SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Best paint color for Beechwood interior? Post your Beechwood car pics!

23K views 37 replies 26 participants last post by  abcdefghii 
#1 ·
Hello all - I was hoping to get into a T6 with the Beechwood interior, but selection right now is extremely limited. The closest cars in inventory with this combo are halfway across the country, and due to the model year changeover it might be best to just wait and place an order for a '13 later.

Does anyone have a blue S60 with Beechwood? How does this combo look together?

It's very difficult for me to find even T5 cars right now in Houston with this color interior so it's hard to tell how well certain exterior colors will mesh with it. If your car has this color interior, please post up some pics :)

#2 ·
I would think savile grey or black sapphire would look good with beechwood in addition to the blue - pretty sure I've seen pics here with those color combos.

#4 ·
I get MANY compliments on my Vibrant Copper/Beechwood combo. The Beechwood almost matches the copper...

#5 ·
My 2012 T6 is Vibrant Copper with the Beechwood interior and I (of course) think it looks fantastic. And I've gotten a lot of complements about that combo.

I like the Copper exterior because it "stands out" against all the silver and white cars on the Arizona roads while not being a heat absorbing dark color that Southwesterners often avoid. I chose the Beechwood because of all the brown accents against the black in the interior, and simply because I've never had that color interior before!

Sorry, I don't have any pics. to upload, but you can find a bunch by searching Google images for "2012 Volvo S60 interior beechwood."

#11 ·
That wouldn't be practical in some parts around here as there is so much gravel. Beige and Silver are the best at hiding dirt.

#12 ·
Sounds like Henry Ford and the original Model T.

#10 ·
I have the Black Ember with Beechwood Combination. The ember has flecks of orange in the paint, so in normal sunlight it looks black. However, if the sun is shining on it, the flecks come to life and the car almost looks like a dark mousy brown (technical term of course). When I first saw the car in the sunlight, I honestly thought it was a different car.

If I was ordering new, I might even consider the Saville Grey with Beechwood combination.

#15 · (Edited)
Mine is Sapphire Black with Beechwood interior. It's a GREAT color combination. Only problem is keeping the black car clean on the outside :)

T

#16 ·
I went with the Vibrant Copper exterior for my 2012 S60T5 OSD. It really turned heads during our trip including being used as a backdrop for wedding photos at the Obelisk in Paris.

#17 ·
How does Vibrant Copper do with dirt?

#20 ·
Saville Gray was the best combination IMO. I briefly considered a T6 AWD and making my own RD much like wdengineer but decided to buy an RD instead which doesn't offer Beechwood.

You might check the Tulsa dealers. They had a couple with Beechwood.

#29 ·
I'm a big fan of blue or black with "brown/tan/chocolate/etc" interiors. Hardly, the same shade as Beechwood, but one of my current cars:

One thing I do like about Beechwood is the darker carpet (less dirt showing up).

#30 ·
I had Savile Grey with Beechwood and it was great. My wife has a Crystal White Pearl with Beechwood also very nice. That said, if I were to do it over again it would be Power Blue with Beechwood (unicorn) or Ember Black . Both are stunning combinations.

#36 · (Edited)
I like the Beechwood with my Crystal White V60CC. The CCs did not come with full Beechwood, I swapped from a 2015 V60. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.