SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

How many R's exist in America?????

56K views 129 replies 52 participants last post by  CKAVolvo 
#1 ·
how many R's were built from 2004 to 2007 that were actally sedans.....i feel like they are pretty rare
ive owned my for almost 2 years and ive only seen 5 others besides mine since i bought my R :D

i know in 2004 5000 R's were sent to America and 70% were sedans so thats 3500 for 04

#91 ·
The only R that matters to me is the one I drive so I could care less if some guy in Mianus, Mass drives the same color combo as I do, maybe that's just me. It's not like they are super rare or anything I don't get the big fuss about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#92 ·
The only R that matters to me is the one I drive so I could care less if some guy in Mianus, Mass drives the same color combo as I do, maybe that's just me. It's not like they are super rare or anything I don't get the big fuss about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found your numbers though.

S60R w/green calipers - 1

#95 ·
Maybe someone can add this to the list?
Last January I emailed customer care about my R's and this was their response,

Dear Robert,

Please find below the information you requested for your 2006 & 1999 Volvo V70R.

Model Year 2006 V70 R
V70 R-Design = 361
V70 R-Design w/ Tgrey, Nordkap int = 39

Model Year 1999 V70 R
V70 R-Design = 346
V70 R-Design w/ Laser Blue / Black int = 0 as Black was n/a.
However there were 30 Laser Blue imported (w/ both interior colors - L.Bge Lt/Suede or Grp/Gry Lt/Suede)

We appreciate your taking the time to contact us and for allowing us the opportunity to respond.

Best Regards,
Kathy
Volvo Customer Care
1-800-458-1552 x 1986
customercare@volvoforlife.com

#99 ·
Thanks duffer, noted.

I think its just a 'huh, pretty cool' factor on why we are curious. IDK. I have the same list for the Saleens as I'm curious about those too.

#97 ·
why do you guys really care how RARE your car is? if you like it that is all that matters. Its a volvo and its RARE, still doesn't mean its going to be worth anything extra so really...Why did hundreds feel so obligated to ask?

#98 ·
It's just something nice to know about the car you own. Especially if you are an enthusiast. It's not like we all are trying to figure out how many Honda Accords were imported to North America and what production number ours is out of probably hundreds of thousands.

#104 ·
I'm going to send another email today and see if they will fill my request. Last time I got denied because there were too many requests...

Sent from my XT907

#105 ·
i like tuscani66's approach. 1 sheet filled on behalf of all R owners to be stickied so we have the information documented for so we no longer need to send them requests for this info.

#107 ·
I emailed again asking and said they were getting too many of these requests. Same exact message as the first time.

Sent from my XT907

#108 ·
In the Netherlands we do it differently. Not only do we know the numbers, we also chase public photo's of the car and a few characterstics about almosst every R. Split between orginal vs iimported car.
http://volvos60rregister.webklik.nl/page/homepage. Even though the site is in Dutch one can understand. This site is created & maintained by Gerrit Hernamdt en Koen Biemond, 2 Volvo maniacs

#112 ·
Lisa was was kind but not very helpful either...

Hi Charles,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Volvo.
Unfortunately,* due to staffing limitations we are not able to
provide productions numbers currently.*
I'm sorry we could not accommodate your request at this time.
We appreciate your interest in our vehicles and wish you many more
miles of safe driving.
Kind regards,
Lisa
Volvo Customer Care
800-458-1552 ext 1953
customercare@volvoforlife.com

Join us on:
Facebook:* http://www.facebook.com/VolvocarsUS
Twitter:* http://twitter.com/#!/VolvoCars_US
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/volvocarsus

#117 ·
Have a look at this post.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=207097

I was able to speak to Volvo NA last year and asked how many 07 VR M66 with my color combo and she put me on hold and came back with the anwser of 19 but flat out refused to email any numbers or any other info. I then received the same email everyone else got about due to high volume we can not complete your request. I was in the system being a heritage member so I guess that helped?

#125 · (Edited)
I mean I got a reply but now they're saying they don't have access to the records lol. I emailed them, "Hello! I have a 2006 Volvo S60R that's titanium grey, with atacama, and a manual transmission and I wanted to know how many were made for the North American Market. I also want to know how many Atacama S60Rs were made over the 2004-2005 and 2006-2007 model years and how many of those were manual. Thanks in advance, [name]"
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Software

#126 · (Edited)
from the research ive done, there were between 2500-3000 imported to the u.s. exact numbers will take much much more research to compile. and breaking it up by model, color, trans type etc just adds to the complexity. u can call a dealership but unless u work for volvo and have access to their system, ur probably gonna piss off ur local volvo guy something awful. i kno this from experience. lol. u will need to do a seperate search for each model(s60r and v70r) and then seperate searchs within each model for all the diff colors and options. after about the 5th search the volvo guy gets a lil lippy. lmao. oh the things i do for my volvo

#127 ·
I'm not sure how you came up with those numbers, but if you read the first page with 10 years old posts (when Volvo actually responded on our requests), you could see your numbers are way off.

"I know in 2004 5000 R's were sent to America and 70% were sedans so thats 3500 for 04 "
"Total S60R 2005 = 1891"
"In 2006, 1545 S60Rs to the NA market."
"823 V70 "R" models were imported into the US for the 2006 model year."

#130 ·
I'm not sure how you came up with those numbers, but if you read the first page with 10 years old posts (when Volvo actually responded on our requests), you could see your numbers are way off.

"I know in 2004 5000 R's were sent to America and 70% were sedans so thats 3500 for 04 "
"Total S60R 2005 = 1891"
"In 2006, 1545 S60Rs to the NA market."
"823 V70 "R" models were imported into the US for the 2006 model year."

I used that 823 number to get Specialty Classic Car stated Value with State farm

Reactions: Papa_Kirlo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.