What did you buy for your car today - Post Pics - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast
      Wow - really look like everyone is getting Their Ride Ready - Big Time .

I would have liked to Buy this Item from the Brock Yates - estate sale .
      lol It weight 3000 lbs - Yeah Right - about $10,000 Table going for $6000.00 - someone got a sweet Deal - Burt Reynolds played on it for 1

[/IMG]

I bought some more of this as I sent what I had - Isacc so He won't have to order any to do His Brakes .
      [/IMG]

It looks like I have to bleed the Brakes again , as I was pissed about a Brake Line washer giving Me a Fit ,
      During the assembly Process - so I chucked it .
      Last edited by EngTech; 03-17-2012 at 08:00 PM.
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have yet to do the brake flush too.

It Not bad to do takes longer to get the Car up on all 4 corners . I though it might alright without the washer - it's a stock Brake line washer the goes between the Inside Hard
      Line and the Outside flex line . It's shaped like - Rams Horns - and is some what Springy . It pushes back against the Inside Bracket - to help hole the Flex Line - Still - as the
      Suspension moves Up & Down - seeing the New SS Lines have a slightly different end - Thought I could just Grab a slip on Clip . ( Auto Supply ) but Noooo . It's only moving a
      little and isn't rubbing on anything .

I score a matched set of Patio Torches - cast Iron one's ; Brock had around His Pool . Some Doctor bought Brock's Place , and Brut has lowered the Price on His Florida
      Property 10 million .
      Both these Guys selling around the same time .

If anyone Knows where I can get those Special Brake Line - Load Washers ?

I must have bent it open during dis-assembly , so It was Larger - LOL - and then I was trying to get the 2 Lines to Thread and Brake Fluid is leaking all over
      My Hands - very Slippery - it was late and into the 7th Hour . As I lost 2 hours at least - doing extra's and not having all the Tools I needed .
      Custom Hand Fitting the Heat Shields etc. - Painting everything .
      Last edited by EngTech; 03-17-2012 at 11:53 PM.
      ** V50 AWD - Handling & Performance Tweaks = New Stance / VW CC - Handling Tweaks - Testing & Porting - Intake Mods
      A Garden Gate will Last You a Life Time . http://s261.photobucket.com/user/Eng...0Trim%20%20etc

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This past week I've bought:

- My car. Officially paid off and bought back from insurance.
      - All 4 sides seatbelts
      - Passenger curtain airbag
      - Complete passenger front seat with SIPS airbag intact
      - Adjustable rear camber arms
      - front right tie rod

No pics yet as parts are still in transit and car is still at indie's shop. Although the tie rod has been installed, waiting on alignment. My car was too low for their alignment machine so have to take it elsewhere. The good news is she drives just fine, even though her alignment is slightly off.
      SATIN PEARL WHITE S40 T5 AWD with some sweet custom bodywork by concrete medians...

@ Carrera - great news! happy you are putting her back together!
      2006 V50 T5 AWD M66: 19" Heico's w/ Hankook & ISC Coilovers
      IPD TCV, skidplate VIVA CBV, Prosport boost & AFR gauges, 6000k hid
      ELEVATE: Turbo Pipe, RSB, autotech III, body kit, intake. IC piping
      EST: grille, Exhaust, DP, BELL FMIC Streetunit trans mount.

Got some items :

I ordered some generic TYC branded headlight lens assembly. My lens has deteriorated to the point where the entire surface is covered with minute fractures. I'll post pics when I get them.

^^ How much and from where? My lenses are showing their age...

On amazon.com, $150 per side shipped. The best price i got for the OEM assembly is $250 ea.

TYC 20-6858-00 - Driver Side (pre-facelift model years)
      TYC 20-6857-00 - Passenger Side (pre-facelift model years)
      Last edited by aldebaran; 04-04-2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Added part numbers

Close up of my hairline-fractured lens.

Wow ; haven't seen that before - Possible after market or have been baked to replace - got Me - just seems to suffered some Big Heat Issues .

Nope these are factory lens. Isn't it weird?

This is actually a pretty common issue with polycarbonate type plastics. A combination of exposure to UV and heating and cooling cycle over the yrs...

same issue to my mirror turn signal light covers.

It won't ever happen but in a way I wish they went back to using some real glass. Our cars wouldn't age like this.
      Last edited by TG; 04-07-2012 at 08:28 AM.
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
      This is actually a pretty common issue with polycarbonate type plastics. A combination of exposure to UV and heating and cooling cycle over the yrs...

same issue to my mirror turn signal light covers.
      It won't ever happen but in a way I wish they went back to using some real glass. Our cars wouldn't age like this.
      Mine started appearing around the top edges after two years. It gradually spread across the entire surface. I'm going to try using 303 Aerospace Protectant on the new assemblies and see how well it works.
      BTW I ordered another set of turn signal lenses too as mine are beginning to cloud over....again.

