Motorola Atrix Bluetooth Pairing/connection problem
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Motorola Atrix Bluetooth Pairing/connection problem

HI

I have recently changed from an Iphone to a Motorola Atrix but am having difficulty getting it to connect.

The Iphone worked flawlessly.

The Motorola not so. it shows as "paired but not connected" If I manually select the connect button on the phone it will sometimes connect but often drops out.

for what it is worth I believe the the problem is with the phone and not the XC60.

Anyone else had this problem and know of a fix?

thanks

I work for a gateway company that provides a product that handheld devices connect to. There seems to be more than the usual interop issues with this device. It also behaves different than other Android devices. However, this is not the only Android device that we are seeing major issues with. The only suggestion I have right now is to monitor for Atrix software updates. Or, return the Atrix and get another device to show vendors early release of products is not acceptable. Good luck on your Alpha testing
      2012 XC60 R Design, electric silver, off-black, platinum/climate/tech/BLIS, OSD in Nov 2011
      Former: 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, OSD in Oct 2003
      2013 Jaguar XJ

Dunno about the Atrix, but I have had some success with "problem" phones by reversing the standard pairing procedure. Delete the phone, then initiate pairing from the phone and put the car Bluetooth Hands-Free in discoverable mode. No guarantee, but it might be worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      Dunno about the Atrix, but I have had some success with "problem" phones by reversing the standard pairing procedure. Delete the phone, then initiate pairing from the phone and put the car Bluetooth Hands-Free in discoverable mode. No guarantee, but it might be worth a shot.

Concur, this is how I got my phone to work
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/HID6k

I have a Motorola Photon which is a sibling to the ATRIX. I had a similar problem until I realized that there was a secondary pairing that I was missing. A request was being made to access the phonebook. Once I saw this notification and answered in the affirmative my problems disappeared.

HI

thanks for the advice. I tried all of the above with no luck...so I "politely" took my Atrix back to the phone dealer and "asked nicely" for a different phone.

I now have an iphone4s and so far so good.

Once again thanks.