Used front subframe bushing bracket as a jack point? Jacked?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Used front subframe bushing bracket as a jack point? Jacked?

Hello. I'm a dumb ass. Used the front subframe bushing (back ones on front subframe) bracket and washer as a jack point for lifting and jack stands. Rookie mistake. Am I hosed and need to have them replaced? Car has an intermittent creek noise now and seems to have a new noticeable vibration in the seat of the pants, not steering wheel. 125k 2001 V70 T5.
      I also recently replaced spongy rear shocks with monroe. Much stiffer. Maybe I'm feeling the road more. Unsure. I saw the bushing inserts and was thinking of trying them.
      Would appreciate your opinion.
      Thanks

That's actually a common place to jack up the car. Creaking is probably unrelated. I would think worn sub frame bushings would cause more of a clunk.
      '01 S60 T5 GT 150K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sports/TME springs, XC90 spring seats, ipd HD sway bar endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot Rotors w/ceramic pads, Snabb Intake, HD ignition coils, iMIV ipod adapter, blk mesh grill
      GF -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 140K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6