SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Volvo's new S60 race car for the TTA Elitserien Racing

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  JARMO 
#1 ·

Volvo has already announced in August last year of moving to TTA - Elitserien Racing for the 2012, and today they released the first pictures of the new race car.

FULL STORY

See less See more
#2 ·
Bad A$$ for sure! I'm closing my eyes envisioning what Volvo/PoleStar could do with the S60. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Merc AMG "Black Series" C-class, but far less expensive than $100,000. I'm thinking something in the low-to-mid 50's. Do you think PoleStar could get 450HP out of the T6 with the proper transmission upgrades?

#5 ·
Bad A$$ for sure! I'm closing my eyes envisioning what Volvo/PoleStar could do with the S60. I'm thinking something along the lines of a Merc AMG "Black Series" C-class, but far less expensive than $100,000. I'm thinking something in the low-to-mid 50's.
Yes, that would be tremendous and I can also envision this as well...:cool: However, such a car is impossible to cost in the low $50Ks

Do you think PoleStar could get 450HP out of the T6 with the proper transmission upgrades?
Engine internals would have to get upgraded, as well. Much like AMG does to the MB engine blocks.

#3 ·
I LOVE this look. its like DTM and Kpax had a baby and it is Naughty alright!! ya know I think it couuld be a black series type car. Maybe price point at 60-70 still way less than a Caddy CTS-V and waaaay less then the black series itself. But have to be no holds barred wideopen run what ya brung! let the engineers go wild dont hold them back and make it just how it needs to be. Yes its alittle loud and rides alittle harsh but that is what is going to have to be done in this market. Pleeease make a new R TTA edition.

#4 · (Edited)
What is TTA?
Euro or USA racing? (I guess by the name, Euro, too bad)
I LOVE this car!

BTW I don't know if many of you are aware of this; K-Pax is putting together about 20 C30 cars for the street, most will be on the West Coast.

Not sure of Polestar is too happy but if you snooze, you lose! :D

Keystone Volvo is the only East Coast dealer, they already have their car here and will be putting it together shortly, the parts have just arrived.

Steve Owens (the service manager) has offered me to be their ONLY retail customer to do a drive and evaluation.:thumbup:
(I guess I'm still relevent to someone even in my gereatric state of being)
Luckily the nerve in my leg and ankle has gotten a bit better, (healing), not perfect, but I can shift again :cool:
I don't know the full specs yet, something like about 300+ hp, full suspension, brakes and (I think) some body kit parts.
I think it will be reasonable, I was told under 40K for the full pop car

#6 ·
You in CA yet?

#8 ·
Got a new house yet or are you doing to hotel thing?
Where are the wife and kids
I mean which job are you doing now, new, old, BOTH!

#9 ·
Need more info on those wheels!!!

Where can I get a set like that? I was thinking of doing Propus style wheels on my R, but those look AMAZING!

#14 ·
That would never sell, where is my S60 D3 (138hp) with cloth interior?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.