Best downpipe for my 2006 R - opinions/recommendations? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by dave_n_ruth View Post
      Not this summer. We were planning to drive to Norway next May for the Constitution festival. We hear it's a great time. We have not figured out a route yet.
      Come on!!!
      S60R 2005,Blackmet,M66c,Atacama,TME Spec.ECU,TME 3" downpipe,TME catback,VIVA 3" Turbo intake pipe,VIVA FMIC
      http://imgur.com/a/dCyvk

Not this summer. We were planning to drive to Norway next May for the Constitution festival. We hear it's a great time. We have not figured out a route yet.
      Come on!!!
      S60R 2005,Blackmet,M66c,Atacama,TME Spec.ECU,TME 3" downpipe,TME catback,VIVA 3" Turbo intake pipe,VIVA FMIC

Quote Originally Posted by R.Photo View Post
      The best cat is no cat

(link in signature)
      Lol! Ya i still have to pass emissions though.
      2006 S60R GT, OBX exhaust, ss braided brake lines, cross drilled rotors, RICA ECU upgrade, Snabb intake, KN air filter, Phuzz TCV, CFW winglets, ADR 19" rims with 12mm wheel spacers.

The best cat is no cat

(link in signature)
      There is no scientific proof that running a high-flow cat is any less beneficial than no cat.....at least i don't have a headache from noxious fumes.
      2004 S60R MT Titanium Gray w/ Gobi Interior | MONSTROUS Stage Bro 23PSI Tune by HiltonTuning | CXRACING: FMIC | AEM & DevilsOwn: Meth Injection Hybrid | ARD: 11 Blade | OBX: Downpipe| Catback: CUSTOM BUILT | Snabb: Intake Pipe | ViVA: UR Braces, CBV(FORGE), Shifter Bushings | TWM: M1 Abrams, Short Shifter | IPD: VR TS Sways, U/L Poly Mounts, Strut Bar Poly, Sport Springs| H&R: 10mm/15mm | Swedish Boost Mafia | AMSOIL Authorized Dealer

Senior Member 850arrrsaylikepirate's Avatar
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr R! View Post
      The TME downpipes rocks! Swedish quality all the way!!
      I've got one and it is nice. Since you are local to TME I'd say go with them, screw the OBX China crap, support your local business
      2006 S60R - Black Sapphire~Nordkap~GT~iPd Track Spec Sways~TME Springs~TME DP-Exhaust~Bell FMIC~iMIV~E-Codes
      2009 XC90 3.2 AWD - aka the kiddo hauler
      1997 4x4 Nissan - Fook mi this thing is slow

Quote Originally Posted by Vio-TT-R View Post
      There is no scientific proof that running a high-flow cat is any less beneficial than no cat.....at least i don't have a headache from noxious fumes.
      What are you talking about.... Granted it's not a huge difference, but there absolutely is scientific evidence of this. It's called flow. If something obstructs flow of something, it slows it down, end of story. Put a paper towel over a fan and see if it puts out the same amount of air.

What are you talking about.... Granted it's not a huge difference, but there absolutely is scientific evidence of this. It's called flow. If something obstructs flow of something, it slows it down, end of story. Put a paper towel over a fan and see if it puts out the same amount of air.
      Enjoy your 1hp gain, over removal of a 49state legal High-Flow Cat, as well as a stinky, pollution prone exhaust. I'll keep mine in to pass inspection and avoid fines.
      2004 S60R MT Titanium Gray w/ Gobi Interior | MONSTROUS Stage Bro 23PSI Tune by HiltonTuning | CXRACING: FMIC | AEM & DevilsOwn: Meth Injection Hybrid | ARD: 11 Blade | OBX: Downpipe| Catback: CUSTOM BUILT | Snabb: Intake Pipe | ViVA: UR Braces, CBV(FORGE), Shifter Bushings | TWM: M1 Abrams, Short Shifter | IPD: VR TS Sways, U/L Poly Mounts, Strut Bar Poly, Sport Springs| H&R: 10mm/15mm | Swedish Boost Mafia | AMSOIL Authorized Dealer

Enjoy your 1hp gain, over removal of a 49state legal High-Flow Cat, as well as a stinky, pollution prone exhaust. I'll keep mine in to pass inspection and avoid fines.
      But I like seeing flames fart out the exhaust

In all honesty I agree with you. Running CATless is not cool nor seriously beneficial.
      2006 S60R - Black Sapphire~Nordkap~GT~iPd Track Spec Sways~TME Springs~TME DP-Exhaust~Bell FMIC~iMIV~E-Codes

I haven't gotten any fines, and always pass inspection.

You wouldn't in Cali.

[QUOTE=850arrrsaylikepirate;1888615]But I like seeing flames fart out the exhaust
      [QUOTE]

Wait... WHAT!?! Can I fart flames from my R's exhaust now? I must do this
      2006 S60R MT //Sapphicap//Sport_Premium_Climate_Convenience//18" OZ Ultraleggeras//TME Springs//phMIC//Viva SM Flywheel//OBX DP//Ipd: Boost Gauge & Poly Upper Engine + Trans Mount//Bob Vila//EST Exhaust//Fitzy Gauge Pod//

1999 Chevy Suburban. Beastly.

In all honesty, I don't mind cat-less. I ran that way for like a week, but the headache that I kept getting from driving and 2 minute waiting periods at lights just proved to me how noxious the fumes are.

Quote Originally Posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate View Post
      But I like seeing flames fart out the exhaust

In all honesty I agree with you. Running CATless is not cool nor seriously beneficial.
      Yeah broseph! Flames are always fun!

The fumes are annoying, occasionally I smell them, but I'm VT where I'm usually not waiting in traffic. I originally bought a hi flow cat that I planned on having installed, but couldn't bring myself to do it before I got a flame throwing photo(which I haven't taken yet)

At what point am i going to throw hot fire from my R's butt???
      2006 S60R MT //Sapphicap//Sport_Premium_Climate_Convenience//18" OZ Ultraleggeras//TME Springs//phMIC//Viva SM Flywheel//OBX DP//Ipd: Boost Gauge & Poly Upper Engine + Trans Mount//Bob Vila//EST Exhaust//Fitzy Gauge Pod//

Quote Originally Posted by MountainR View Post
      At what point am i going to throw hot fire from my R's butt???
      Floor it then let off the gas abruptly allowing for unburnt fuel to dump into the exhaust hopefully igniting from the hot exhaust pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate View Post
      Floor it then let off the gas abruptly allowing for unburnt fuel to dump into the exhaust hopefully igniting from the hot exhaust pipes.
      Hmmm... must try this soon.

The orginal emmission , not tuned car,can not handle a catless downpipe right!
      The cat and the engine are like made to work as one!

The orginal emmission , not tuned car,can not handle a catless downpipe right!
      Not sure at all what this means? Are you referring to O2 sensors being out of whack? O2 spacer FTW....

This sounds conservative...what happened?
      2008 C30 2.0 6MT

2006 Ti SR 6MT - Scrapped by CMOD_R.

1984 242 Ti 4sp - Has moar power than Vio's Mom.

2004 S60R Titanium/Atacama-Spec SM Flywheel, Phuz DP & FMIC, IPD HD TCV, UR F/R Strut Tower Brace, IPD UEM Bushing, IPD LTM. On-the-shelf-UR pulley, UR Lower F&R Braces, IPD HD Front Endlinks, Takspeed Titanium shims, Takspeed SS Brake lines, Takspeed R Pen
      2009 XC90 V8 RDesign Titanium-Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, SS Brake lines, Rear R Calipers (On-Shelf wont fit with rims)

^^Dude, WTF....

LOL!
      2004 S60R Titanium/Atacama-Spec SM Flywheel, Phuz DP & FMIC, IPD HD TCV, UR F/R Strut Tower Brace, IPD UEM Bushing, IPD LTM. On-the-shelf-UR pulley, UR Lower F&R Braces, IPD HD Front Endlinks, Takspeed Titanium shims, Takspeed SS Brake lines, Takspeed R Pen
      2009 XC90 V8 RDesign Titanium-Dimpled/Slotted Rotors, SS Brake lines, Rear R Calipers (On-Shelf wont fit with rims)

Not sure at all what this means? Are you referring to O2 sensors being out of whack? O2 spacer FTW....

Hello!
      I thought that the two lambda probes measure the exhaust value before and after the
      catalyst (the racecat) and
      If you now remove the catalyst and driving without it will of course no correct values ​​as the engine and exhaust are set from the original.
      They both probes know no longer what they should do!
      The fuel consumption is increased and the loss of engine power output.

It just seems to trip the check engine light. The spacer is used to stop the error from occurring. No one has noticed anything other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by soupandspoons View Post
      I thought CJ made the IPD DPs out in Cali?
      I do make the S60R down pipes for IPD. Made in the US with American Stainless. The materials I use cost me more not including the catalytic converter than the OBX down pipe. The catalytic converter I use is a 3 way 50 state legal cat. It is not legal by California's rules, but works as well or better than the OEM.

IPD makes a complete 850 exhaust that looks like an OBX, but I was told it is not made in China, but comes from Canada to their specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
      This sounds conservative...what happened?
      ;P

It just seems to trip the check engine light. The spacer is used to stop the error from occurring. No one has noticed anything other than that.
      Spacer!? Whats that!??

It's true. Not many original owners remaining on here.
      I'm an original owner! And I paid slightly more than you did.
      Present:
      '07 S60R, Black Sapphire/Gobi, 6GT, 18" Pegs, NAV, Prem, Climate, IAQS, Park Asst, iMIV, Updated Rain Squeal Bracket, Aux light kit, Power mirrors with puddle lights
      '07 Acura MDX Elite, Burgundy/Grey, Full Load

Well don't you feel like a fool? Now people are buying these things for $12k and ricen em' out. There was a time when the meer mention of chrome pegs would get you flamed out of the forum.

Spacer!? Whats that!??
      It's exactly that, a spacer that goes on the end of the rear O2 sensor. It fools the sensor into reading a different value and thereby not throwing a code.

Fuel trims, and mixtures aren't controlled by the rear sensor so it's ok to space it.

Another option is, if you have a tune from RICA or AutoTech is to ask for them to delete out the rear sensor so you never see the check engine light.

cannot wait for the 3rd installment, its supposed to be really gross!

Anyone done a sound comparison between the TME and the Elevate DP?

I am considering a DP with my TME Exhaust, I am impressed with the build quality of the Elevate but at the same time I am also thinking a conplete TME (DP+Exhaust) may be a better option in terms of compatibility.

Elevate claims that they have the largest Cat in the market and also that their DP is quieter due to the larger size.

Any advice?

DP doesn't add much noise. Increases the growl under WOT, which is awesome. Don't base your buy on that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast