What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today? - Page 78
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
    Results 2,696 to 2,730 of 2916
      Thanks a lot

I am looking to improve it (small details) and later on trade it and buy a Polestar

By the way, do you know anyone who unmounted (opened) the cargo barrier? Something went wrong inside, I opened and know I have hard time to put it back. Seems to have an internal spring and perhaps need a specific tool
      2016 V60 T5 FWD Premier - Onyx Black Metallic |K&N|
      2008 S40 2.4 FWD - Grey Metallic | K&N |

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Swapped out the spring and rear mounts from the OEM shocks onto some new Bilstein HD so I can change out the KW V3 coilovers that Chris originally installed in the V60R. Too bad all work on a car can't be done in a heated basement!

V3 will be up for sale shortly so if anyone is interested let me know and we can make a deal.

His - '15.5 Volvo V60 R-Design Platinum (Rebel Blue/Black), '06 Audi TT Quattro (Papaya/Grey)
      Hers - '12 Acura TSX SportWagon (Grahite/Ebony)
      RIP - '11 Acura TSX SportWagon (White/Taupe), '99 Audi A6 Avant (Santorin Blue/Beige), '00 Passat GLX 5-Spd (Indigo/Beige)

added wheel studs thanks to motorsporthardware

_DSC8483 by Fraser Crane, on Flickr

_DSC8485 by Fraser Crane, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by DrFraserCrane View Post

What is the reason for doing that? Just curious.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune
      13.1 at 101 mph

Current mods: KW V3 coilovers, DO88 fmic, Ferrita downpipe, Powerflex "race" torque mount inserts, more to come...

Lets you use wheels nuts vs. lugs....easier to hang the wheel when mounting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      His - '15.5 Volvo V60 R-Design Platinum (Rebel Blue/Black), '06 Audi TT Quattro (Papaya/Grey)
      RIP - '11 Acura TSX SportWagon (White/Taupe), '99 Audi A6 Avant (Santorin Blue/Beige), '00 Passat GLX 5-Spd (Indigo/Beige)

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts View Post
      Swapped out the spring and rear mounts from the OEM shocks onto some new Bilstein HD so I can change out the KW V3 coilovers that Chris originally installed in the V60R. Too bad all work on a car can't be done in a heated basement!

V3 will be up for sale shortly so if anyone is interested let me know and we can make a deal.

You did not like the KW3?
      Just curious as to why...

Marco.
      Current: '15.5 V60RD Platinum, KW V3, IPD swaybar+protective plate, SprintBooster, Ferrita DP+Exhaust, BOV, Do88 FMIC, Ultraracing braces, TDI-Tuning box, Snabb Turbo and HF Intake; '15 Lexus CT200h F-Sport (wife's)
      Past: Porsche 914 '74; LR LR3 HSE '06; Saab 9-3 Aero '05; BMW M3 E30 '88; VW Jetta '00 and '98; VW Fox '86 198

Quote Originally Posted by DrFraserCrane View Post

That looks amazing!
      Do you have parts numbers?

Marco.
      Current: '15.5 V60RD Platinum, KW V3, IPD swaybar+protective plate, SprintBooster, Ferrita DP+Exhaust, BOV, Do88 FMIC, Ultraracing braces, TDI-Tuning box, Snabb Turbo and HF Intake; '15 Lexus CT200h F-Sport (wife's)
      Past: Porsche 914 '74; LR LR3 HSE '06; Saab 9-3 Aero '05; BMW M3 E30 '88; VW Jetta '00 and '98; VW Fox '86 198

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Lets you use wheels nuts vs. lugs....easier to hang the wheel when mounting too.
      Donuts hit it on the head - ease of use is the key. I also intend to autocross the car, so wheel swaps will be in my future frequently. I have used studs from this brand before and was impressed (track and street cars).

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoC View Post
      That looks amazing!
      Do you have parts numbers?

Marco.
      Marco, these: https://motorsporthardware.com/produ...ud-kit-14x1-5/

you could easily use the 68mm studs too. silver cone seat lug nuts
      Last edited by DrFraserCrane; 03-19-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Just don't need all the bells and whistles the KW V3 provide. Great system but I don't have the time nor the inclination to play with adjusting height setting, rebound and dampening.

I've had more than enough lowered cars with my Audi and VWs over the years and driving in the NY/CT area just doesn't warrant the hassle. I've had great success with Bilstein HD on my Audi TT paired with OEM springs so I am giving them a shot here to see how it works out. May regret it but I really doubt it as I've had Bilstein on four prior cars.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoC View Post
      You did not like the KW3?
      Just curious as to why...

Marco.

Just don't need all the bells and whistles the KW V3 provide. Great system but I don't have the time nor the inclination to play with adjusting height setting, rebound and dampening.

I've had more than enough lowered cars with my Audi and VWs over the years and driving in the NY/CT area just doesn't warrant the hassle. I've had great success with Bilstein HD on my Audi TT paired with OEM springs so I am giving them a shot here to see how it works out. May regret it but I really doubt it as I've had Bilstein on four prior cars.
      I'm extremely interested to hear how the Bils ride in this application. Bilsteins tend to be extremely variable in terms of their ride characteristics from one application to the next. For example, I had Bilstein Sports on my MKV GTI, paired with H&R Sport springs, after hearing of how supple the Bilsteins were on a handful of other cars given their level of performance. I had initially wanted Koni adjustables but the vendor was out of them and had offered the more expensive Bils as a substitute for the same cost as the Konis. Anyhow, the ride of that combination ended up being brutal, with almost no suspension articulation over little bumps, and bigger ones being snubbed out so quickly and aggressively that rides down the highway felt like I was riding a pony down a dirt road while it was getting attacked by bees. I was one of the early adopters with the MKV, and as other people started getting them on their cars, it became clear that the Bils were way over-damped for that application under normal driving conditions. Bilstein then revised their Sports for the 2010+ MK6 GTI, and those dampers were considerably more supple-riding, so much so that many MKV guys bought the MK6 versions for their MKV GTIs and were extremely happy with the ride quality. I also test drove a 2003 or 2004 Termi Cobra convertible a few years ago (came close to trading-in my GTI for that car, actually) and was amazed at its wonderful ride quality, which was far superior to that of my 2002 Mustang GT on the same architecture, minus the Cobra's revised suspension tuning and IRS. When I looked underneath, I was amazed to see that it had Bilsteins, and that those Bilsteins were so different from the ones I had had on my GTI. Anyhow, I am very interested in how they will pair with your Volvo, as you may be one of the first people on the forum to use them on a P3 S/V60.
      13.1 at 101 mph

Current mods: KW V3 coilovers, DO88 fmic, Ferrita downpipe, Powerflex "race" torque mount inserts, more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed
      I'm extremely interested to hear how the Bils ride in this application...
      I will be sure to let everyone know how it goes and take some pics. I am hopeful the HDs with OEM springs will be positive like they are on the TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed
      I had Bilstein Sports on my MKV GTI, paired with H&R Sport springs..... the ride of that combination ended up being brutal
      I had Bilstein Sport along with H&R springs in my B5 Passat and it was tough driving in the city. Open highway was fine until you hit a pothole or a ridge in the road. In large part I chalked it up to the reduced suspension travel since the H&R dropped the car almost 2" vs. the specified 1.2" - 1.5".

[QUOTE=Life for Volvo;2868457][IMG]http://images.tapatalk

That shift boot looks nice! How do you remove the old one to Replace? I know how to get the shift knob off, but not the boot. My wife is going to craft me a new shift boot to match the beechwood seats.

Blew a big hole in my turbo piping yesterday... luckily the shop had one delivered within a few hours and switched it out immediately ?

Quote Originally Posted by obermuh View Post
      Blew a big hole in my turbo piping yesterday... luckily the shop had one delivered within a few hours and switched it out immediately ?
      How does this even happen? Did you get some kind of detonation event?
      13.1 at 101 mph

Nope. The shop is guessing the the pipe had been weakened by something beforehand (I.e. an animal, force, who knows what) and the higher than standard pressure behind the turbo (car is engine is modded) just didn't go together very well!

trying to get these installed within the next 2 weeks

Those P* wheels are stunning.
      How much lowering do the springs offer?
      2012 S60 T5 Savile Gray/Beachwood

What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today?

Replaced the Chinese ($3/each) LED licence plate lights with proper Philips ones ($6/each from Rock Auto). One of the Chinese ones failed within a couple of months and the other flickered every now and then.
      P.S.: Rockauto.com discount code is 5976724853664444 for 5% off any online order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      KECA Kombi - Now '16 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Just a K&N filter so far, but love the PoleStar tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Almaz View Post
      Those P* wheels are stunning.
      How much lowering do the springs offer?

The Heico suspension kit supposedly lowers about 30 mm at all 4 corners

Quote Originally Posted by munkeeboi View Post
      Curious what the actual drop will be when/ if it settles. Actual drop can end up being quite different from advertised numbers in some instances. Also, damper choice can influence ride height. My Bilsteins didn't compress as readily as other dampers might, so my gti on H&Rs sat quite a bit higher than the advertised drop, and higher than gtis with those same springs on softer stock dampers. I've heard the Heico springs don't go very low, but are great for people looking for a conservative drop with function being more of a priority than form.
      13.1 at 101 mph

I posted this on the brake install thread but today I swap my rear brake pads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sf4...ature=youtu.be
      2013 R-Design CPO Rebel Blue

Both Eibach and H&R specs say the same 30mm (1.2") drop from stock (non-sport). That's an additional 15mm drop for R-Design/Sport.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

How about a suspension sticky Chris?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      How about a suspension sticky Chris?
      Yes, please! Especially since you can't seem to search for keyword "H&R". A sticky would make locating info so much easier.
      13.1 at 101 mph

straight back form the shop and the Heico kit is an even 1" all around. will update as things settle to see if it drops a bit more. They had to mill out the shock mounts to fit the larger diameter bilstein shock tubes.

Heico kit rides just as smooth as stock, but you can definitely feel that the car is more planted to the ground. Since this will be my daily driver, it's exactly what I wanted.

Polestar 19's with P7 Cinturato A/S Plus 235/40/19 going on tomorrow!

Which P* rims? The smaller version of the 20s or the optional gunmetal version? Very interested to see pics!
      Logan

2015 S60 T6 AWD R-Design Polestar
      2008 S40 2.4i - hers
      2013 C30 Polestar Limited Edition #87/250 - (former) | 2005 V50 T5 AWD (former)

Quote Originally Posted by Veefifty T5AWD View Post
      Which P* rims? The smaller version of the 20s or the optional gunmetal version? Very interested to see pics!
      The smaller versions of the first gen 20" rim

Pics were posted in post 2711

The smaller versions of the first gen 20" rim

Pics were posted in post 2711
      Work blocks them Looking forward to seeing them on the car!
      Logan

2008 S40 2.4i - hers

Stock height

Right after Heico install

Heico with 19" P*rims and 235/40/19

Beautiful!

Looks great. Love the rims.

Will be interesting to see how it settles
      2015 V60 T5e - Sport Chassis - H&R Springs - IPD Rear Sway Bar - Polestar Optimization - Polestar Exhaust - Polestar Filter - Polestar Rear Diffuser

Very nice!
      Logan

2008 S40 2.4i - hers

State safety & emissions inspection, new battery (was original -- in the car almost 5.5 years), new serpentine belt and tensioner -- at the dealer. The belt/tensioner were not reported as an issue at the 75,000 service.
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

3,000 miles in 6 countries over 21 days during OSD.

Mine is at Volvo specialty shop where my DDM is being replaced & reprogrammed, new belt & tensioner & new a/c compressor ( 1st was replaced under warranty ) @ 40K & now at 160K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2003 mustang COBRA ( SVT 10th anniversary ) born on 6-26-03/ 4634 of 5082 of verts & 955th of 2003 SVT 10th ANNIV edition`s
      2006 s40 2.4i fwd

my new baby!!! black on black 2012 s60 T6 awd

Heico with 19" P*rims and 235/40/19

Perfect!

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 78 of 84 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast