What did you buy for your car today - Post Pics - Page 105
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 LastLast
    Results 3,641 to 3,675 of 3692
      Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIdeasWereTaken View Post
      There's a bunch of K16 C30s on C30Crew.
      Hey dude! Yea that's some good stuff, had I still had my S40 you know I would already have done a k16 and manual swap. Working with Ben McNally on my R build and we are close to getting the engine finished for it GTX3576R ;-)
      04' S60R Titanium Gray Metallic M66 - Snabb FMIC, IPD Lower Sway x2 Strut tower x2, Delrin SFB's, IPD Cat Back, OBX DP, StopTech rotors, SS lines, Aeromotive fuel pump. Soon: GTX3576R, blanket, engine 2 w/BG, Intake w/S4 MAF, Oil Cooler.
      S40 - http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ght=bgrove%27s

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bgrove View Post
      Hey dude! Yea that's some good stuff, had I still had my S40 you know I would already have done a k16 and manual swap. Working with Ben McNally on my R build and we are close to getting the engine finished for it GTX3576R ;-)
      Been following your current build, it's going to be a beast!

Tire Balanced and Mounted - all ready to Go - Wow Nice . . Clean !

Quote Originally Posted by GRat9717 View Post
      Bought these 11 weeks ago. Finally in from Italy. Yes they're light.

** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Quote Originally Posted by EngTech View Post
      Tire Balanced and Mounted - all ready to Go - Wow Nice . . Clean !
      Thanks TireRack!
      Garage Queen - 2010 C30 R-Design Vrooooooom
      Daily - 2016 V60 T5 Drive-E Vrooooooom
      Zichrona Livracha - 2004.5 S40 T5

https://www.ipdusa.com/uploads/image...size_26715.jpg

Bought front and rear meyle end links! Can't wait for the fronts to arrive

Quote Originally Posted by chocolater2 View Post

I hope you're not lowered, otherwise there's a good chance those links will hit the frame (they are considerably thicker than stock). I have the same links (Meyle HD) and combined with the Heico kit (30mm lower than stock AWD height), they knock on the frame over many bumps. Extremely annoying. I'll be going back to stock when I have time to work on the car.
      2007 S40 T5 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by T5CO View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by chocolater2 View Post

I hope you're not lowered, otherwise there's a good chance those links will hit the frame (they are considerably thicker than stock). I have the same links (Meyle HD) and combined with the Heico kit (30mm lower than stock AWD height), they knock on the frame over many bumps. Extremely annoying. I'll be going back to stock when I have time to work on the car.
      I considered lowering my car sometime in the future. this is definitely something to keep in mind! Thanks

Cam seals, timing belt kit and stuff! Found pools of oil around spark plug wells 1-3 after coming back from Carlisle. This is after a week or two of tracking down a leak. I never suspected the cam seals or anything around the oil filler. I guess I found the problem...fortunately no oil in the wells so I don't need to pull the valve cover. The t-belt has less than 1,000 miles, but I'm going to do it and the other parts just in case since they are oily.

Also ordered new valve/t-belt covers since the painted ones are already looking bad and flaking. I don't want to risk the flakes getting into anything.

A few days ago: colored lug nuts for the wheels.

Today: accidentally bought an OEM subwoofer for the V50 for... $74!
      Never been that interested in getting one since they're so rare in the second hand market and Volvo quotes almost $600 for it. Stumbled upon the auction, placed a bid at the end and tada.wav, it's mine for almost nothing. Couldn't resist. I only need to get the power harness and fiber optics harness and of course SW update for it, so I guess that would set me back another $100 or so. Still a bargain though.
      Volvo V50 1.8F 2008 Metallic Blue, not a R-design from the start but I'm converting it to one!
      Done: R-design bodykit, sport spoiler, Eibach Pro 25mm, Dotz Roadster 19" on 225/35, fully LED converted inside and out. More to come at:
      Project thread!

Quote Originally Posted by rentalcar View Post
      A few days ago: colored lug nuts for the wheels.

