SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Anyone up for another Maryland GTG

9K views 79 replies 12 participants last post by  Stuvo 
#1 ·
Thinking of doing another GTG/cookout at Patapsco State Park in Elkridge, MD. The pavilion that holds 20 people/cars and is available October 14,20,21,27 or 28 as of today. I will take care of reserving the pavilion if others bring food.

#3 · (Edited)
Finally a reply. I know that bar. I'm thinking 10/21/12. I did this 2yrs ago and we had a good turn out. Pavilion has a fireplace so if someone could bring a little firewood. Also, could someone start a list of food stuff (I'm not good at that). Have room at the pavilian for 20 cars but more room down the street if we need it. Please post this on other sites. This is first come, first serve for parking. Go O's!!!

#4 ·
I'm interested, if I can drive (broke the leg in July, clutch leg...) keep us posted.

#6 · (Edited)
OK, we have the pavilion. PAVILION # 1 10/21/2012

Were are my Maryland peps? Now need help with food and the list for who's bringing stuff and who's coming. Parking is first come, first serve.

Here are the directions:

* Avalon/Glen Artney/Orange Grove/Lost Lake Areas -
• From the Beltway (I-695) Take Rt. 1 (Exit 12-A) toward Elkridge. Follow Rt. 1 South about 3 miles to South St. Turn right. Park entrance is on the left.
• From I -95 take I-195 to Rt. 1 (Exit 3) toward Elkridge to South St. Turn right. Park entrance is on the left.
• From Howard County follow Rt. 1 through Elkridge and into Baltimore County. Turn left onto South St. Park entrance is on the

Here are the rules:

Site Details:
•Site Type: Shelters
•Site Reserve Type: Site-Specific
•ADA Accessible: Y
•Checkin Time: 9:00 am
•Type of Use: Day
•Min Num of People: 1
•Max Num of People: 20
•Pets Allowed: Y
•Shade: Partial
•Grills/Fire Ring: Y
•Looking For Category: Day Use
•Picnic Table: Y

Alerts and Important Information

Area

INFLATABLE EQUIPMENT
Inflatable play equipment and trampolines are prohibited on site without a permit. This permit must be obtained 3 weeks in advance by the reservation holder of the event. To obtain a permit and the necessary paperwork required, contact the park office at 410-461-5005, Monday thru Friday between 8:30 and 4 pm. Due to the need for water conservation, any device requiring water (for instance portable swimming pools, dunk tanks, etc.) are NOT allowed in the park.

ENTRANCE SERVICE CHARGES

In addition to the pavilion/shelter charge, there is a facility entrance fee into the park. Those wanting to prepay the service charges need to contact the park office before the reservation date.
April through October•Monday through Friday: $2 per vehicle in-state; $4 per vehicle out-of-state. Buses: $10 per bus (a bus is a vehicle that holds more than 9 people)
•Weekends and Holidays: $3 per person in-state, $5 per person out-of-state. Buses pay the per person charge on weekends and holidays

November through March (honor system in effect)•$2 per vehicle in-state; $4 per vehicle out-of-state. Buses: $10 per bus (a bus is a vehicle that holds more than 9 people)

Admitted Free: children buckled in safety seats; persons with the Access Maryland State Park Pass for persons with disabilities; members of the Maryland National Guard and all active duty military personnel who display their active military identification card (complimentary access is permitted for card holder only). Senior citizens 62 and older with MD Golden Age Pass. Golden Age Pass requires a $10 fee. Information available at: http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/goldenage.asp

Multiple Reservations
Any person or group requiring more than two rentals (campsites, shelters, or any combination, there of) must first contact the Park Headquarters at 410-461-5005 prior to making reservation.

PARK AMENITIES
To participate in any of the amenities at the park: fishing, horseback riding, disc golf, tubing, boating, etc., you will need to bring your own equipment.

PETS Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed in park buildings, restrooms or play areas. Pets are defined as cats and dogs. Pets must be on a leash at all times. You must have control of your pet at all times. Please bring bags to clean up after your pet. Owners must obey all park signs that prohibit the entry of pets into specific areas. For additional information, visit:
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/pets.asp

ALCOHOL POLICY
1.The consumption or possession of an open container of an alcoholic beverage will be prohibited in all state park areas with the exception of the interior areas of full service cabins, motorhomes, and designated shelters
2.Permits may be issued upon request by the park manager for special events operating under a use agreement.
3.Alcohol permits will only be issued through the Reservation System (1-888-432-2267) for a designated shelter, or other approved facility at the time of creation of your reservation or any time prior to your reservation date.
4.A $35 non-refundable fee will be charged for each alcohol permit and MUST be obtained prior to the event.
5.If you have reserved in the Pickall Area both of two adjacent shelters 705A&B, 706A&B or 707A&B; then you need only purchase one (1) permit.
6.Permits may be revoked for cause by Park Manager, their designee or a Natural Resources Police Officer.
7.For additional alcohol information, visit:
http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/alcoholfaq.asp

GENERAL INFORMATION

1.Must have someone 18 years of age or older on site at all times when occupied.
2.Shelters/pavilions are for picnicking in the day use area of the park. They are NOT for camping or staying overnight.
3.Ballfields are not reservable.
4.Shelters are not heated or enclosed.
5.Groups will be restricted to the capacity of the shelter.
6.Picnic tables are NOT allowed to be moved out of or into a shelter.
7.Park grills are for charcoal ONLY. You may bring a gas grill.

