What did you buy for your car today - Post Pics - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by crossie View Post
      yup. that's what I noticed today. replaced the calipers, bled the brakes, and the handbrake still wasn't working properly. oh well, I'll have to get a new handbrake cable..
      Depending on your year, you may need to replace the rear cables, front cable, & even the handle, as there was a parts update at some point. Have your VIN handy when you call Volvo for the parts.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Bought a second set, giving my old/new set to my tech.

Not for the S40, but...

2005 S40 T5 AWD M66 Sold
      1990 244 DL Sold
      1997 850 Sold
      2005 V70R M66

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh yeah...and a set of these to go with my new headlights

2005 S40 T5 AWD M66 Sold
      1990 244 DL Sold
      1997 850 Sold
      2005 V70R M66

I bought me a new set of wheels. OEM. I like their looks. Pic stolen from the internet:
      SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

Them your winter wheels or just adding to the collection?
      Current: 11 ISF | 14 C300 AMG Sport+
      Past: E46M | S40 T5 | NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4

To be decided, lol. Getting the wheels dropped off tonight, we'll see how I like them test mounted on my car (without a tire on it). I've bought quite a few sets that I like but don't like with my car so I've never mounted them, just sold them instead. I like the looks of these, and they are close enough ET to stock that they should be fine. And they are the same hub bore if my research is correct.
      SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

oooOOOOOooo ... pics on car please . I like those. What is the model name of the wheel?

The wheel is called "Zephyrus" and is marketed for the XC70, XC60 and maybe other models. Most stock 18" wheels for our cars are around 52mm offset (ET) and these are 55mm, so I'm pretty sure they are close enough to a perfect fit, maybe even more flush than the wheels marketed to fit. They appear to be a well designed wheel, which I'd expect as they are manufactured by Borbet Germany. They're 18x7.5" so I can just swap my existing tires onto them.

Pic of my actual set, just cleaned them:

Quote Originally Posted by carreragt7 View Post
      The wheel is called "Zephyrus" and is marketed for the XC70, XC60 and maybe other models. Most stock 18" wheels for our cars are around 52mm offset (ET) and these are 55mm, so I'm pretty sure they are close enough to a perfect fit, maybe even more flush than the wheels marketed to fit. They appear to be a well designed wheel, which I'd expect as they are manufactured by Borbet Germany. They're 18x7.5" so I can just swap my existing tires onto them.
      Sweet, those are really nice. Looking forward to seeing them on the car.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD | Black/Beechwood | Premium/Climate Package | BLIS | Sunroof | Active Bending Bi-Xenon (mine)
      2006 S40 2.4i M56 | Barents Blue/T-Tec | Sports Package | Sunroof | OEM Tail | 3M Clearbra | Fogs | Parrot Mki9200 | K&N Air filter (sold to son)

Those will look great on your car!

I just ordered these:

... lets see how long they take to get here (special order) ... and how long I can wait before getting them mounted. Need to order shocks and struts, patience ... patience .

LED Time

Fairing for Lolvo. I am excite.

24" and 12" white led strips, some black vinyl tint, vht night shade black caliper paint and a set of latex gloves. Should be a fun way to bring in the new year
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Name pending") |ELEVATE Intake, intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Niche Targa Wheels wrapped in 2154/45/18 Nikos||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|

I was recently certified and underwent 3 months of rigorous training. So I got this vinyl for the fairing.

Last edited by aldebaran; 01-05-2012 at 10:23 AM.

A roll of 3M clear bra to install under the rubber pads of my load bars to protect the paint.

** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Been needing this for quite some time!
      2005 S40 T5 - M66 - Silver w/ Off Black T-Tec - OBX 3" DP - EST Strut Bar - Auto Meter Boost Gauge - Premium Audio

SOLD -2005 S40 2.4i

good manual! I have it myself, saved me a lot of hassle.

this came in the mail today:

2005 V50 2.0D - 165hp, 360Nm (sold with 330.000km)
      2011 V50 D4 - 205-210hp, 470Nm

Quote Originally Posted by s40boy View Post

Been needing this for quite some time!
      Thought it was kinda 'funny' and made me chuckle a but (yeah, I'm the @$$ that notices stuff like this).....Anyone notice somthing odd about the pic for this manual?? .... how about the model year of the car and the 'engine layout' ... def not the pic of a 2.4i or T5 ... plus I'm pretty sure that the 2004.5+ S/V40's didn't come with a strut brace ....
      2011 S40 R-Design Geartronic - Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by Javalitis View Post
      Thought it was kinda 'funny' and made me chuckle a but (yeah, I'm the @$$ that notices stuff like this).....Anyone notice somthing odd about the pic for this manual?? .... how about the model year of the car and the 'engine layout' ... def not the pic of a 2.4i or T5 ... plus I'm pretty sure that the 2004.5+ S/V40's didn't come with a strut brace ....
      It's also rhd
      2008 Passion Red C30 6 Speed M/T
      V1 with Preferred, Climate Package and Dynaudio.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

Quote Originally Posted by Javalitis View Post
      Yeah, and who would buy a car with half a hood?

guys, the engine pictured is a 2 liter diesel, same as mine

half the hood can only be good for air circulation, right? :P ...but I surely wouldn't buy a car with a broken front rim + tire

Quote Originally Posted by crossie View Post

this came in the mail today:
      Moar low??

Oh, wait you had the broken springs....

yeah, you're right... just a replacement for this

I was going to say... that's definitely the diesel engine in the manual pic. The strut brace however....

and I'm pretty sure all of our cars came with shark fin antennas that were the same color as the body.

Purchased and shipped yesterday. Getting the ball rolling...

2005 S40 T5 AWD M66 Sold
      1990 244 DL Sold
      1997 850 Sold
      2005 V70R M66

Does an USPS envelope from DaveBarton.com qualify?

:-p
      .:: 2K6 BBM V70 | 2K3 KH3 Xterra SE ::.

New endlinks, my old ones are getting really bad.

Nice corksport ones

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.
      Added: R Design Spoiler+Steering Wheel+Knob, K&N Air Filter Replacement, EuroSport Tuning Strut Bar, Borla CBE, Vibratechnics Rear Engine Mount, Forge Recirculation Valve, IPD Skidplate, KW V3

Quote Originally Posted by JN2k108 View Post
      Nice corksport ones
      Thanks! I got them from your recommendation. I didn't have anything against the IPD ones as they lasted a few years but wanted to try something new. Haven't got them installed yet so I'm crossing my fingers there isn't any fitment issue. I'm a bit strapped on cash so didn't want to spend the extra $ on the TKI ones.

Thanks! I got them from your recommendation. I didn't have anything against the IPD ones as they lasted a few years but wanted to try something new. Haven't got them installed yet so I'm crossing my fingers there isn't any fitment issue. I'm a bit strapped on cash so didn't want to spend the extra $ on the TKI ones.
      Nice , What do those weight in At ?
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

Yeah i like how there are a lot of less expensive alternatives out there... I say we should ask the Mazda aftermarket to make more stuff for us lol

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

New GT shifter blinds.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast