Advice needed: rear windows and exterior mirrors not functioning.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Advice needed: rear windows and exterior mirrors not functioning.

I replaced the drivers side mirror (everything, not just the glass). I tested the motor to be sure it worked before I buttoned up the door panel.

Once I finished the project, the rear windows and mirrors (both) electronics will not function.

Before I pull the panel off again, any advice? I checked the fuse and it is still good.

Thx

It's always helpful if you post the year and model of your car when requesting assistance.
      You might consider adding a signature line to your profile information to provide it.

If you're working with a '98-'00 S/V 70, the windows and mirrors are protected by an auto reset
      circuit breaker in fuse location 37. You can't access this breaker without removing the fuse box cover.
      This breaker also handles the sunroof. Does the sunroof operate? If so, you may have simply unplugged
      something during reassembly. The master window switch can be removed without pulling the entire door
      panel and you can easily check those connections. It pulls straight up out of the armrest.

If the sunroof fails to operate, the breaker may have tripped. That'll take down windows, sunroof and mirrors.
      It wouldn't be the first time that it's happened due to a dirty/melted master window switch contact.
      See this link for more info on disassembling and cleaning the window master switch:
      http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...hp?f=1&t=38245

You can also download comlete diagrams here:
      http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/volvo-wiring-diagrams/
      '98 V70 R - Is the AWD worth it? You Betcha!

Check to see if you can roll down the windows in the rear, using the rear controls. If you can, then there is probably something up with the master control thingy.
      1995 850 T5R Yellow Wagon - Lightly modded
      1998 V70 N/A, nautic blue/charcoal - Mediumly modded
      1996 850R Wagon, black/black - Heavily modded

The door switches are wired between the master and the windows.
      If the power doesn't get through the master, the doors won't work.
      '98 V70 R - Is the AWD worth it? You Betcha!

Thanks for the feedback - I thought being posted in the 98-00 forum would provide the detail needed on the model. I will update/add a signature - thought I had one.

Thanks all - the connection came undone.