I've got glass lenses on the R, but they are hella expensive to replace...

Headlights just got in.

Old vs New

Difference is in the projector lens. The new one is clear whereas the Volvo OEM ones have fresnel treatments. The locking pin is made of cheap plastic with the TYC. Everything else is similar.
      Old (fresnel treatment on the glass lens)

New (optically clear)
      Last edited by aldebaran; 04-10-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Where did you order the headlight from? I need to replace mins soon

I got them from amazon.com

Got back from shopping at my dealership. New PCV hose, hose clamps, a set of turn signal lens cover, vacuum booster pump rubber isolators and two shifter blinds.

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
      and two shifter blinds.
      What do you need 2 shifter blind for

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
      I got them from amazon.com
      I'm guessing those are aftermarket ones!? So do they look and fit just like the OEMs?
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC | intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |IPD front end-links |Focus tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

i have been wanting to do that for a while now, but im going to wait til i can do a projector upgrade too.

i would look into getting some 3M clear protectant on those.

What do you need 2 shifter blind for
      They seem to be quite poorly designed and prone to failure. I wanted a few as spares, just in case.

I'm guessing those are aftermarket ones!? So do they look and fit just like the OEMs?
      Yes they are aftermarket. The fit was surprisingly good, not perfect, but very very good.

Picked up one of these.
      2007 S40 T5 AWD Elevate: FMIC, ETM, RASB, exhaust, AutoTech stage 3?, Full intake, silicone hose kit, HID's, LED DRL's, Elevate/Wilwood BBK, ATE rotors, Akebono rear pads, Di-Noc grill, front sport lip, ProSport boost gauge, Wideband A/F gauge, IPD black replica Pegs, Heico kit/ Elevate springs, SPC rear camber arms, Sport steering wheel, IPD HD coils, K16
      2005 V50 T5 AWD Ate Rotors, Akebono pads

Quote Originally Posted by nkreig View Post
      Picked up one of these.
      Nice! You're going to like the new IC . . .

New motor, stage 2 clutch, 3" down pipe and Optima Red Top for the car in the last couple of weeks. All ready for the swap to begin....

Oh wait... not for my S40 lol.

Nice! You're going to like the new IC . . .
      Yeah, i'm excited about this. I hope to have a DP in a few months. I have the breaking and handling up to par so, it's time to address the performance and cosmetic stuff.
      2007 S40 T5 AWD Elevate: FMIC, ETM, RASB, exhaust, AutoTech stage 3?, Full intake, silicone hose kit, HID's, LED DRL's, Elevate/Wilwood BBK, ATE rotors, Akebono rear pads, Di-Noc grill, front sport lip, ProSport boost gauge, Wideband A/F gauge, IPD black replica Pegs, Heico kit/ Elevate springs, SPC rear camber arms, Sport steering wheel, IPD HD coils, K16
      2005 V50 T5 AWD Ate Rotors, Akebono pads

Quote Originally Posted by Moofluffen View Post
      New motor, stage 2 clutch, 3" down pipe and Optima Red Top for the car in the last couple of weeks. All ready for the swap to begin....

Oh wait... not for my S40 lol.
      Lol, I'm starting to read this and I'm telling my self:" NEW MOTOR??! " . . . the car is brand new!!!
      And I continue to the end . . .

Yeah, i'm excited about this. I hope to have a DP in a few months. I have the breaking and handling up to par so, it's time to address the performance and cosmetic stuff.
      It's so interesting to see how everyone has approached upgrading from a different angle. My sig tell you the order how I did it...

Lol, I'm starting to read this and I'm telling my self:" NEW MOTOR??! " . . . the car is brand new!!!
      And I continue to the end . . .
      lol yeah I only have 21,000 miles on the S40. Hopefully the motor is still good

Picked up one of these.
      It looks beefy. How does the factory IC look and perform in comparison?

I wonder, how do they rate HP capacity on an intercooler? I'm not talking about horse power gain since that has to do more with the efficiency of cooling the air vs. flow rate . . .
      it doesn't seem to be about volume size of the core so what is it? Maybe it's about air pressure dropping above a certain flow...

It's not that important in a practical application since only a very few of us will ever get to that power level but it would satisfy my curiosity...

Nice IC - Nate , what made You choose that one ?

TG , IC ? :

1. PSI Drop
      2. Btu Removal Capability - Core Quality / Mass / Tank Design
      3. Mass

Bought a timing belt kit from ipd. Getting my dealer to do it though...I'm not messing with this. Nuh-uh.. LOL.

2005 S40 T5 AWD M66 Sold
      1990 244 DL Sold
      1997 850 Sold
      2005 V70R M66

^^Nice big black shiny boxy thing!

Cool Canadian Air !

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast