2008 V70 Key fob battery?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

2008 V70 Key fob battery?

I see lots of postings about how to "split the fob at the seam" to gain access to the battery within, but if you try that with the newer fobs, you'll destroy it

Anybody got a picture or better yet, more accurate advice on how to open the fob without destroying it?

If I get lucky, I'll see if I can figure it out and post a pic or two.

Just don't hold your breath...

Reply to my own question.

After looking at the fob with high magnification, I saw a ramp, the width of a tiny screwdriver barely visible by the spring latch that holds the emergency key in the fob. If you slide the latch - overcoming the spring tension, the little "ramp" is evident. By following the pitch of the ramp with a tiny screwdriver, gentle force (as in prying), will separate the fob case. Do not stick the screwdriver in far. Doing so will damage the electronics.

The battery is a CR2430 and I just ordered two (one for my wife's set and one for mine) from Amazon via for $2.99 for both! Shipping included!

I post a few photos, but don't have permission?
      Last edited by Ken Secor; 05-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.

/Users/kensecor/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2012/V 70 (2008) key fob/DSC_6740.jpg