What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today? - Page 86
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 LastLast
    Results 2,976 to 3,010 of 3034
      Quote Originally Posted by Young Satchel View Post
      I still got my race inserts (black) in. I swear someone said I wouldn't make it through the winter with them. You recall who that was???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I took the black insert out and am much happier.
      I should have ordered the yellow ones in ty be first place. Ah well.... not going to pay for another set.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Funny, today's drive (first drive post-install) felt smoother overall. I was expecting the opposite. Did you us the Yellow or Black insert?
      Yellow
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Quote Originally Posted by Young Satchel View Post
      I still got my race inserts (black) in. I swear someone said I wouldn't make it through the winter with them. You recall who that was???

Nope, don't recall. Me? That's fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      I took the black insert out and am much happier.
      I should have ordered the yellow ones in ty be first place. Ah well.... not going to pay for another set.

I hear ya. I enjoy the snappier shifts and more connected drivetrain feel at the expense of a little NVH. But i totally get that it's a YMMV situation.

2004 XC70 2.5T AWD | 149K | Bad Swede 52mm Lift Kit | Sparco Terras BFG KO2s in 225/70r16 | IPD Strut Brace Conversion | IPD Skid Plate | IPD DEM Cover | AEM Dryflow Air Intake 2015 V60 R-Design | Sapphire Black Metallic | 44K | KPAX GT Performance Exhaust | IPD Rear Sway Bar | Powerflex Race Torque Mount Inserts

I kind of regret selling the Yellow inserts i had. I had bought both and thought I was happy with the black, but there is a ton of vibration with the Black inserts for my little ole drive-e engine when cold. I'll give it a couple hundred more miles before considering buying another set of yellow inserts
      Last edited by munkeeboi; 06-09-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
      I kind of regret selling the Yellow inserts i had. I had bought both and thought I was happy with the black, but there is a ton of vibration with the Black inserts for my little ole drive-e engine when cold. I'll give it a couple hundred more miles before considering buying another set of yellow inserts
      I'll sell them back to you for $50.
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers
      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 - (former) | 2005 V50 T5 AWD (former)

So today was a very good day! Firstly, (not Volvo related) but i got my 15 Jetta tuned by APR very nice increase and it chirps the tires moving into second!

I dropped my volvo Off picked up my jetta and Drove home. My friend who has an FRS gave me a ride back for the s60. There is a VERY nice stretch of curvy road right by the dealership. In one direction where i wasnt worried about cars i was keeping up with him really well in the corners. His car is really well set up as well. I had a blast, and it made me appreciate the s60 a lot more. I also realized i need an intercooler upgrade since after the 3rd trip i started feeling power loss.
      2012 S60 T6 (non R), P*, K&N drop in, IPD Sway Bar, PowerFlex "RACE" Torque Mount insert, Stop Tech Slotted Rotors, Pirelli summer tires. More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
      So today was a very good day! Firstly, (not Volvo related) but i got my 15 Jetta tuned by APR very nice increase and it chirps the tires moving into second!

I dropped my volvo Off picked up my jetta and Drove home. My friend who has an FRS gave me a ride back for the s60. There is a VERY nice stretch of curvy road right by the dealership. In one direction where i wasnt worried about cars i was keeping up with him really well in the corners. His car is really well set up as well. I had a blast, and it made me appreciate the s60 a lot more. I also realized i need an intercooler upgrade since after the 3rd trip i started feeling power loss.
      Go APR! I loved the Stage 1 tune on my mkv GTI. I liked their other tunes progressively less as I went from Stage 1 to 2 to 2+ and then on to a horribly misfiring K04 tune after my turbo upgrade. I think their new tunes have come a long way since then, and they really wake up the 1.8t which I'm assuming is what's in your Jetta. The stock tune on those is really weak. My dad has a stock manual trans MK7 Golf 1.8t and it could really use a better tune but it's a wonderful driver otherwise. In many ways it's actually more refined than my S60. But yeah get the fmic, it gives great repeatable power and makes the car feel stronger right from the very first pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Go APR! I loved the Stage 1 tune on my mkv GTI. I liked their other tunes progressively less as I went from Stage 1 to 2 to 2+ and then on to a horribly misfiring K04 tune after my turbo upgrade. I think their new tunes have come a long way since then, and they really wake up the 1.8t which I'm assuming is what's in your Jetta. The stock tune on those is really weak. My dad has a stock manual trans MK7 Golf 1.8t and it could really use a better tune but it's a wonderful driver otherwise. In many ways it's actually more refined than my S60. But yeah get the fmic, it gives great repeatable power and makes the car feel stronger right from the very first pull.
      Yeah the jetta is great for what it is, being a 40MPG (highway) commuter car, its comfy, hold turns well, and has more rear legroom and trunk space than the s60. (yes its the 1.8) I kind of want to get the downpipe to reduce the turbo lag, but more than likely im going to focus on the volvo, because with the mods it has so far, im really happy, and cant wait to throw some coilovers on, and get a hilton tune.
      2012 S60 T6 (non R), P*, K&N drop in, IPD Sway Bar, PowerFlex "RACE" Torque Mount insert, Stop Tech Slotted Rotors, Pirelli summer tires. More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
      Yeah the jetta is great for what it is, being a 40MPG (highway) commuter car, its comfy, hold turns well, and has more rear legroom and trunk space than the s60. (yes its the 1.8) I kind of want to get the downpipe to reduce the turbo lag, but more than likely im going to focus on the volvo, because with the mods it has so far, im really happy, and cant wait to throw some coilovers on, and get a hilton tune.
      I actually think you should do the dp on your Jetta first before doing much more to the Volvo. It's really a win win proposition because it'll improve output and sound and likely fuel economy as well, with virtually no downsides as long as you make sure you don't get a "test pipe" file that disables your rear 02 monitor and gets you flagged at your annual inspection. In any case I suspect you will enjoy the improvements on your daily at least as much as you would in the Volvo, since it's the car you actually drive on a daily basis and the mods tend to give you a better bang for your buck on modern VWs than with our S60s.

