SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

How many R's exist in America?????

56K views 129 replies 52 participants last post by  CKAVolvo 
#1 ·
how many R's were built from 2004 to 2007 that were actally sedans.....i feel like they are pretty rare
ive owned my for almost 2 years and ive only seen 5 others besides mine since i bought my R :D

i know in 2004 5000 R's were sent to America and 70% were sedans so thats 3500 for 04

#52 ·
Bart is not likely to help either....

Response Via Email (Bart) 09/20/2012 03:22 PM
Dear Ron

Thank you for contacting Volvo Cars of North America regarding your 2004 S60R and 2006 V70R production numbers.

We've recently been receiving an influx of these inquiries but unfortunately, due to limited resources, we're unable to accommodate these requests.

We genuinely appreciate your enthusiasm and regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,

Bart
Volvo Customer Care
1-800-458-1552 x 1931
customercare@volvoforlife.com

#47 ·
That's not good news :( I hope Betty comes through for me..

#51 ·
haha.

Thanks.

#55 ·
hahha I love this thread lol they might just save time if we send them the file to fill out!

#57 ·
Betty can not help me either. I feel like calling and complaining as well, they have a job and aren't doing it. If we can get enough info to fill out tuscani's chart, there will be no need to bother them anymore. I'll just ask them again in a couple weeks. Lol.

Reactions: kyngofpop
#60 ·
"Total imported to USA"

Your chart is selfish, the cars are sold in the NA market... Not sure but I think there is not just the United States of America on this piece of land... :)

And I agree you should try sending him (Jordan, Bart, Santa claus... whatever!) the form so he can fill it up, they (VCNA) seem to not realize we just wanna know by curiosity, or maybe they think they are being pranked by a bunch of pissed off forum users... If I count right, there's something like 10 maybe 15 people who will have asked over a period of 48 hours... that is not a lot, they're very sensitive on prank attack!

#61 ·
"Total imported to USA"

Your chart is selfish, the cars are sold in the NA market... Not sure but I think there is not just the United States of America on this piece of land... :) Haha, not meant to be selfish, but in all the threads I've found, only US people asked about the production numbers, too hard to get all over the world numbers! :)

And I agree you should try sending him (Jordan, Bart, Santa claus... whatever!) the form so he can fill it up, they (VCNA) seem to not realize we just wanna know by curiosity, or maybe they think they are being pranked by a bunch of pissed off forum users... If I count right, there's something like 10 maybe 15 people who will have asked over a period of 48 hours... that is not a lot, they're very sensitive on prank attack!
It would be nice to send them the chart, but doubtful that will work.

#63 ·
Dear Mr. Sias,

Thank you for contacting Volvo Cars of North America regarding 2005 S60 R production
specifications.

We've recently been receiving an influx of these inquiries but unfortunately, due to limited
resources, we're unable to accommodate these requests.

We genuinely appreciate your enthusiasm and regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Bill
Volvo Customer Care

#66 ·
Hi Martin,

Thank you for contacting Volvo Cars of North America regarding 2004 S60R production specifications.

We've recently been receiving an influx of these inquiries but unfortunately, due to limited resources, we're unable to accommodate these requests.

Kind Regards,

Lisa
Volvo Customer Care
customercare@volvoforlife.com

Join us on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VolvocarsUS
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/VolvoCars_US
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/volvocarsus

Damn, Lisa and bill now...!

#67 ·
Is there a point to continue to post this same email response from VCNA customer care?
I think we all get the message, they're LAZY and don't want to get off their respective asses!

#69 ·
I was told to give them my number so they can call me. It should be the other way around though IMO.

#72 ·
We should have one of our moderators be the one to ask them on behalf of this community. Ask them nicely for a complete list broken out so we don't need to bug them and can have it documented on swedespeed. spamming them will accomplish nothing.

#73 ·
I don't think Volvo will take the time to fill out my spreadsheet, however, I do believe they have some sort of chart that I hope they'll be willing to share.

IDK, might be a lost cause.

#76 · (Edited)
curious what my little comment about this on Volvo's facebook page will get... I was polite, to the point, and also pointed out that they were dealing with a very long term Volvo owner, while being nice about it...

20 minutes later, they reply:
Volvo Cars US Thanks for your note, Jim. Unfortunately, at that time it turned out to be more than a few forum members. We were getting hundreds of requests from people! Our Customer Care team is always happy to help, but at the moment they can't handle the volume of requests that are coming in about this topic. Of course, once the activity dies down a bit they'll be happy to revisit this.
My suggestion is this: send them a polite note with the spreadsheet, and ask nicely for them to fill it in, while noting that it would save them from having hundreds ask again... with the understanding that you are sharing this out to the community to help VCNA out by taking these questions off them.

#77 ·
curious what my little comment about this on Volvo's facebook page will get... I was polite, to the point, and also pointed out that they were dealing with a very long term Volvo owner, while being nice about it...

20 minutes later, they reply:

My suggestion is this: send them a polite note with the spreadsheet, and ask nicely for them to fill it in, while noting that it would save them from having hundreds ask again... with the understanding that you are sharing this out to the community to help VCNA out by taking these questions off them.
I agree, it wouldn't hurt to do that.

#78 ·
is there really hundreds of us? I would like to know this information.

Can someone gather what we know from the thread and put it together from what we already have from the responses we got? Year, color, transmission etc. It wont be complete but it would be a good starting point

#79 ·
Can someone gather what we know from the thread and put it together from what we already have from the responses we got? Year, color, transmission etc. It wont be complete but it would be a good starting point
I already have, look at my post. I built a spreadsheet than did a screen capture to show you guys.

Photobucket isn't loading right or I would have just reposted the screen shot.

#80 ·
Does it REALLY matter?
A couple of handfulls to Mexico (maybe) and I would say not more than 3-400 went to Canada for ALL years.

#81 ·
in the past it was possible to do search on engine number...but that was +10 yrs ago, not all changes are improvement!!!!!!

#82 ·
Ok I accidentally emailed the Canada address before I realized...this is the info that I received(pertaining to 2006 V70R):

Good day,

We were able to dig out the following information for you:

V70 R Manual - 42
Sonic Blue - 3
Sonic Blue with Gobi interior - 0
Sonic Blue with Nordkap interior - 2
Sonic Blue with Atacama interior - 1

V70 R Automatic - 53
Sonic Blue - 5
Sonic Blue with Gobi interior - 0
Sonic Blue with Nordkap interior - 4
Sonic Blue with Atacama interior - 1

Regards,

Omar Sidibe
Customer Relations Consultant
Représentant de l'Assistance à la Clientèle
Volvo Cars of Canada Corp
Email: osidibe@volvocars.com
Phone: 1-800-663-8255 Ext 653

#83 ·
He must have done a double-take, as he e-mailed me that same information today too, per my question as to 2006 Sonic Blue V70Rs in Canada. Guess I'm one of two (6spd manual + Nordkap). One of the AT + Nordkap cars (with Nav) is currently for sale at Valentine Volvo in Calgary. I did note that the other 6spd manual + Nordkap was in North Vancouver (saw if for sale last year, about late fall / early summer).

#89 · (Edited)
If your reply came from email: osidibe@volvocars.com, that is the Canadian Volvo.

I have partial sonic blue VR info, man/auto in Nordkap and Atacama, don't have the Gobi numbers: Auto - 19 nordkap, 10 atacama, ? gobi // Manual - 9 nordkap, 2 atacama, ? gobi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.