How many R's exist in America????? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Don't forget that The United Mexican States make up a significant part of North America also. The US is the middle country in NA. In fact, I competed in the IFBB North American bodybuilding Championships back in 2010. And it involved all of North America. The competitors were the top bodybuilders from Canada, Mexico and the US. It was awesome. But it was hard getting used to groups of guys around you speaking French or Spanish and not knowing what they were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
      "Total imported to USA"

Your chart is selfish, the cars are sold in the NA market... Not sure but I think there is not just the United States of America on this piece of land...

And I agree you should try sending him (Jordan, Bart, Santa claus... whatever!) the form so he can fill it up, they (VCNA) seem to not realize we just wanna know by curiosity, or maybe they think they are being pranked by a bunch of pissed off forum users... If I count right, there's something like 10 maybe 15 people who will have asked over a period of 48 hours... that is not a lot, they're very sensitive on prank attack!
      2007 S60R GT Black SapphireMetallic/Gobi | 18" Machined Pegs | Ceramic Thermal Tint
      KW:V2 Michelin:265/35R18 17mm Spacers Rear+235/40R18 12mm Spacers Front IPD:Ceramic Coated Downpipe/Track Sways Phuz:PhMIC UR:Strut Braces Setrab:Oil & Trans Coolers Custom Ceramic Coat:Dual Exhaust & Exhaust Manifold TKi:Endlinks/Toebar AEM:Meth Inj ARD/RZ: MultiMap UltraViolet/R32 Turbo Upgrade

We should have one of our moderators be the one to ask them on behalf of this community. Ask them nicely for a complete list broken out so we don't need to bug them and can have it documented on swedespeed. spamming them will accomplish nothing.
      '05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

Pittsburgh, PA // Ft. Bragg, NC // Woodstock, GA
      I don't think Volvo will take the time to fill out my spreadsheet, however, I do believe they have some sort of chart that I hope they'll be willing to share.

IDK, might be a lost cause.
      Keoni - 2004 SR Saphakap MT||VolvoTista: BOV Kit // IPD: Strut Bar Conv, Upper Polly Mount, Trans Polly Mount // Elevate: Track Sways, SS Brake Lines, AMS // Phuzzy: FMIC, HD TCV // WothRline: Custom Tune // Custom 3" DP w/Magnaflow Cat w/ 3" Cut-Out // Custom 3" Exhaust w/Borla XR-1 muffler to dual exit 2.5" (quad tips) & Magnaflow resonator // Custom 3" CAI // SNAAB: Intake // UR: Pulley // (My Diffuser)

Any updates on this?
      2006 Volvo S60R, Electric Silver - Gobi

They wouldnt tell me about my car a few weeks ago

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

curious what my little comment about this on Volvo's facebook page will get... I was polite, to the point, and also pointed out that they were dealing with a very long term Volvo owner, while being nice about it...

20 minutes later, they reply:
      Volvo Cars US Thanks for your note, Jim. Unfortunately, at that time it turned out to be more than a few forum members. We were getting hundreds of requests from people! Our Customer Care team is always happy to help, but at the moment they can't handle the volume of requests that are coming in about this topic. Of course, once the activity dies down a bit they'll be happy to revisit this.
      My suggestion is this: send them a polite note with the spreadsheet, and ask nicely for them to fill it in, while noting that it would save them from having hundreds ask again... with the understanding that you are sharing this out to the community to help VCNA out by taking these questions off them.
      Last edited by Paisley Pirate; 10-05-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: update, reply from VCNA
      2004 S60R Auto Silver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bob Villa mod, CAI mod, Trans cooler, HID fogs, SS brake lines, Stage 0... this is Volvo #16...
      1st Car - 1965 122S Amazon!
      "I like ours with the black trim better, at least it doesn't look like it was painted at Maaco!" = Mrs Paisley, on driving an 04...

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Pirate View Post
      curious what my little comment about this on Volvo's facebook page will get... I was polite, to the point, and also pointed out that they were dealing with a very long term Volvo owner, while being nice about it...

20 minutes later, they reply:

My suggestion is this: send them a polite note with the spreadsheet, and ask nicely for them to fill it in, while noting that it would save them from having hundreds ask again... with the understanding that you are sharing this out to the community to help VCNA out by taking these questions off them.
      I agree, it wouldn't hurt to do that.
      2006 | S60R | 6MT | Magic Blue/Gobi | Phuz DP | Res. Delete | Custom Magnaflow Catback | UR Upper Front and Rear Braces | IPD Poly Upper Engine and Lower Trans Torque Mount | IPD Strut Bar Conversion | Scan Gauge 2 | Prosport Boost Gauge |

is there really hundreds of us? I would like to know this information.

Can someone gather what we know from the thread and put it together from what we already have from the responses we got? Year, color, transmission etc. It wont be complete but it would be a good starting point

Quote Originally Posted by aggrorider1 View Post
      Can someone gather what we know from the thread and put it together from what we already have from the responses we got? Year, color, transmission etc. It wont be complete but it would be a good starting point
      I already have, look at my post. I built a spreadsheet than did a screen capture to show you guys.

Photobucket isn't loading right or I would have just reposted the screen shot.
      Keoni - 2004 SR Saphakap MT||VolvoTista: BOV Kit // IPD: Strut Bar Conv, Upper Polly Mount, Trans Polly Mount // Elevate: Track Sways, SS Brake Lines, AMS // Phuzzy: FMIC, HD TCV // WothRline: Custom Tune // Custom 3" DP w/Magnaflow Cat w/ 3" Cut-Out // Custom 3" Exhaust w/Borla XR-1 muffler to dual exit 2.5" (quad tips) & Magnaflow resonator // Custom 3" CAI // SNAAB: Intake // UR: Pulley // (My Diffuser)

Does it REALLY matter?
      A couple of handfulls to Mexico (maybe) and I would say not more than 3-400 went to Canada for ALL years.
      Email: jrl1194(at)aol.com
      If the subject is car purchase related please use jrl1194(at)gmail.com
      2006 XC70 White/Black 58K miles, new daily driver
      2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now 120K miles and still perfect
      1994 Lincoln Continental. In concours condition with low miles.

in the past it was possible to do search on engine number...but that was +10 yrs ago, not all changes are improvement!!!!!!
      04 S60R FlashGreen/Nordkap, MT, 18"Peg's w. PZero Rosso's , TME DP + exhaust, orig SUM-sw (redownloaded a month after the 1st crappy update),(loaded EU, so with REAL bi-xenon's)
      pic of her http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/DSC00168.jpg;http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/DSC00921.jpg

Ok I accidentally emailed the Canada address before I realized...this is the info that I received(pertaining to 2006 V70R):

Good day,

We were able to dig out the following information for you:

V70 R Manual - 42
      Sonic Blue - 3
      Sonic Blue with Gobi interior - 0
      Sonic Blue with Nordkap interior - 2
      Sonic Blue with Atacama interior - 1

V70 R Automatic - 53
      Sonic Blue - 5
      Sonic Blue with Nordkap interior - 4

Regards,

Omar Sidibe
      Customer Relations Consultant
      Représentant de l'Assistance à la Clientèle
      Volvo Cars of Canada Corp
      Email: osidibe@volvocars.com
      Phone: 1-800-663-8255 Ext 653

Quote Originally Posted by thegoldstandard View Post
      Ok I accidentally emailed the Canada address before I realized...this is the info that I received(pertaining to 2006 V70R):

Good day,

V70 R Manual - 42
      Sonic Blue - 3

V70 R Automatic - 53
      Sonic Blue - 5

Regards,

Omar Sidibe
      He must have done a double-take, as he e-mailed me that same information today too, per my question as to 2006 Sonic Blue V70Rs in Canada. Guess I'm one of two (6spd manual + Nordkap). One of the AT + Nordkap cars (with Nav) is currently for sale at Valentine Volvo in Calgary. I did note that the other 6spd manual + Nordkap was in North Vancouver (saw if for sale last year, about late fall / early summer).

Good day,

V70 R Manual - 42
      Sonic Blue - 3

V70 R Automatic - 53
      Sonic Blue - 5

Regards,

Omar Sidibe
      These must be the Canadian numbers because in 2006, 823 VR's were delivered to the US.

I updated my spreadsheet... also to reflect a new tab for Canadian Cars.
      Last edited by tuscani66; 10-16-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Spreadsheet updated.

Good day,

V70 R Manual - 42
      Sonic Blue - 3

V70 R Automatic - 53
      Sonic Blue - 5

Regards,

Omar Sidibe
      which email address did you write to for canadian stats???
      05 S60 R MT Black Sapphire, Atacama, Anthracite Pegs, Premium, Climate 110k kms EST interior LED kit All pics at http://tspot.imgur.com/NZS27#aYSrq

Quote Originally Posted by tspot View Post
      which email address did you write to for canadian stats???
      For Canada : customercare@volvocars.com

Quote Originally Posted by QwikBrik View Post
      He must have done a double-take, as he e-mailed me that same information today too, per my question as to 2006 Sonic Blue V70Rs in Canada. Guess I'm one of two (6spd manual + Nordkap). One of the AT + Nordkap cars (with Nav) is currently for sale at Valentine Volvo in Calgary. I did note that the other 6spd manual + Nordkap was in North Vancouver (saw if for sale last year, about late fall / early summer).
      I actually emailed about a week ago, at that time they realized that I was emailing from the USA and said that they did not have access to the info that I was requesting. He must have remembered my email and forwarded the info that you requested to me. Pretty good customer service really.

I got the auto reply from the USA email. Did anyone get vr sonic blue info back?

I got the auto reply from the USA email. Did anyone get vr sonic blue info back?
      If your reply came from email: osidibe@volvocars.com, that is the Canadian Volvo.

I have partial sonic blue VR info, man/auto in Nordkap and Atacama, don't have the Gobi numbers: Auto - 19 nordkap, 10 atacama, ? gobi // Manual - 9 nordkap, 2 atacama, ? gobi.
      Last edited by tuscani66; 10-17-2012 at 01:18 AM.

i Would Be Interested In My Car Numbers Too But I Won't Call and Bug Them If Someone's Willing To Get Spread Sheet Info......
      2006 S60 R Electric Silver, Factory body kit, TME Exhaust, turbo upgrade, Bell FMIC, TME Coils, IPD 25/28 mm Sway Bars
      2005 XC90 2.5T - Stock
      1998 C70 Saffron, M, TT ECU, TME Exhaust, RSI 143 mm Rods, Wisco Pistons, 2.5 L Darton Sleeves, GT3076R, LSD, 400+hp

The only R that matters to me is the one I drive so I could care less if some guy in Mianus, Mass drives the same color combo as I do, maybe that's just me. It's not like they are super rare or anything I don't get the big fuss about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2005 Volvo S60R Ti/Nordkap *NAV, Climate Package, Premium Package, 18" Flat Black Retarded Flying Horse Wheels, 10mm spacers (all around), Engine Stabilizer Upper Polyurethane Bushing, HD Polyurethane Transmission Mount, Polyurethane Upper Engine Mount, GROM iPOD unit, 2 10" Infinity Subs, Phuzzy Motorsports HD-TCV, 3.5" Air Intake, Green Calipers, UR Brace Bars (Upper Front and Rear), IPD DEM Shield*

Quote Originally Posted by ions View Post
      The only R that matters to me is the one I drive so I could care less if some guy in Mianus, Mass drives the same color combo as I do, maybe that's just me. It's not like they are super rare or anything I don't get the big fuss about this.

I found your numbers though.

S60R w/green calipers - 1
      1998 S70 GLT - Sold
      1999 V70XC - Sold

1997 850 GLT - Daily Driver Check It Out
      2007 S60R - - Check It Out -285 awhp/305 ft-lb
      Sometimes I sing too

Quote Originally Posted by prienzo View Post
      I found your numbers though.

S60R w/green calipers - 1
      Nope there was another on here also, it was black with green calipers. Get your **** together prienzo

2005 Volvo S60R Ti/Nordkap *NAV, Climate Package, Premium Package, 18" Flat Black Retarded Flying Horse Wheels, 10mm spacers (all around), Engine Stabilizer Upper Polyurethane Bushing, HD Polyurethane Transmission Mount, Polyurethane Upper Engine Mount, GROM iPOD unit, 2 10" Infinity Subs, Phuzzy Motorsports HD-TCV, 3.5" Air Intake, Green Calipers, UR Brace Bars (Upper Front and Rear), IPD DEM Shield*

Quote Originally Posted by ions View Post
      It's not like they are super rare or anything I don't get the big fuss about this.
      What's your metric for being "rare"? Because there are a lot of "exotics" that are actually way more common than our Rs. Like even some Aston Martins, Ferraris, most Porsches, etc...
      2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust - 2:05 at BIR long course || 2006 Volvo S60R 6M Sonic Blue (RIP - saved my life) - 2:03.5 at BIR long course - 2:00 at BIR short course - Road Trip Pics - My HD Trackday Videos - Loud enough for ya? || 2007 Volvo S80 V8 (his), Barents Blue, 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats || 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 (hers), Oyster Grey, 35% tint, hood liner removed so I can hear the turbo now

Maybe someone can add this to the list?
      Last January I emailed customer care about my R's and this was their response,

Dear Robert,

Please find below the information you requested for your 2006 & 1999 Volvo V70R.