I actually think you should do the dp on your Jetta first before doing much more to the Volvo. It's really a win win proposition because it'll improve output and sound and likely fuel economy as well, with virtually no downsides as long as you make sure you don't get a "test pipe" file that disables your rear 02 monitor and gets you flagged at your annual inspection. In any case I suspect you will enjoy the improvements on your daily at least as much as you would in the Volvo, since it's the car you actually drive on a daily basis and the mods tend to give you a better bang for your buck on modern VWs than with our S60s.
      The problem with going further on my VW is that I definitely cant field modding both cars at the same time, and at the end of the day, the volvo as it sits is faster than my jetta will ever be. 600$ for 60whp was something hard to turn down. But 750 for 10.... not so much. Even right now i want to get the stock 18' wheels that let me run 225s instead of the 205s, with some summer tires .... Its a slippery slope.

Finally broke it in:

Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 06-10-2017 at 04:04 PM.
      2013 S60 T5 AWD, 100,000+ miles, Premier Plus, Beechwood Leather, Climate, BLIS, NJORD Rims Caspian Blue Metallic, Pirelli P7 Cinturato Plus
      Previous: 2009 Audi A4 Quattro 2.0T & 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

This week i added a "chromebar" in the front lower grille from a V60 Twin Engine. Looks good and fits right in i Think Only cost 20 bucks so easy choise

Took advantage of a beautiful Seattle Sunday to treat her to a wash, tire shine, and leather treatment. Love how the 19" Portia wheels pop when they're clean!

Current Fleet: 2007 XC90 V8 Sport (Titanium Gray); 2016 S60 T5 Drive-E Premium Polestar (Black Stone, Sport Pkg, Convenience Pkg, BLIS, Tech Pkg)
      Previously Owned: 2005 S60 2.5T AWD (Ice White)

I installed my new silk metal edged switches on all doors! Ah, I've wanted these S60 Inscription spec switches for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      I installed my new silk metal edged switches on all doors! Ah, I've wanted these S60 Inscription spec switches for so long.

Looks great!!!

Bmo pete: wow, it´s the litte things

Did you change the whole unit or just the buttons? Wondering because the unit does not seem to have folding mirrors, does not all inscription have that?
      Last edited by Micce1980; 06-12-2017 at 04:35 AM.

At last!!!

2004 XC70 2.5T AWD | 149K | Bad Swede 52mm Lift Kit | Sparco Terras BFG KO2s in 225/70r16 | IPD Strut Brace Conversion | IPD Skid Plate | IPD DEM Cover | AEM Dryflow Air Intake 2015 V60 R-Design | Sapphire Black Metallic | 44K | KPAX GT Performance Exhaust | IPD Rear Sway Bar | Powerflex Race Torque Mount Inserts

Quote Originally Posted by Micce1980 View Post

Did you change the whole unit or just the buttons? Wondering because the unit does not seem to have folding mirrors, does not all inscription have that?
      You can push both mirror buttons at the same time to close the mirrors

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
      2015 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSnooze View Post
      You can push both mirror buttons at the same time to close the mirrors

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
      Yeah, usually there is a diagram on the switch that shows pushing them together will fold them. This one doesn't appear to have them
      Daily Driver: 2013 S60 T6 R-Design Rebel Blue / Black, 73k, "Roxy"
      Garage Queen: 1995 850 T-5R Cream Yellow / Black, 97k, "Daisy"
      Past: 2005 S60R Black Sapphire / Nordkap, 88k, "Peggy"
      Past: 2000 V70R Laser Blue / Black, 174k, "Vicky"
      Past: 2000 S70 GLT SE Moondust / Beige, 175k, "Sandy"

Like this

No, my 17 inscription does not have this feature.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gab2409 View Post
      No, my 17 inscription does not have this feature.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
      Convenience Package has power folding mirrors.
      2016 Passion Red/Off-black S60 T5 R-Design
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      1996 Polar White/Charcoal 854R
      Former: 1996 Bright Red 855R, 2003 Silver V70 T5, 2012 Black Sapphire C30 T5 R-Design 6MT P*

I changed the entire unit. Good catch though on the missing diagram on this one. There are numerous part numbers for these switches covering the various options, so I made sure to get the one with folding mirrors, which it does by holding down the left and right buttons together.

Quote Originally Posted by ckmack View Post
      Yeah, usually there is a diagram on the switch that shows pushing them together will fold them. This one doesn't appear to have them
      This unit does fold them. Not sure why the diagram is missing though.

Quote Originally Posted by nrgglider View Post
      Looks great!!!
      Thanks! They give the switch gear a more premium look for my long term keeper.

Pulled the trigger on some goodies today in prep for my first AutoX day coming up. I'm doing a session at Lime Rock's AutoX track which is actually a little half mile road course on the infield. It'll be good to finally turn the car loose a bit. Here's the list:

- IPD sway bar and end links
      - Stoptech slotted rotors all around
      - Porterfield R4-S pads all around
      - Powerflex yellow torque mount

I keep saying "I'm done" but then I stop and laugh at myself because there's always something new to catch the eye...
      Mike

2016 S60 R-Design Drive-E T6 AWD | Platinum package | Polestar tune, filter, exhaust system, and 19" "winter" rims
      1983 Porsche 944

This unit does fold them. Not sure why the diagram is missing though.
      Maybe you could get the even cooler feature, press and hold L or R to see the rear tire on that side in the side views, screened on?...
      Now that would be exclusive~~

Oh, and I'm jealous
      '16 V60 Cross Country T5

A real lame-o

Spent several hours "modding" the plastic trim covers for the folding rear headrest stalks. Such that the LATCH system on my Chicco Nexfit child seat could fit through. I was very picky about doing it and all but the most persnickety Volvo owner would ever notice. In about 2 years I'll be doing the one on the other side as my wife is expecting in Dec.

Its a shame. There are threads covering this design issue going back as far as 2011. Yet Volvo, the safest family cars on the planet, has neglected to address the problem.
      From my understanding the Volvo child seat LATCH fits right through. Well played!
      '16 V60 Cross Country T5

Quote Originally Posted by kevvyd View Post
      A real lame-o

Spent several hours "modding" the plastic trim covers for the folding rear headrest stalks. Such that the LATCH system on my Chicco Nexfit child seat could fit through. I was very picky about doing it and all but the most persnickety Volvo owner would ever notice. In about 2 years I'll be doing the one on the other side as my wife is expecting in Dec.

Its a shame. There are threads covering this design issue going back as far as 2011. Yet Volvo, the safest family cars on the planet, has neglected to address the problem.
      From my understanding the Volvo child seat LATCH fits right through. Well played!
      My Recaro baby seat latch passes through no issues in the headrests.

2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black, Platinum/Tech/Climate/BLIS/19" Ixion II, KN Filter, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Swaybar {His}
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD - Osmium Grey/Off Black {Hers}
      FS Items: XC60 Cargo Cover
      SOLD:1994 940 Turbo/2004 S40 LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda3 i-touring/2012 S60RD/2013 S60 T5AWD

From last month, but a quick day trip. The silver side panels (part of the IPD silver trim pack) are now removed as of a few days ago.. but I have holes in the side from the rivets I installed and don't know where to take it to clean it up. Nonetheless, the Moose is doing fine

18619899_10208074429373430_4980571264715938803_n
      2011 Volvo S60 T6 Caspian blue metallic | Ferrita catback exhaust system| Polestar chip/badge | IPD rear anti-sway bar | Heico Sport Suspension Kit (soon ) | Dash camera equipped

Got the windows tinted and added rear Polestar badge this weekend. Problem is, I asked for 15% ceramic tint, but it came back 20% dyed. Needless to say, I was pretty upset. I will be getting it redone next weekend. What sucks even more is that I'm leaving town tomorrow for a few days, so it would have been the perfect since I won't be home and tempted to roll down the windows. :/

^^Looks damn good to me!
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers
      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 - (former) | 2005 V50 T5 AWD (former)

This tint does look great. 15% will make it very hard to see out the sides at night. I have 25 and wits I sent with 35.

2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      ^^Looks damn good to me!
      Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      This tint does look great. 15% will make it very hard to see out the sides at night. I have 25 and wits I sent with 35.

Thanks. Yeah it does look good, and he did a good job. I did have 15% ceramic on my last car. Wasn't too bad to see out. But even more is that the ceramic blocks a good bit more heat, so I'm torn.

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 LastLast