Modern front seats and belts ideas
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Modern front seats and belts ideas

Anyone got ideas on comfy front seats with headrests and a seat belt system that will fit PV?

Global Moderator
      Quote Originally Posted by volvo miester View Post
      Anyone got ideas on comfy front seats with headrests and a seat belt system that will fit PV?
      Can you weld?

George Dill

Global Moderator
      Yes I can
      Plan to install all-new seatbelts - any aftermarket 3-point system with full retract and lock-up will work just remember that your new front seats will need to tilt forward for access to the back seat.

Any individual-bucket front seat from a two-door car will work. Avoid captain chairs and seats with built-in armrests/seatbelts.

If you are good at upholstery source salvage seats needing new covers/pads.

If you stay with manual seat controls (unheated) the install is much more simple.

Ideally you would want full-recline, adjustable lumbar and adjustable headrests.

When removing seats from a salvage car be sure to get all brackets, rails, etc. to include any removable mounts.

For real luxury source a pair of front seats from an early Mazda Miata.

George Dill

http://www.volvotips.com/index.php/p...ries-pv-duett/

Quote Originally Posted by gdill2 View Post
      Plan to install all-new seatbelts - any aftermarket 3-point system with full retract and lock-up will work just remember that your new front seats will need to tilt forward for access to the back seat.

Any individual-bucket front seat from a two-door car will work. Avoid captain chairs and seats with built-in armrests/seatbelts.

If you are good at upholstery source salvage seats needing new covers/pads.

If you stay with manual seat controls (unheated) the install is much more simple.

Ideally you would want full-recline, adjustable lumbar and adjustable headrests.

When removing seats from a salvage car be sure to get all brackets, rails, etc. to include any removable mounts.

For real luxury source a pair of front seats from an early Mazda Miata.

George Dill

http://www.volvotips.com/index.php/p...ries-pv-duett/
      Thanks George...I will go to the salvage yards and use your advise

and whatever you do, if you install an electric seat be sure to fuse it else tall dude will inevitably want to drive your car, will move the seat ALL the way back and cut wire on your newly welded seat bracket thus ensuing *FIRE!* ask me how i know this (p.s. a battery discconect switch inside the cab is not a bad idea if you are not sure everything is fused correctly)

Thanks George...I will go to the salvage yards and use your advise
      850/S70 seats or Corvette seats will work as well. Gary has used these in his 1800/ES renovations successfully and they look great too.
      12 S60T6 AWD, 98 S70T5M, 98S70M, 64P1800 CorVo