rendered xc40
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Thread: rendered xc40

rendered xc40

so it sounds like we are still a long way from an xc40 debut and this is technically the v40 forum, but I guess since its related to the v40 here goes. If the US gets it it will be my next car, otherwise I may have an BMW x1 in my future. In any case. this website has posted a picture of what an xc40 might look like and I like what they are getting at. I have a c30 now and had an xc60 last year...and quite frankly, love both, but the xc60 drove too big and sucked gas for all my city driving. The c30 is nimble and quick but also sucks gas for its size and it didnt handle the rutted roads of Denver in winter too well. I would love an xc40 with a turbo 4 with AWD that gets low 20s city and low 30s highway...

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/04/v...over-rendering

Also, They announced today that the new 4 cyl turbo 2013 BMW X3 28xdrivei will get 21 city 30 hwy...that blows the xc60 3.2 out of the water and when you put that engine in the upcoming X1, its bound to be a hoot and a half to drive, and hit 22-23 city and low 30s highway...Volvo has their trucklet work cut out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ptpatrick View Post
      so it sounds like we are still a long way from an xc40 debut and this is technically the v40 forum, but I guess since its related to the v40 here goes. If the US gets it it will be my next car, otherwise I may have an BMW x1 in my future. In any case. this website has posted a picture of what an xc40 might look like and I like what they are getting at. I have a c30 now and had an xc60 last year...and quite frankly, love both, but the xc60 drove too big and sucked gas for all my city driving. The c30 is nimble and quick but also sucks gas for its size and it didnt handle the rutted roads of Denver in winter too well. I would love an xc40 with a turbo 4 with AWD that gets low 20s city and low 30s highway...

http://indianautosblog.com/2012/04/v...over-rendering

Also, They announced today that the new 4 cyl turbo 2013 BMW X3 28xdrivei will get 21 city 30 hwy...that blows the xc60 3.2 out of the water and when you put that engine in the upcoming X1, its bound to be a hoot and a half to drive, and hit 22-23 city and low 30s highway...Volvo has their trucklet work cut out for them.
      What an awful rendering!

Are you kidding? That's gorgeous!

I rather like it. Let's have some hope for this one, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      T Schroeder Jr
      Sales Manager, Bob Byers' Ravenna Volvo
      2008 V50 T5 AWD A SR, Titanium Grey/Quartz; 2011 C30 T5 R-Design M SR, Cosmic White/Off-black

Who you trying to kid? We know you just want any vehicle to sell at this point. :P
      2004 S60R Titanium/Atacama-Spec SM Flywheel, Phuz DP & FMIC, IPD HD TCV, UR F/R Strut Tower Brace, IPD UEM Bushing, IPD LTM. On-the-shelf-UR pulley, UR Lower F&R Braces, IPD HD Front Endlinks, Takspeed Titanium shims, Takspeed SS Brake lines, Takspeed R Pen
      2009 XC90 V8 RDesign Titanium-Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, SS Brake lines, Rear R Calipers (On-Shelf wont fit with rims)

I'd drive this without even a moment's hesitation. Things could be quite interesting when my lease is up in 2015 with the Q3, X1 and XC40 kicking around.
      2012 Volvo S60 T5 - Vibrant Copper, Beechwood/Off Black - Premium, Climate, Xenons, Njords

I really hope Volvo don't put those fog lights on the back bumper as they have done since the C30 came out. Absolutely daft - another thing to replace if you get hit from the rear in a car park. It wasn't always like this on Volvo's from the past!

Quote Originally Posted by nickjs1984 View Post
      I'd drive this without even a moment's hesitation. Things could be quite interesting when my lease is up in 2015 with the Q3, X1 and XC40 kicking around.
      I can guarantee you that you will have some very pleasing choices to choose from, in 2015...
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD R-design, Crystal White Pearl w/ Front Heated Seats/Platinum/BLIS package

I want to see the new XC90 and C60. >.>

Definitely a nice rendering and its accuracy seems pretty good too! Hopefully we get that here in the US with the new engines in it and not priced to hell. Its got the Infiniti EX vibe thats in between a car and a crossover kinda like a Mini countryman that's less childish.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      Actually I meant that the rendering is just a simple photoshop of the v40, it will probable look a bit more different than the v40.