Spending this summer, help.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Spending this summer, help.

Need to get some comments on spending: im still investigating my options here.

If you have not seend the pix yet, then yes, got the Vanilla form Henry.
      Planning to replace my OEM lowering springs soon. however, a few options i can see doing this summer.

1) Air Ride from airassisted.com installed ---3.600 Tax and labor included.
      Macpherson Universal Airlift
      Slam Specialties ss5 air bag
      3 gallon tank
      2way compressor - manual up/down

2) H&R Coilovers
      Tire rack - 1,321
      Tax--------205.63
      ship-------42.09
      ------------------------------
      Total of ----1,568

Euro Sport Tunning Camber Arms ---199 (250 delivered)

i-Garage (Preffered indie)

Roll Front Fender---160
      Install Coils---------160
      Align-----------------120
      Install Camber-------60
      ------------------------------------
      Total ----------------500

So, with the H&R coilovers, i would spend close to 2,300, if i go with Airride, 3600? what do you think about Air ride. I have a friend wth bagged car (Air) for 5 years running without issues. yearly cost is about 100$ is needs new bushings.

Coils installed is fairly no maintenance. Maybe alignment cost per season. plannig to raise the car on winter, low on summer.

So whats your thoughts on this? is the cost having this justified?
      thanks.
      Last edited by FutureGeneration; 05-14-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: update
      2006 S40 T5, OEM Subwoofer, OEM Pedals, OEM Garmin 765 GPS, OEM Rubber Mats, OEM Trunk Mat, LED Licence Plate, OEM Sports Steering, OEM Trunk Spoiler, BSR Exhaust Cat Back, Evolve Rear Diffuser with custom grills. EST foot rest. Vanilla 19's. SPC Camber, Michelin Super Sport 225/35/19, KW V1.

Gabriel just recently did his car with KW coilovers. So I'm thinking it's probably best to go coilovers, driving dynamics will improve whereas with air ride although gets more comfortable, it does not improve performance. Air ride is also more susceptible to failure, now i've heard of leaking bags and air lines as well as winter issues like water from the air compression tank etc causing issues etc.

I would stick with coils to be honest, if our climate was in somewhere like California or somewhere dry like Texas, then air ride(sacrificing performance) would be a viable option, unless your car is a garage queen and not driven in the winter.
      04 S60 R | MT | Matte Frozen Grey | Nordkap ( mods & evolution & pictures )
      19x8.5 VMR V713 | RICA I | phuz DP | Quad Tip Exhaust | Eibach | Sport Kit | Lots of stuff...

Go with KW V1. Better ride quality than H&R from what I've heard and quality-wise, they're one of the best in the business as far as i'm concerned.
      2005 S40 T5 AWD M66 Sold
      1990 244 DL Sold