The same car in the same place - but 85 years later
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

The same car in the same place - but 85 years later

On 14 April 1927, the first mass-produced Volvo car rolled off the production line at the Lundby factory in Göteborg. Now, 85 years later, the Volvo Group is one of the world's largest manufacturers of commercial vehicles and Volvo Car Corporation sells almost 500,000 cars each year.

FULL STORY
      chris@swedespeed.com
      2006 V70R | 6MT | Electric Silver/Atacama | 3rd row | 18" Pegs | Kenwood DNX690HD with steering wheel controls
      2012 XC90 R-Design | NAV | RSE | 20" Cratus | Curt hitch

Yes but the headlights are smaller in the original pic Volvo Media sent out. Not exactly the same car then!

And it ain't wrong wheel drive.
      '88 244 auto (parts car), '89 244 5 spd. (daily driver), '92 245 5 spd. (my car) '80 Holiday Rambler/Ford E350 (tow vehicle and track crash pad), '95 GMC K2500 (local hauler/back-up tow vehicle), '83 Mazda RX7 (race car when I have the funds), '99 Miska 20' car hauler.

The man's prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, ... if I have to, ... I guess."

And there's a German driving this one!

haha, just playing.

DON BEYER VOLVO of FALLS CHURCH, FAIRFAX, VA
      "We will increase the content of boron ultra-high strength steel. We will not relinquish safety." -Tony Nicolosi
      Just in: KPAX 2015 S60 GT6 WOW http://www.fallschurchdonbeyervolvo....d0c1b0cd78.htm

When I was in Sweden August 2010 for an OSD 2011 S60 T6, awesome way to buy a car BTW, (shameless promotional plug) we were told that the first car rolled off the line backwards because the transmission was geared backwards. Maybe Jacoby should have reversed his way through the doors?