SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Best downpipe for my 2006 R - opinions/recommendations?

9K views 73 replies 21 participants last post by  jclough 
#1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on downpipes. I'm concerned about fitment, quality of the pipe, and quality of the catalytic converter especially. I bought a pipe previously for my S70 and the cat failed a smog test after just one year of driving.

I see a huge difference in pricing so I'm confused about quality.

#69 ·
Anyone done a sound comparison between the TME and the Elevate DP?

I am considering a DP with my TME Exhaust, I am impressed with the build quality of the Elevate but at the same time I am also thinking a conplete TME (DP+Exhaust) may be a better option in terms of compatibility.

Elevate claims that they have the largest Cat in the market and also that their DP is quieter due to the larger size.

Any advice?

#70 ·
DP doesn't add much noise. Increases the growl under WOT, which is awesome. Don't base your buy on that.

#73 ·
Lol, I enjoyed being an original owner. It was quite the experience to have this vehicle when no one knew anything about them. The popping during shifting scared people.

#74 ·
I hear you brother. Even though I paid $39k for my R brand new, I still got one hell of a deal. That same car carried a MSRP of $68K+Tax in Canada!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.