MUSIC To play any type of music (DJ's, radios, microphones, CD's, etc), a permit is required. Call the park office at 410-461-5005 Monday thru Friday between 8:30 and 4 PM BEFORE the day of the event. There is No Charge for the permit.

PARKING SPACES Due to limited parking, carpooling, use of vans or buses is RECOMMENDED. Parking is NOT ALLOWED on the grass or on the main road. Spaces are not reserved, designated or guaranteed. Parking spaces are used by shelter renters and the general public. Shelter renters should arrive early to secure parking near their shelter.

FIREWOOD RESTRICTION
Due to the Emerald Ash Borer, DNR has prohibited the importation of any type of firewood into all DNR owned & managed properties. Chain saws are not allowed.

Site

ADDRESS/DIRECTIONS
The address for your event in the Glen Artney Area of Patapsco Valley State Park is:
5120 SOUTH ST, BALTIMORE, MD 21227.
For directions, visit: http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/central/patapsco.asp

NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED Shelter is not designated for an alcohol permit.
For additional alcohol information, visit: http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/alcoholfaq.asp

Notes

Area

DECORATIONS Please be environmental friendly. We are asking that you choose something other than balloons or confetti as decorations for your event. Balloons and confetti blow around or away, get left behind or burst, thus endangering wildlife. All tape, staples or any other type of attaching device needs to be removed BEFORE leaving.

TRASH FREE Maryland State Parks are TRASH FREE. All trash generated by a group must be taken out by the group when they leave. Please bring sufficient large trash bags to accommodate the groups trash. Park personnel DO NOT pick up filled trash bags.

PARK DAY USE HOURS: Park hours are 9 AM until SUNSET.

PARK EMERGENCIES Contact PARK WATCH at 1-800-825-PARK (7275) or 410-260-8888

PRICING Prices are subject to change without notice. Reservation fees, as well as cancellation fees are non-refundable.

#8 ·
There we go. Finally a MD pep. U could be right on the year. We did have a nice little GTG/cookout that would be fun to repeat. Just a little later in the year, but we have a fireplace to warm our toes. Do u remember who did the list stuff???

#10 ·
I'm tentatively down for this as it's not too far away. I also love cooking/grilling/baking, so I can definitely provide some food for everyone.

#12 ·
I will try to come but that is the weekend of my anniversary and my wife's birthday so we may not be back from OC yet. I'll keep you posted.I thought the picnic was a little over a year ago too...

Tapa tapa tapa

#16 ·
Yes, it would be very bad if a Ranger saw a can or bottle of beer;)

#17 ·
Vegetables to Grill, and a Bean Salad - Bobby (rmorse)
Baked Beans -
Burgers -
Hot Dogs -
Chips -
Cheese -
Dip/Salsa -
Hamburger/Hot Dog Buns -
Water -
Soda - (Bobby/rmorse will bring a 2-liter, need more soda though)
Plates -
Cups -
Plastic Utensils -
Ice -
Condiments -
Napkins -

#18 ·
I can bring some of the TJ's 1/4 lb dogs and some cheese/drinks

#19 ·
Yesssss! Those are the bomb.

Add your name to the list, Phil. Sheesh.

Btw, looks like Brit and I are a definite "yes."

#20 ·
What time do you plan on arriving Stuvo?

Is this the same pavilion as last time?

I'm gonna try to make it I think we'll be back by midday. I'll hold off on signing for food until I know more about me being there.

#22 · (Edited)
What time do you plan on arriving Stuvo?

Is this the same pavilion as last time?

I'm gonna try to make it I think we'll be back by midday. I'll hold off on signing for food until I know more about me being there.
They open at 9AM I'm shooting for that.
Yes, it's the same pavilion as last year. I thought that was a pretty good set up. Maybe we can use the fireplace this year.

Also, a big item we need is CHARCOAL.

#21 ·
Vegetables to Grill, and a Bean Salad - Bobby (rmorse)
Baked Beans -
Burgers -
Hot Dogs - Phil/fenix87
Chips -
Cheese - Phil/fenix87
Dip/Salsa -
Hamburger/Hot Dog Buns - Phil/fenix87
Water -
Soda - (Bobby/rmorse will bring a 2-liter, Phil)
Plates -
Cups -
Plastic Utensils -
Ice -
Condiments -
Napkins -

#23 ·
Cool. I'll keep you all posted as to my ability to make it and get back to you soon.
-poyermet (Aaron)

#25 ·
I know alcohol consumption is not allowed, but seriously if anyone wants some beer from Trader Joe's [such as the Pumpkin ale] to take home with them, PM me and we can work out the details :D

#26 ·
Cool, this is right near my house. My schedule is pretty busy but I hope to stop by.
Stan

#29 ·
Cups are OK. No bottles/cans. Modestgirl, where do u live? I work on Fayette Street. I've got a take on firewood... Go O's !!!!

#31 ·
So...we're gonna do installs at this gtg...right??? :D:D:D [jk, of course]

#40 ·
If only, last time they yelled at us just for having a hood popped and some double parked cars

Tapa tapa tapa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.