SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What did you do to your R today!?!?

3M views 18K replies 1K participants last post by  kyngofpop 
#1 ·
So over on my Nissan forum they have this thread, and basically the thread is so you can post what you installed today, if you washed her. Painted the calipers, did a tune up... Whatever!!! Lol new shift knob ect.. It's a really kool thread over there so I decided to start one here

Reactions: ants_on_seadoos
#2 ·
added the Unorthodox Racing lw crank pulley and UltraRacing rear strut brace within the last two weeks.

#3 ·
Added gauge cluster surround pod & boost gauge, CF mirror caps, CF shift knob, machined oil filler cap.
Two weeks back, CAI & new filter.

#17,029 ·

Introduced the R to a friend of my friend girls that owns a C6 Corvette. Since I’m considering a C6 ZR1 he was shocked at the R. He had no CLUE what it was or that Volvo even made a performance car. He came to my house and looked the car over and was like “the wheels and body kit? Is that STANDARD?!”

I said “do you wanna take a ride?” He agreed. Well I took him for a ride and he was HOOKED! Showed him my 19” Pegasus replicas that will go on when the current 17”’s wear out and he was just shocked that this car even EXISTED!

His car is faster than mine but it’s not DD worthy. He wants a car with this much power to haul his family around. His GF (my bff gurl friend) loved every minute of it because it’s helping him consider a “NORMAL” car for their new family.

I’m looking at C6 Corvettes but this personal connection felt awesome. He was take aback at the 5 cylinder turbos whoosh of power and how if made him “hang on”.

Regardless, that’s what I did with my R today. A new fan.

Best Birthday EVER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk we
Great post. Happy birfday. The R and AWD are magnificent gifts to humanity. May your 5 cylinder last for a million miles and many more gurl frenns...

#7 ·
Looks like this is going to be a keeper lol

#13 ·
Yea no... That thread died fast.. And was from 09....
My thread is new alive and kicking ass
:) :D :p

#15 ·
Stored my caR :( It was sad but an Intercooler, WMI, and IPD stage 2 tune are sitting at home waiting to be installed before she gets back on the road in June.

#18 ·
Cars aren't people. Don't call it "she."

#petpeeves

Decided to make my own "R" out of my Miata. Dropping it off on Tuesday for a cage, new race motor, clutch/fw, diff mounts, race seat, harness, exhaust, and brakes. It already has a header, adjustable shocks, and a FSB.

#19 ·
Needs pics!

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

#21 ·
Brand new bumper, grille, and winglets today!

Reactions: EricVolvoR
#25 ·

Installed some spacers. 10mm up front and 15 in the back. Changed the look more than expected, but I love it!

#29 ·
1. Put summer wheels/tires back on the R last night. It was 56 degrees F yesterday and forecast calls for upper 30s and low 40s for the next week and little/no precipitation. After that, mid 30s. I was tired of wasting/shredding my winter tires (Blizzak WS60). This winter has sucked plums! Where is the snow?!?!
2. Oil change last night.
3. Worked on a sticking caliper last night - a result of my bad wheel bearing.
4. Lost passenger side moose decal this morning. Guess I have to drive slower (I wonder what their speed rating is?) and order some replacements... It was on last night, but noticed it was gone this morning when I gave it a quick wash (soapy pressure wash). Thankfully, have a spare one in the garage.

#32 ·
Bought new strutbearings, xc90 spring seats, xc70 reinforced front rear bushings from the local volvo dealer. Ordered powerflex for the front lca bushing. Still don't have all.. New ball joints and tie rods would be nice to change when everything else is being changed.

And TME springs in the same time.. IPD sways is aldready bought..

Expensive but when all is done i hope it will run like a queen again. :) NO engine mods until suspension and brakes is perfect.

#33 ·
Don't we already have a thread similar to this?

#36 ·
Ordered some 18x8 OZ Ultraleggeras for the R :)

Reducing unsprung & rotational mass FTW!

#39 ·
Lol. Doesn't he usually delete his own posts?

I'm still just learning about performance caRs but saving weight at the wheels seems like a simple and effective mod that can improve so much more that just HP performance.

#40 ·
I'm still just learning about performance caRs but saving weight at the wheels seems like a simple and effective mod that can improve so much more that just HP performance.
Now you need some two-piece rotors.

#41 ·
Now I need more $$$ for turbo back exhaust and a tune :)

Want to buy my snowmobile? lol.