happens to me, but it goes one step further where the memory seat positions get messed up. Thus one of us will lose our memory seats and have to reconfigure everything again.