WTK: good exhaust shop in the NoVA/DC metro area for custom exhaust
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

WTK: good exhaust shop in the NoVA/DC metro area for custom exhaust

Anyone know a good one that'll do a good, 3" catback exhaust and not cost an arm AND a leg.

I'm planning on bringing my own muffler, tip, and resonator; they just need to measure, cut, and weld

I got quoted almost $1k at one place near me, and they do performance exhausts on bimmers and porsches. For that kind of coin I'll just cough up for the IPD exhaust and put it on myself.
      Volvo: Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object 2004 S60 R GT, Black Sapphire/Nordkap, 05+ center console and tails, UR braces top and bottom, lots of poly, 12mm front and 17mm rear custom spacers. 3" turboback exhaust (CNT/Elevate), silicone charge pipe, EST filter, RKelly intake (and lots more)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfenix87 View Post
      Anyone know a good one that'll do a good, 3" catback exhaust and not cost an arm AND a leg.

I'm planning on bringing my own muffler, tip, and resonator; they just need to measure, cut, and weld

I got quoted almost $1k at one place near me, and they do performance exhausts on bimmers and porsches. For that kind of coin I'll just cough up for the IPD exhaust and put it on myself.
      The iPd unit is sweet, if you're not going quad, you mine as well go iPd!

Whats wrong with the OBX kit?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ0920 View Post
      Whats wrong with the OBX kit?
      nothing inherently. i like single pipe setups though as they are a little more efficient in moving the gases and are a little louder

also ipd's is oval piped. awesome!
      Volvo: Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object 2004 S60 R GT, Black Sapphire/Nordkap, 05+ center console and tails, UR braces top and bottom, lots of poly, 12mm front and 17mm rear custom spacers. 3" turboback exhaust (CNT/Elevate), silicone charge pipe, EST filter, RKelly intake (and lots more)

Ya I agree, the only thing about the single pipe is clearance. One of the local guys in my area had a local shop do a 3" catback for cheap, I haven't seen it yet but maybe we could all meet up and check it out.

i'd be down.

i also just realized George sells the sport rear bumper! Not painted, but relatively affordable

If your willing to drive a little further MBS in Pasadena, MD does an amazing job and also very friendly guys. Just google Mandrel Bend Solutions in google and their site should pop up and they have pictures and video of their work.

Here is a link.

http://www.mandrelbend.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 Volvo S60R Ti/Nordkap *NAV, Climate Package, Premium Package, 18" Flat Black Retarded Flying Horse Wheels, 10mm spacers (all around), Engine Stabilizer Upper Polyurethane Bushing, HD Polyurethane Transmission Mount, Polyurethane Upper Engine Mount, GROM iPOD unit, 2 10" Infinity Subs, Phuzzy Motorsports HD-TCV, 3.5" Air Intake, Green Calipers, UR Brace Bars (Upper Front and Rear), IPD DEM Shield*

Quote Originally Posted by ions View Post
      If your willing to drive a little further MBS in Pasadena, MD does an amazing job and also very friendly guys. Just google Mandrel Bend Solutions in google and their site should pop up and they have pictures and video of their work.

Here is a link.

Hum, wonder who's R is this?

http://www.mandrelbend.com/mandrelbe...?ContentId=125
      2004 V70R - Phuz FMIC / OBX downpipe / 3" Magnaflow Performace Cat / Custom 3" catback with Magnaflow muffler / K&N air filter / Rkelly Intake mod / StopTech slotted and crossed drilled rotors / StopTech performance pads / IPD Sport Springs / Poly mounts / LED interior bulbs / Grom / Matte Black Pegs

Quote Originally Posted by ions View Post

Here is a link.

I'm not a cheapo, but I am curious what their rates are. I know you got a dual system there, so I'm curious what their part of time/labor was [assuming you brought some of your own parts]

Quote Originally Posted by fallenfenix87 View Post
      I'm not a cheapo, but I am curious what their rates are. I know you got a dual system there, so I'm curious what their part of time/labor was [assuming you brought some of your own parts]
      you can get a custom made DP and a dual system, all pipes and mufflers, tips for around $1100 which isn't too shabby.
      2005 Volvo S60R Ti/Nordkap *NAV, Climate Package, Premium Package, 18" Flat Black Retarded Flying Horse Wheels, 10mm spacers (all around), Engine Stabilizer Upper Polyurethane Bushing, HD Polyurethane Transmission Mount, Polyurethane Upper Engine Mount, GROM iPOD unit, 2 10" Infinity Subs, Phuzzy Motorsports HD-TCV, 3.5" Air Intake, Green Calipers, UR Brace Bars (Upper Front and Rear), IPD DEM Shield*

I would only go dual if i had the sport bumper...which i dont yet...and the bumper will $400 shipped from George...then have to get it painted for more $$$.

Thanks for the info though...and will conider it!

They can do a single system also silly

I know that!!! Im on my phone and hate typing on this thing.

So i guess i have to decide if $1200 for cnt dp and ipd exhaust is better than $1200 for custom turboback.