Today: accidentally bought an OEM subwoofer for the V50 for... $74!
      Never been that interested in getting one since they're so rare in the second hand market and Volvo quotes almost $600 for it. Stumbled upon the auction, placed a bid at the end and tada.wav, it's mine for almost nothing. Couldn't resist. I only need to get the power harness and fiber optics harness and of course SW update for it, so I guess that would set me back another $100 or so. Still a bargain though.
      I didn't know these existed. That's an amazing find.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
      '10 V50 T5 R-Design M66 --- eFocus Torque mount - IPD boost gauge w/custom pod - KW V1 Coilovers

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bradyohead View Post
      I didn't know these existed. That's an amazing find.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

See, they're so rare!
      Having the oem sub you need to remove the spare wheel. Maybe that was something that made people insecure about it... For me, it doesn't matter. Haven't used the spare wheel on this car yet (5 year and counting) and if anything happens - I still have Volvo Assistance since I do my services at a Volvo dealer = free towing etc when **** hits the fan.
      Paid for the sub today, hope it'll arrive this week. Got some time off this weekend which could be used for this project.
      Volvo V50 1.8F 2008 Metallic Blue, not a R-design from the start but I'm converting it to one!
      Done: R-design bodykit, sport spoiler, Eibach Pro 25mm, Dotz Roadster 19" on 225/35, fully LED converted inside and out. More to come at:
      Project thread!

Quote Originally Posted by rentalcar View Post
      See, they're so rare!
      Having the oem sub you need to remove the spare wheel. Maybe that was something that made people insecure about it...
      Hmm, are you sure about this? I have Dolby system in mine with woofer in back, but there is still a space under the boot floor for the spacesaver. Or you are referring to full-sized spare?
      Titanium Grey 2005 V50, T5AWD, M66
      E-Focus Torque mount, E-46 bi-xenon retrofit, de-nanny mod, Black Diamond braided b.l.+Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads

Quote Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
      Hmm, are you sure about this? I have Dolby system in mine with woofer in back, but there is still a space under the boot floor for the spacesaver. Or you are referring to full-sized spare?
      Honestly, no. Never seen one in person, only online. The woofer looks a bit "thin" so maybe it's possible. Although, looking through the instructions for it it seems like there's two floor options: high and low. Low = no spare wheel. High = spare wheel. I guess? But as I said, never seen one in person and I don't think I've ever seen a V50 with different floor height in the back, only V70.
      Here's the instructions: https://goo.gl/aUZQiv
      Also, this part, and there's a spare beneath it:

(Full size spare, that would be something! Another 19" under the floor, yum! But looked near to impossible when I tried, lol)
      Last edited by rentalcar; 05-29-2017 at 10:36 AM.
      Project thread!

You may be right, althought I am not sure of anything myself now High&Low floor as far as I know refers to AWD/non AWD (remember seeing floor on mine first time was like "what the...." ), but there was also factory option of spare/non spare so It may be any of those combinations Was just dubious that woofer would exclude spare as its shape is designed to allow it to fit, IMHO. My underfloor is different aswell as I have some foamy compartment module inside (that I guess is repair-kit factory version) that I can pull out and have space for wheel instead.
      Anyway, good luck with fitting & programming woofer! Im sure it will be worth it!
      Titanium Grey 2005 V50, T5AWD, M66
      E-Focus Torque mount, E-46 bi-xenon retrofit, de-nanny mod, Black Diamond braided b.l.+Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads

Thanks! I'll try to finish it up as soon as possible and hopefully we'll get some things cleared, haha!
      Project thread!

If I remember right, there are 2 floor options. You only get the high one when you have the organizer under it. I'm pretty sure that the high doesn't have something todo with sparewheel or no sparewheel.
      super find and perfect price! I'm gealious

cheers Jens

I had the organizational compartments under the trunk mat on both V50s, one high and one low. Low was on the FWD, high was on the AWD for clearance of AWD parts.
      Both cars had full size spares.

Bought some wind deflectors. For the front and the rear windows. Hope it will look as dope as I hope it will look. They should arrive today. We'll see.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H870 mit Tapatalk
      2005 Volvo V50 T5 FWD Manual - Maintenance Queen

Elevate FWD hardpipe (black/black) and some gold heat wrap on the way. yeah buddy.
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

Got extremely lucky with a set of OEM black Midir, 18x8, im not sure if im going to keep them so any interest please DM me. Attachment 4009

Attachment 4017
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

Quote Originally Posted by jondevieonS40 View Post
      Got extremely lucky with a set of OEM black Midir, 18x8, im not sure if im going to keep them so any interest please DM me. Attachment 4009

Attachment 4017
      Damn dude I love the black Midirs. Nice find.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
      What did I buy for my car today? I bought something VERY useful - Homelink! Simple plug & play, all built into the visor itself! Operating range is far better than the handheld remote. No more fidgeting and having to remove the remote off the keychain to look for signal. This thing opens my gate while on the street before pulling in. Dealer wants $330 for one driver side! I got a pair off a donor vehicle on eBay for $50 and matches perfectly! Best bang-for-the-buck for 2017!!!

how did you program it to your garage? i have one already but have no idea how to program it to my old garage door opener.

how did you program it to your garage? i have one already but have no idea how to program it to my old garage door opener.
      I used some generic YouTube video from HomeLinks channel. Couldn't tell you which one. But the information is there. Also check the Volvo manual online and see if you can dig anything up there

Quote Originally Posted by nathanlevang View Post
      Damn dude I love the black Midirs. Nice find.

thanks, yall would burn me at the cross if you found out how much i paid for them lol

and i found that homelink vid ill try it out when i get home.

Very easy. It is actually on the manual...but...there is also a trick, when programming on some garage like mine you'd have to keep on pressing the garage remote (in pulses) instead of holding down the button.
      It is on page 86 through page 88.

Eibach AwD lowering springs from @threebutchers....just got the delivery notification... not home yet to unbox..

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 R1 Slotted Rotors&EBC Red Stuff, straightpipe, eibach springs

Quote Originally Posted by thefisch33 View Post
      Eibach AwD lowering springs from @threebutchers....
      Took you long enough to buy this.. Seems like you were talking to him forever before pulling the trigger!
      2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD M66 || 1987 Toyota MR2 || 2002 Lexus IS300 [hers] || 2008 Volvo V50 T5 [Sold 2016] || 2001 Acura Integra GSR [Stolen 2010 lol]

All my friends are lowered and I don't want to be left out. @bradypennartz @ian_reese @boulderc30

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 R1 Slotted Rotors&EBC Red Stuff, straightpipe, eibach springs

All my friends are lowered and I don't want to be left out. @bradypennartz @ian_reese @boulderc30

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      #slamit

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      You are a brave man with the snow we get here lmao...Good luck...day 2 when the wet snow has turned to ice will be the real test on your bumper. Unless you have a second car, in which case I'll shut up.
      2006 Volvo S40 AWD T5 M66 - Dusty Rusty
      2012 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT - Slowmobile - CAI only, Powerstop Rotors+Pads.
      1996 HD Electra Glide - Big Bertha 10:1 Pistons; EV13 Cam: Ultima Digital Ignition; Buell Head Conversion; E85 Carb Tuned;

Quote Originally Posted by avenger09123 View Post
      You are a brave man with the snow we get here lmao...Good luck...day 2 when the wet snow has turned to ice will be the real test on your bumper. Unless you have a second car, in which case I'll shut up.
      This awd fears no snow. Lower lip means I can go slow and plow it rather than get high centered on top of it

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30

Everyone knows the first thing you're supposed to do is lower it!

Quote Originally Posted by avenger09123 View Post
      I've already driven in plenty of snow on my coilovers. I installed them half way through winter haha. It's really only an inch or so in the front so it doesn't make that big of an impact

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Ian_Reese; 06-08-2017 at 01:42 AM.

thanks, yall would burn me at the cross if you found out how much i paid for them lol

and i found that homelink vid ill try it out when i get home.
      Any luck with your Homelink programming?

Eibach AwD lowering springs from @threebutchers....just got the delivery notification... not home yet to unbox..

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      How much 'lower' are we talking?

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 LastLast