Model Year 2006 V70 R
      V70 R-Design = 361
      V70 R-Design w/ Tgrey, Nordkap int = 39

Model Year 1999 V70 R
      V70 R-Design = 346
      V70 R-Design w/ Laser Blue / Black int = 0 as Black was n/a.
      However there were 30 Laser Blue imported (w/ both interior colors - L.Bge Lt/Suede or Grp/Gry Lt/Suede)

We appreciate your taking the time to contact us and for allowing us the opportunity to respond.

Best Regards,
      Kathy
      Volvo Customer Care
      1-800-458-1552 x 1986
      customercare@volvoforlife.com
      99 V70R #19 & 95 850 #607

Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      What's your metric for being "rare"? Because there are a lot of "exotics" that are actually way more common than our Rs. Like even some Aston Martins, Ferraris, most Porsches, etc...
      Yea they are bigger sports car companies also then Volvo so of course they are gonna be more common to a degree. I just do see the big fuss about it that's all.

why do you guys really care how RARE your car is? if you like it that is all that matters. Its a volvo and its RARE, still doesn't mean its going to be worth anything extra so really...Why did hundreds feel so obligated to ask?
      2003 S60 T5M - bilstein sport/eibach, sways, exhaust, mini h1 projectors, and other minor touches

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse922 View Post
      why do you guys really care how RARE your car is? if you like it that is all that matters. Its a volvo and its RARE, still doesn't mean its going to be worth anything extra so really...Why did hundreds feel so obligated to ask?
      It's just something nice to know about the car you own. Especially if you are an enthusiast. It's not like we all are trying to figure out how many Honda Accords were imported to North America and what production number ours is out of probably hundreds of thousands.
      2006 | S60R | 6MT | Magic Blue/Gobi | Phuz DP | Res. Delete | Custom Magnaflow Catback | UR Upper Front and Rear Braces | IPD Poly Upper Engine and Lower Trans Torque Mount | IPD Strut Bar Conversion | Scan Gauge 2 | Prosport Boost Gauge |

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdude View Post

Dear Robert,

Please find below the information you requested for your 2006 & 1999 Volvo V70R.

Model Year 2006 V70 R
      V70 R-Design = 361

Model Year 1999 V70 R
      V70 R-Design = 346
      However there were 30 Laser Blue imported (w/ both interior colors - L.Bge Lt/Suede or Grp/Gry Lt/Suede)

We appreciate your taking the time to contact us and for allowing us the opportunity to respond.

Best Regards,
      Kathy
      Volvo Customer Care
      1-800-458-1552 x 1986
      Thanks duffer, noted.

I think its just a 'huh, pretty cool' factor on why we are curious. IDK. I have the same list for the Saleens as I'm curious about those too.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferdude View Post

Dear Robert,

Model Year 2006 V70 R
      V70 R-Design = 361

Model Year 1999 V70 R
      V70 R-Design = 346

Best Regards,
      Kathy
      Volvo Customer Care
      1-800-458-1552 x 1986
      ommhhggawwwwddd they called it an R-design

Quote Originally Posted by R.Photo View Post
      ommhhggawwwwddd they called it an R-design

Quote Originally Posted by tuscani66 View Post
      Here is a screen capture teaser.

Photobucket

When I zoomed out of the spreadsheet to align for screen shot, it looks like the words are overlappping the cells, they're not, just FYI. Again, this is based on research and 3 other threads that I found asking the same questions.
      Hey Tuscani,

You ever try taking another run at VCNA and seeing if they would fill out the numbers for you to find out?
      2004 S60R Auto Silver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bob Villa mod, CAI mod, Trans cooler, HID fogs, SS brake lines, Stage 0... this is Volvo #16...
      1st Car - 1965 122S Amazon!
      "I like ours with the black trim better, at least it doesn't look like it was painted at Maaco!" = Mrs Paisley, on driving an 04...

i enjoy this thread. cant wait for more info

Re: How many R's exist in America?????

I'm going to send another email today and see if they will fill my request. Last time I got denied because there were too many requests...

Sent from my XT907

i like tuscani66's approach. 1 sheet filled on behalf of all R owners to be stickied so we have the information documented for so we no longer need to send them requests for this info.
      '05mt blk/atacama SR with a few mods
      '02 v.7 sti wagon-the winter beater
      '02 wrx stage 2 rebuild thread -sold
      "I mostly like to street race in school zones, simply because they show your trap speed on the digital display."-BroCo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast