Time for some new love for this forum!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Time for some new love for this forum!

Hey all,

For those that might have noticed, I've been added as a moderator for this forum aside from the R Forum. I've noticed a number of stickies at the top that are very dated (way back to 2004) so i've already removed one (the gallery one, which is nearly ancient).

Anyway, there's plenty of activity here and I know there's a quite a few forum regulars as well that come here daily. What are things you want to see done? and are there any relevant threads or stickies you would like to see added to the top that would help newcomers as well as oldtimers?

Treat this thread as a sounding board, let me know what you think and I'll see what buttons I can push around here.

Thanks,

~D
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread | pictures DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think it'd be nice to have an s60 index like the R forum has http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...p-Repair-Index I know there isn't as many notable build threads but I think there are a few pretty nice builds on here that I learned from that I thinks new members could benefit from if it was in an index and stick noted like that.

I know this would take a bit of digging but I'm sure a lot of members would be happy to submit the links to their build threads, repair threads, and modification threads if you wanted to accept pm's with links, and you judge as to what is good material and whats not necessary. By the way beautiful car lurk on the R forum every once in a while and love your build.

Thanks!

For the R forum, it was pretty much my idea to merge all the similar threads into the R Index, and I'm sure the exact same could be done here given the wealth of information that's available in this forum alone.
      The only problem is, there isn't a list to work with. So we need to start somewhere, and this should be the place. I'll make this thread a sticky and those that have links should post it up here. Follow the basic guidelines similar to the R forum , and we can get started!

Thanks for the compliments on my car
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread | pictures DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't know why this bothers me so much... Time after countless time someone chimes in and asks for advice and they don't even bother to state what they are driving.

I would like to see everyone include the Year, Model, Sub model somewhere that automatically comes up when you post.
      Maybe make it "a must" fill in the blank for signatures...
      2006 Volvo S60 2.5T - The Older I Get, The Better I Was

Signatures are pretty much optional for most users, i find that only more frequent users actually fill out their signatures. Maybe it's hard to find this feature on the forum without digging around in the settings.

Devolvr, we would all like healthcare benefits. Please do what you can.

From Sweden with Love

I think that stickies of the most common problems on our cars would be appropriate. ETM diagnostic and replacement procedure backed by a video. Transmission diagnostic and repair to assist in DIY to address the problem outside of rebuilding the tranny/valve body, backed with a video. Suspension/steering/drive shaft schematics and diagnostic, along with a step by step to disassemble and put it back together backed up by a video.

Also, maybe a sticky that catalogs user repair and mod videos for the visual learners like myself!

I also would like to see folks tool collection and which tools are a must for the DIY. Maybe home shop pics, layout, and overall technique to manage your personal shop and repairs/mods.

A scheduled maintenance sticky might be nice s well.

Lastly, a sticky "I made this mistake so that you don't have to." Could be some comedic fodder along with time and money saving tips.

Hope that helps!
      Last edited by Rocky Presley; 03-07-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Links to- or subtopics with more popular mods how-tos would be a real plus...like the DIY FMIC that many have done, but is always done differently, or the 13T to 16T upgrade.
      2004 V70 T5M: Platinum Green Bob Villa mod | boost gauge | poly mounts | Snabb intake | IPD sways | Koni yellow struts | KYB monotube shocks http://imgur.com/a/0MRgX
      2006 Mazda5 Touring 5MT the runabout
      2000 Honda Odyssey what have I gotten into!?

I've noticed in a few of the forums there are information on which model year to purchase and which to be aware of potential issues, also DIY fixes. Would be nice to have those in this forum.

Index of mods and fixes would be great
      Owner map also nice like the R forum

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
      2007 S60 2.5T AWD-ARD HD TCV Eurosport tuning and Snabb intake, full exhaust OBX

where is signature input in settings

Quote Originally Posted by DevolvR View Post
      Signatures are pretty much optional for most users, i find that only more frequent users actually fill out their signatures. Maybe it's hard to find this feature on the forum without digging around in the settings.
      I am new to this site. I could never find a signature input place in settings.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements