Zeljko_M's R - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zeljko_M's R

Some fresh updates are here.
      The charge cooler's radiator is mounted. Fuel and coolant hoses have been installed and protected with a piece of SS flat bar. We have decided to run the fuel return line just in case if in future we'll need to upgrade to FPR with return line.

Pics

SR, MT, TiGray Gobi; slow project...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My phone camera is toasted and I have only few pictures to update.

We have finally received the car from great man who did all the work on charge cooler, inlet manifold and many other things.

The empty engine has been removed and exhaust manifold, turbine exhaust housing and DP are being sent for ceramic coating.

subbed
      2001 BMW 330i (Sold )
      2005 Volvo S60r M66 (Current)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very Nice Zeljko..." The best built on SS."

cool pics too...not just of a rod, a valve... ect...lol

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      Very Nice Zeljko..." The best built on SS."

cool pics too...not just of a rod, a valve... ect...lol
      I owe you for this comment!
      Thank you dougy!

It is really taking great amount of time in between the various steps we take. For example, the manifolds could be ceramic coated tomorrow, but if I wait till the end of October then I'll be able to get higher temperature rated ceramic coating. And while we are spending so much effort in the project why would we miss the chance of doing a better job for almost the same price... That kind of attitude got us where we are now, but the price is knowing you've got it but you can only think about driving it

" The best built on SS."
      +1
      totally stock.. honest

Quote Originally Posted by jstro View Post
      +1
      Thanks!

It's been a while.
      We have had some issues with getting the engine back together. The connecting rods which were delivered (might be my mistake as I have assumed that the K1 con rods were in the deal) were found to be of unknown brand and they seemed a bit soft to the touch... Long story short, new Carrillo con rods are already in the shop and the lower end should get assembled soon.

I've never mentioned, the crank shaft was slightly modified and balanced. There we have run in to another issue with SPEC single mass flywheel which seems to have a little play around the crank. Enough to slide a piece of paper in between. :/ Not hard to be disappointed with the high dollar parts, not at all.
      Any how, the clutch will have to stay in for now. I’ll have to give it a chance…

Some pictures

Washing that dirty block

ENEM valve springs. There springs are something to consider if you are looking in to upgrading the cam shafts. I’ve ended up with the largest cams which would fit unmodified RN head. If I’m not wrong the specs are 264/110/9.6. No pictures of them, forgot to trigger

The inconel exhaust valves which came with the engine had to be replaced. They were machined wrong and the valve collets snapped without even running the engine. We were lucky to find that in time.
      New valves are made of one piece of inconel. There is only one groove for the collets to hold on. Now we need to get all the new valve tapes and that should complete the head.

The crank.

Exhaust header finally got some nice coating. Now we’ll warp it in the DEI titanium heat warp and she will be ready to go as soon as we prepare the engine.

And from another angle. Just in case if someone is egger to weld a little

Header, DP and turbine’s exhaust housing coated, and packed in the sponge. No chance to chip the coat

Well, that’s about it for now.
      I hope to bring some more good news soon.

Cheers

OK , since it is all ready to ship out...i'll pm my address and it'll be out on it's way to me...

very nice !

Quote Originally Posted by Zeljko_M View Post
      Some fresh updates are here.
      The charge cooler's radiator is mounted. Fuel and coolant hoses have been installed and protected with a piece of SS flat bar. We have decided to run the fuel return line just in case if in future we'll need to upgrade to FPR with return line.

Pics

Good decision on the fuel return line.

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      OK , since it is all ready to ship out...i'll pm my address and it'll be out on it's way to me...

very nice !
      Ha ha ha, you don't want me to drive it to you in this 430whp scooby ? It is powered by efr too

Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
      Good decision on the fuel return line.
      Thanks,
      It will be unused for now. If we manage to get the motronic up and running then it will be used to supply the rail from the other side too.

But if we fail, I'm almost certain that Stand alone ems will require that return line.

Thanks,
      It will be unused for now. If we manage to get the motronic up and running then it will be used to supply the rail from the other side too.

But if we fail, I'm almost certain that Stand alone ems will require that return line.
      It will work, assuming the hardware is right for the task. Daniel is a very skilled tuner and software engineer, a friend of mine. Marcs R in Germany is a beast!

I'm toying with the idea of going return system myself. I have no need at this point though.

Is he really coding in 5 EGT sensors? What year is your car?

I'm not sure Daniel will like your choice of clutch he has broke a few V Performance make their own ones also which the German R runs past 700nm.

It's a great project, best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream3r View Post
      It will work, assuming the hardware is right for the task. Daniel is a very skilled tuner and software engineer, a friend of mine. Marcs R in Germany is a beast!

I'm toying with the idea of going return system myself. I have no need at this point though.

Is he really coding in 5 EGT sensors? What year is your car?

I'm not sure Daniel will like your choice of clutch he has broke a few V Performance make their own ones also which the German R runs past 700nm.

It's a great project, best of luck.
      Hi,
      We have Bosch "044" pump which is mounted right next to the swirl pot. The original fuel pump should supply the swirl pot with the fuel from the tank. My intention is to run the 044 via the PWM pump regulator and the original pump in the tank should be re wired to work on 12v with no load regulation. The return from the swirl pot should circulate back to the main tank. We'll have to see if it's gonna work well.

I've heard only the best about Daniel. My expectations are high

He said that he can integrate 5 EGTs via CAN interface. So far I haven't solved the hardware part of it but there are two units in development stage.

Well, I'm not satisfied with that kit. But it is here and I'll give it a go.
      I've got some string in Helix and there are slight chances to get one made for my car. I'll leave it as a second option and if spec will not keep up with the torque than I'll see what we can do about it.
      I've tried Gerry's clutch and it is way to stiff for a DD car. Maybe I'd get used to it
      I know that Gerry is avoiding summer traffic because of that

700Nm would be where I'm thinking we'd be at. But as mentioned earlier, no expectations. I just want it to drive.

Thank you for comments and advice.
      Say hi to Daniel and ask him if he's got some stickers

I think the Ford RS clutches from Helix are a straight fit, although I have been unable to get an answer from someone who sells them!

http://www.sitechracing.co.uk/mk2-fo...rs/Trasmission

I am trying to get hold of the owner here to find out. But on the RS it holds 600 front wheel HP @ 1.9 BAR

Thanks for the info. I'll see with my local helix distributor and probably end up placing an order much sooner than planned.

There are days and moments in your life which are so special that the moments them self call for a special bottle to be brought out on the table.

And then you can let the time pass... For hours if you have to.

Until you are ready for it;

One step at the time;

Slowly;

So there is the box.

I'll finish my cognac first.

Cognac is slow going pleasure. So is opening of that box too.

Well, what's in side that box should be the last major peace of the puzzle. All other things are not that big of a deal and I should be able to run the car soon.

I'm not sure if I'll have a dyno graph any time soon as the fine tune should be done about 1100km from where I live now, and that might happen on spring i reckon. So once I get the car going it should be limited to 1Bar boost and around 600Nm of torque.

Do you have a pic of the manifold fitted to the head? Im curious about the clearance for the egt probes.

Great build so far
      Last edited by BlkT5; 12-23-2015 at 12:03 PM.
      95 850 T-5R - Stock
      98 S70 T5M - Heavily modded
      00 V70 R 6MT - 03 T5 motor M66 AWD swapped
      04 V70 R 6MT - Stock
      05 S60 R 6MT - Stock

The engine and the manifold are still not in the car. I'll have that fitted by the end of January I hope. I'll take few pictures for you then.
      Thanks for the compliment!

Oh, the cognac is almost gone!

I must have missed what turbo you will be using? Hopefully no issues with internal wastegate.
      95 850 T-5R - Stock
      98 S70 T5M - Heavily modded
      00 V70 R 6MT - 03 T5 motor M66 AWD swapped
      04 V70 R 6MT - Stock
      05 S60 R 6MT - Stock

I went for the BW EFR7670 A/R0.83 IWG. As for what I have read, and talked to some clever people, this should be more than enough for what I need. I still need to run her and see how she will run. I'm sure I'll be literal with my observations, and as I have VIDA and DICE I might make some interesting logs for you guys.

The glass is empty!

And I've opened the lid!

Mmmm sweet!

I'm not sure if I'll have a dyno graph any time soon as the fine tune should be done about 1100km from where I live now, and that might happen on spring i reckon. So once I get the car going it should be limited to 1Bar boost and around 600Nm of torque.
      Seems a bit overly optimistic to think that 1 Bar is going to make that much torque. I'm guessing closer to 500Nm till you get a tune and can run some real boost numbers.

And there it is, the ECU that I was waiting for patiently;

Well, that opens up the door to finish up my project. I'm looking forward to hear it running!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyS60R View Post
      Seems a bit overly optimistic to think that 1 Bar is going to make that much torque. I'm guessing closer to 500Nm till you get a tune and can run some real boost numbers.
      Too early to say how much power the engine will make. I know what are the limits before I get the final tune.

Looking forward to the finish as that is the same Turbo we are planning for my build. Also look like a new source for a high end tuner
      2006 V70R Black GT 377 awhp TME Exhaust, Girodisc 2 piece rotors IPD Sway bars, HD end links, Strut Brace, Poly engine mounts EST CAI, Silicone hose kits, SNABB intake, IPD HO coils,Enem Y21, CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ElectronicsSPA digital Boost/EGT, ScanGauge II, Bel STiR ,Laser Interceptor HD front jammer, Mobileye collision avoidance system , LED interior lighting, ImiV, 2 USB, AARP member,

Oho, I'm excited to hear that you are looking to take the same route with the turbo. Just don't limit your expectations to a number of horses that you should see on a dyno graph. This turbo is large enough to put a smile on your face every day!

I have heard only excellent feedback from people who run the SW from Mr. Daniel. I'll let you know how things will go with my project.

Today I've ordered some NORD-LOCK M8 and M10 locking washers for my exhaust header and the turbo. This should keep the gaskets pressed tight and prevent any leaks due to loosen nuts.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast